“Please Beware Of Pick Pockets And PARIS VISION When In Paris!”
Review of PARISCityVISION

Authentic Giverny full day Trip including lunch
Ranked #73 of 571 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Deluxe minibuses sightseeing tours with or without guide (7 people max by minibus)- Pick up & return to your hotel in Paris.
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Never showed up for my city tour (although I booked 5 months in advance and CONFIRMED THE NIGHT BEFORE) then REFUSED TO REFUND MY MONEY!!!

If dealing with disreputable, unreliable companies while traveling abroad is your thing, Paris Visions may be for you!

3  Thank Rick H
Write a ReviewReviews (6,798)
All reviews
in 1,368 reviews
"fontainebleau"
in 97 reviews

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The tour was exactly what I expected. We chose the 8 passenger Mini-van option so we could receive a customized tour. Eliza was very informative during our transfers to Versailles and Giverny with all the historic details of the Palace and Monet's life. She was prompt and very pleasant. Our first stop was Versailles. We bypassed the long entrance line-up and was able to enter the Palace at a specific pre-booked time. We had about 45 minutes prior to roam the outer area and gardens of the Palace. We couldn't venture too far because the gardens are so vast, we wouldn't get back in time for our entrance time. Eliza did not enter the Palace with us, but waited for us at the exit. We had audio headsets like everyone else and toured the Palace room by room with the crowd of tourists. I have been to Russia and toured many Palaces, so this wasn't anything new, but grand all the same. If you are really looking to experience Versailles, then the half-day tour is not recommended. However, it was just right for us. Around noon we drove to Forges to have lunch in what they call a quaint country cottage. Yes, the outside is very quaint, but the inside is not. It's design to serve numerous bus loads of tourists passing through for a quick lunch. The food was incredibly disappointing. As we sat there with a chicken thigh, mashed potatoes and grey sauce, while bus loads of people filed through to have the same awful meal served in record time. I would expect this if I booked the large Tour bus, but would have been happier if we picked a local restaurant to the area and paid our own way. Eliza did not eat with us..smart girl... Now onto Giverny and Claude Monet's home and gardens...this was magical! We toured his house and art studio and roamed throughout his gardens and water garden. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. I think late August was the best time to see it when all the summer flowers are in bloom.

2  Thank Roxanne M
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Versailles, Paris City Tour and Seine River Cruise Day Trip

I booked this for my mother and I because my mother's legs are weak so I thought it might be better to visit the sights via a tour bus.

We are supposed to report at the pick-up place of Cityrama's office at 8.45am. We reached at 8am and the office was already quite crowded.

I'm not sure if this is the French way of doing things, but it was very dis-organised.

There were no signages on what to do or where to report for the tour. I had to approach a person who said nothing but directed me to a queue, then upon reaching the counter (there were a few counters), I was re-directed to the next counter which exchanged my pre-paid Viator voucher for 2 coupons. The lady did not tell me where to go next & I had to run after a guy outside the office (who was actually) busy ushering other tourists to ask what I shld do next.

By then, 30mins have lasped.

It was only then I realised that I am to join 2 separate tours - Versailles in the morn & a city tour in the afternoon. I will also have to walk to the lunch venue.

For the Versailles tour, the place was very packed given it was a Saturday. i can tell the tour guide was trying her best to explain most of the state rooms but she was in a rush. We started around 10.30am finished the guided tour in an hour. We had to leave at 12noon for the bus to bring us back to Cityrama.

The lunch in Paris city was near Cityrama's office. However, I was very disappointed because firstly, I thought that transport will be provided directly to the lunch venue from Versailles. Cityrama explsined that the walk typically takes 5-8mins by foot but because of my mother's leg condition, we took 15-20 minutes to walk to the lunch venue which was very tiring for my mother.

Secondly, I realised that the restaurant was a pub that was run by Indians. The food they served tasted kind of Asian in fact. Starter was some form of pate (which tasted very saltish) , the main was chicken thigh with a big serving of potatoes which tasted bland & rather Indian with the seasoning. The dessert was chocolate mousse which was very sweet. I think this is a way for Cityrama to save on costs by working with a pub serving mediocre food - no offense to the very polite Indian waiter who served us.

For the City tour, it started at 3pm. it is essentially an hour audio commentary on a tour bus.

After the hour-long coach ride, we were dropped off at the eiffel tower & given tickets to the Eiffel Tower & cruise in advance where the tour bus left us. You will still need to join the queue yourself to go up the Eiffel Tower & cruise. I have no complaints about the service but I realised that I could have just taken a cab myself to visit these places.

Overall, I am disappointed by the tour . I suggest that there should be more detailed information upfront about how the tours will be organized because for the price of USD180+ per person, I would not have chosen this tour. I would have taken a cab myself to the places of interest.

For the above reasons, I give this tour 1 star /terrible.

2  Thank WP K
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I found this tour on another site and was throughly impressed. I booked the Seine River Illuminating tour for two. It only cost $75 a person so I wasn't expecting much. Boy, was I wrong! Especially since there were many tours and excursions, some $100 more than what I paid. Those included dinner but mine was just right, we ate before the tour.

We checked in at the Cityrama office and went directly across the street waited and had coffee until we were scheduled to depart. At 6pm we got in line and boarded a double decker bus that took us to the location where the river boat departed. The river tour was awesome and it included narratives of locations we passed in six languages.

Next, we boarded the bus and went on a tour of the city with amazing descriptions of the city and sites. I did a study abroad while in undergrad to study the history of Paris and this tour was a great thorough yet simplified version of what I learned years ago. My boyfriend was satisfied with what he heard.

Lastly, the bus stopped at the Eiffel Tower right when she began to light up. Included we received passes to the 2nd floor and since we were a group, were able to walk right up. Awesome!! We stayed long enough to see her light up and sparkle while on the 2nd floor.

This tour was well worth the money and I'd totally do it again!!