“Beautiful Parisian cafe with delicious desserts”
Review of Angelina

Angelina
Ranked #13 of 260 Coffee & Tea in Paris
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So delighted to have found this place. I had it marked as a place to try on my trip to Paris and on our first day walking around we just happened to walk by.

Location: Close to the Louvre museum making it a nice stop before or after you visit the museum. Or stop by just because! They have a cafe area for take away as well as a sit down area upstairs and downstairs. We ended up coming here for brunch as well as dinner on two different days; that's how good this place is.

Staff: Friendly staff that was very efficient. They are true to French style in that they don't rush you through your meal and won't bring you the check until you ask for it. You could sit here for hours with friends just talking if you really wanted to.

Food: On my first visit I had a plain omelette where the egg was perfectly cooked. The egg was fluffy and perfectly seasoned. Delicious. I also had a latte and because of this I didn't get the chance to order dessert. But it's okay because we went back! For our dinner visit I ended up ordering a Caesar salad so that I could save room for dessert. I ordered their Fraiser. It's strawberries with light vanilla cream and a hazelnut biscuit. It's fantastic! The flavor was light and perfect for summer. I could eat this all day long if I had the option.

Totally worth checking out. When we went on a weekday for brunch there wasn't a wait. When we went for dinner on a weekend, the wait was about 10 minutes.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (10,276)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This cafe was excellent overall. Very nice ambience and atmosphere and the hot chocolate (I.e. L’Aficain) was amazing. This is a must try when you are in Paris. The food was excellent as well . I had the Croque Madame and my wife had one of their salads. Service was very good as well but it may take awhile as they tend to be very busy. Enjoy!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On our trip to Europe this summer I intentionally diverted our trip to Paris just so I could get some of Angelina's hot chocolate. I have visited here many times, and the only way to get the hot chocolate is to bring it back or order from the Versailles angelina site for the Chateau. I had dbreakfast here every morning we were in Paris. The eggs benedict with salmon Amazing! and their Quiche' Loraine is great too. The ltttle tarts are great adn not overly sweet. We desperately need one here in California.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped here on our walk to the Arche de triomphe........we had heard that the hot chocolate was not to be missed.....and what we heard was RIGHT.....best ever.....I also had a beautiful breakfast of eggs Benedict .......service was good .....Architecture was great

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited the Luxembourg garden location after a wonderful walking tour of Latin Quartier (Paris Greeters - Highly recommended). We ordered a couple of sandwiches (it was a little late lunch) and four different deserts. Everything was excellent, including wonderful service with a smile. Our parents were not familiar with many things on the menu and the waitress was so accommodating, pleasant and patient in explaining everything. Will definitely visit again in our next trip!