“Two nights at Paris”

Ranked #46 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Two nights at Paris”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed here for two nights on our way to Nice in Mid April 2014. accommodation was available in short notice (guess we're lucky) our first trip to France and they made it enjoyable. despite being a very small building, the design was well thought and crammed into very small space. you could hear other rooms, but not bad. the bathrooms are well done although very small.

the staff, being French, is very welcoming and helpful. I liked the sweet sounding bonjour, monsieur. We had a seven months old infant with us, so they gave us special treatment.

One thing I liked the most, on our way back from Nice, we need to store our luggage for several hours while we wait for Eurostar in the evening. trying to find an option I called them up, just trying my luck and the gentleman on the phone recognized me and offered space in their luggage store. Although at the end we didn't need to use the favour, I was pleasantly surprised with the gesture.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sébastien G, Responsable réception at Hotel WO - Wilson Opera, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Bonjour Monsieur,

Thank you so much for your nice comment.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hotel WO!
A trip with a baby it's always difficult and it's normal to give you a special treatment.

we are glad that we have been able to help during your stay and also after your stay :-)
It was a real pleasure accommodating you.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon in Paris!

Zozan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed in this hotel 17/05/14-21/05/14 found it on trip advisor, it really is amazing my partner had rang ahead and arranged room upgrade as he was planning to propose. They had it all arranged for our arrival and even rembered him calling and were keen to know my response. Very personal and attentive to all our needs,all staff were amazing and so helpful. Rooms are beautiful and great location. St lazare station at end of road so easy to get train from airport, 5min walk to open top tour bus station. 15 mins to opera house approx 20 mins to the louvre. We did not have breakfast in hotel but I am sure it was lovely. You also get free wifi code on arrival. Would definatley recommend and would 100% stay again if visiting again.

Room Tip: If you can afford the balcony room it really is amazing with views of Eiffel tower.
Bonjour,

What a wonderful comment on the hotel and our service. We thank you very much for sharing them on Tripadvisor.
For next time, I'll suggest you to try our buffet breakfast cause there is all what you need and the quality is very good (only fresh product)
We were happy that you had a memorable experience.

The entire team and I hope to welcome you again.

Kindest regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Having lived in Paris for 4 years I am familiar with the sizes of hotel rooms- which generally are on the small side. I just wanted a hotel that was central and accessible without a hefty price tag. This hotel ticked al the boxes. I didn't opt for breakfast as I had friends staying at the Grand Hotel. I would definetely go back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank cookie992
Sébastien G, Responsable réception at Hotel WO - Wilson Opera, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Bonjour,

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.

Yes, we are very well situated in Paris. We are near to Grand boulevards, Opera, and you also we have Saint Lazar, Europe or Saint Augustin stations which are really close by.
Regarding the breakfast I hope you will try for your next trip with us.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed in the room on the 6th floor with a balcony overlooking the Eiffel Tower. The room was lovely! Fairly big by Paris standards, but not huge. The bathroom, however, was quite big. And the balcony was perfection. Comfy bed, good shower. And a very accessible location. Just a short walk to the Champ d'Elysees and also Monmartre. The staff was friendly and helpful. The best part of this room was for sure the balcony. We enjoyed our Paris Picnic on the balcony with wine, cheese and a baguette. We would absolutely return here! And the photos on the webiste were very accurate. Room looked just like we hoped it would.

Room Tip: 6th floor room with balcony was perfect!
Hi,

Thank you so much for this lovely comment.

We are happy that you enjoyed the Deluxe Room with the Terrace on the 6th floor.
This room is so beautiful and romantic! The view is unbelievable.
if I have to chose only one word I will say : waouhhh !
Thank you for your nice words about the staff and we just want you feel comfortable with us.
Regarding the location indeed is very convenient and the train station is only 2 minutes walking distance.

We are looking forward to welcoming again

Kindest regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I do no really get it when others feel the hotel room is really small. I mean it sure is small compared to the suite like rooms you get when visiting China but in my opinion, the room in Hotel WO makes use of space very efficiently and in no way do I feel that the rooms are squeezy at all!

