“classic, touristy but surprisingly good”
Review of La Petite Chaise

La Petite Chaise
Ranked #768 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed August 12, 2013

it's a sweet place with a terrific onion soup. The three of us felt that every dish was a very good version. They're not breaking any culinary barriers and on an August Sunday night, the whole dining room (which is small) spoke English (that could be a function of both August and Sunday). Nonetheless, we would absolutely return and the lamb was better than versions I've had at far more celebrated places. Exceptionally cool history of the place...dining in Paris' oldest continuing restaurant in the very place where Brillat Savarin held court!

1  Thank EdGrapeZ
There are newer reviews for La Petite Chaise

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel. This is a typical French restaurant. We had a reservation at 7 and showed up about 10 minutes to since our hotel was only a block away. We were asked to come back at 7 since they were still setting up. When we came back, we were seated right away which was easy since we were the only people there. By the end of our meal, the small restaurant was full. Our waiter was friendly even with our very limited attempts at French. We ordered the snails which were very good. My husband had steak au poivre and my daughter and I had the pork tenderloin with pasta. The only hiccup we had was when there was some confusion in the ordering and we were brought only one pork dish. I had to order another but it came out very quickly. We all had dessert. My favorite was the bittersweet chocolate cake that I ordered.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I ate here while celebrating our honeymoon in July. It's an adorable old restaurant with a cozy dinning area. Our meal was delicious, but because the room is tiny we were very distracted by another table of dinners with a very VERY loud, disruptive person. That was very unfortunate because our meal was very tasty.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We chose this restaurant to celebrate our last night in Paris. We were a group of 10 and I asked for a private room when I made the reservation. My request was granted and we were seated in a room on the second floor. This place was founded in 1680 and the décor might very well be the original one. We spend two hours enjoying the food and the service. It’s seems our server was a mime in previous life so we got some entertainment at no additional charge.
Everything was presented nicely and was very delicious. I had the two fish combination and was outstanding. They have an extensive menu of excellent desserts. Price is very reasonable for this kind of establishment. Recommended.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

A wonderful lovely place to dine. It is a very small restaurant but we had such a wonderful dinner here - the atmosphere was charming.