“Untouristy Parisian Bistro with delicious Chateaubriand!!!!”

Au Moulin a Vent Chez Henri
Reserve with
Au Moulin a Vent Chez Henri is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,091 of 17,420 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Alexandria, Virginia
“Untouristy Parisian Bistro with delicious Chateaubriand!!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This was my second experience at Au Moulin a Vent Chez Henri. It has been a few years and I was hoping that the restaurant lived up to my memories. And yes it did!!!!! We had made reservations about a month in advance which is a must due to the small size and limited table numbers. The tables are all aligned in a row so you literally sit directly next to fellow diners. So some patrons, may not appreciate this set up. However, it is loud enough in the entire restaurant that it is difficult to overhear the other conversations. In addition, we ended up sitting next to a nice couple who we chatted with which is always a fun experience. The waiters are friendly and willing to offer up suggestions. The service was attentive but not overbearing. I already had my heart set on the chateaubriand...and I chose the one with a shallot butter sauce and my significant other had the Bernaise sauce...absolutely marvelous!!! We had the side of garlic potatoes and green beans. It was a wonderful Parisian dining experience that lived up to my expectations. Will return again and again.....

• Visited April 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Waxahachie
“Terrific restaurant - consistently great!!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was our second time to go to Chez Henri. We remembered how much we enjoyed the restaurant the first time, and it didn't disappoint us this time. The service was excellent, as well as the food. We had frog legs, aparagus with a hollandaise sauce, and green beans with crab meat on top. All were exceptional. For our main course two of had Chateaubriand. One person had shrimp, and one had fish on top of white beans. All were outstanding. We were invited into the kitchen to meat the chef and his assistants. I can't say enough good things about our experience at Au Moulin a Vent Chez Henri. We will definitely return again.

• Visited April 2012
“Excellent again...”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Be prepared to have one of the best bistrot food in Paris. After a period of so-so it is again delicious. Good service, noisy Parisian way, expensive wines, great meat, scrumptious sauté pomme de terre, divine kidneys. Great rice pudding and very good ice cream.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank FrancisRogerDuck
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Insulted”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We were recommended to go here by friends of us. At first it all seemed ok when we got there. I know french well but don't show it. Apparently they thougt we were germans and they were constantly mocking us in french, but with a false smile on their faces. Comments of our clothes, looks and choices.
I'll never come back. I didn't tell any of my friends or family members what was going on while we were there. They hardly noticed anything and still wonder why I don't want to go there anymore.

R.F.Sweden

• Visited April 2011
8 Thank kurt_ohlsson
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food - Will definitely return for the food but not the service”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

What an absolutely amazing meal - in a typical french bistrot - very untouristy!!!

We had the escargots to start with - beautifully done in butter. Had 12 of them and could have had more!

Next shared the rack of lamb for two with my dad - medium done! The lamb was tender and absolutely wonderfully marinated and perfectly done. My mum had the entercote with pepper sauce. Superb! Would recommend that you order it accompanied with the champignons and the potatoes for the extra flavour!

I wouldn't say the service was bad but it certainly wasn't the most friendly we have experienced in Paris. In fact, I would have rated the restaurant an excellent but the service let it down.

Would definitely go back again on my next trip to Paris and probably order the same food!!

• Visited October 2011