I was delightfully surprised when I stepped into my room, after heading to Paris from London. The room was well ventilated with a nice shower and toilet. Every detail was lovely and the ambience really makes you feel relaxed after a whole day of exploring Paris. You can open 2 luggages in the room and still have room for walking.

Excellent service from the staff and would like to point out that Nour was absolutely fantastic with his knowledge and hospitality. We had to reach the airport by 9am on departure day and it took us only 25 min by car, which we booked with the hotel front desk. It costs only 55 Euro which is well worth it considering that you do not have to lug your luggages up on a bus or taking the metro which will take you nearly 1 hour for a stressful trip home.

The not so good aspect - the breakfast selection was pretty meagre but the croissants were fantastic. Perhaps I am not used to the spread for a Paris buffet breakfast. Hot water in the room was not really working on the 3rd night after we showered but thankfully was resolved the next morning. On the last night, the lights suddenly went off (black out) when we were packing our luggages but power restored after 5 min. Thankfully Spring in Paris has pretty long days so there was still natural lighting :)

The above did not ruin a single star for my rating for this hotel. This will be my go-to hotel if I ever visit Paris again.

(FYI, I stayed in a standard room on the 1st floor - did not upgrade and I do not feel the room is small. London rooms at the same price are even smaller in my opinion)

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonjour,

Thank you for this comment (5*****), we really appreciate it!
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor in particular for all details regarding the room size.

The service is essential for us. We do our best every day to make sure that every guest in the hotel feels comfortable.
Regarding the hot water and the electricity in the room we try to fix problems as fast as possible and we also have some audits regularly to make sure that everything works perfectly.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This hotel was nothing to write home about.

Rooms were the smallest that we stayed at (even smaller than another Paris hotel). Two people could not use the sink at the same time, toilet was situated in a tiny corner where your arms and legs touched the walls. The shower was wonderful (my favorite part of the hotel).

It was decent for only one night stay, but NOT convenient to CDG airport by metro/train. It took us more than an hour to get to the airport because of all of the transfers. If you stay here, I suggest taking a taxi. The breakfast spread was lovely, though we had to speed-eat to get to our flight.

The neighborhood looked lively, and it was right by the Saint Lazare metro, making it easy to go site-see. We weren't there long, so didn't really get to know it.

Bonjour,

First of all thank you for your comment.
Our rooms are really cosy and the size of the room depends on which category you book.
In our Hotel we have superior and also Deluxe rooms which are bigger than Classic rooms.
At reception all guest are welcomed to ask anything and we need to know how the guests feel to sastify them.
Also I'am realy glad to read that you enoyed the shower :-)

We hope to see for your next trip to satisfy you.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Thanks to the reviews on Trip Advisor, we chose the WO for our first trip to Paris & we are so happy we did! The location was much better that we had anticipated and it was so easy to get wherever we needed either by foot or by taking the nearby metro. The room was immaculately clean and we're so happy we splurged for the room with the larger terrace....the views were spectacular! We also enjoyed the delicious breakfast each morning. But what we will remember most about this hotel is the the amazing staff! Even before our arrival, every question we asked & every request we had was answered promptly and thoroughly. When we finally arrived, the thoughtfulness and attention continued. Each and every employee we encountered was gracious, kind & professional--a true testimony to the standards of management. Nour at the front desk was the employee we had the most dealing with and he was so helpful, friendly and diligent. Walking through the door at the end of a long day and being greeted by name is just something that you don't get with most hotels. We have already decided that room 602 at the WO will be where we stay upon all future trips to Paris.

3 Thank Rebecca B
Sébastien G, Responsable réception at Hotel WO - Wilson Opera, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Bonjour,

Thank you so much for your review about your experience at the WO Hotel !
We are delighted that you found your experience with us to be excellent!
We do our best to make sure every guest is fully satisfied with us.
The rooms are well designed and as you said the view in Deluxe room with the Terrace is amazing.

I have already shared your remarks to the team and especially to Nour :-)

We all look forward to welcome you very soon.

Kindest Regards,