“We had to pay additional Eur 39 to have a decent bed”
Review of 9HOTEL OPERA

9HOTEL OPERA
Ranked #322 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The room is too small, there is no closet and we were given a bery bad bed. Since we had paid for 11 nights no refundable rate, we had tompay additional EUR 39 per night to get a better bed. There is not noise during the night but a refurbishment in the neighborhood starts very early.

Room Tip: Forget to rest in thr morning since there is a refurbishment in the neighborhood
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
9HOTEL, General Manager at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Sir,

First of all thank you very much for having post your advise.
I am really sorry for all the troubles and I do apologize.
As far as I remember, after the day we met each other at the reception of the hotel we did our best in order to make your staying as confortable as possible. I invite you to call me on my mobile : 06 22 35 16 43 in order to discuss if you wish.

Awaiting for the pleasure to hear from you very soon,

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 18, 2012

On arriving at the hotel I was plesantly surprised by the look of the place, great funky lobby, however it looking nice was where it stopped.

The room was tiny, the bed was very small, I am only 5ft 7 and found it cramped. The other thing that really annoys me is when they sell a twin room, without providing seperate beds. they were touching. The room is not suitable for anything other than couples.

Poor greeting on reception with confusing about the number of nights, even though we had reconfirmed the booking.

Breakfast was good, a nice offering however the coffee was awful! Service at Breakfast was lovely and the staff were very friendly.

One of the guests was kicking off suggesting that it was like being in Africa. I wouldn't say it was that bad, but we were not able to shower as there was no hot water all morning. Perhaps a back up boiler is required.

So its a shame, in short, less attention candles and neatly placed books in the lobby, more attention on the basics, bed and hot water. Then we might (not likely) head back.

Room Tip: Another hotel....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BenAhmed
9HOTEL, Directeur général at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write your advise. Please do apologize for all the inconveniencies above all concerning hot water which was due to a technical problem !

Sorry again Sir,

Best wishes and Happy New Year.

Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2012

For people who travel often to Paris and want a simple, clean and friendly place to stay this is perfect. It is a short walk from Gare du Nord. It is good value for the money. It's been redone in the style of Ikea... in a good way. And it checks all the boxes.
The rooms are small and the hotel doesn't have frills -- the elevator is big by Paris standards -- but still bound to give Australians and North Americans claustrophobia.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Vincent L, Responsable réception at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2015

Dear Feebjr,

I apologize for later answer.

My team and I are very happy to know that you had a great time in 9HOTEL OPERA in November 2012.

Our style is not by Ikea, but thanks for the "in a good way".

I propose you to come back after 3 years for a special weekend in Paris.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I chose this hotel for the location as I wanted somewhere near to Gare du Nord but where we'd be well positioned to reach the sights we wanted to see. On that level it was brilliant as it's also near Cadet metro station. There are good cafes and bars in the immediate area and great food shops - delis, boulangerie etc which was good as I thought the hotel breakfast was steep at 15 euros a head. As for the hotel, we had standard double. Just enough room for two, clean, nice minimal design and comfortable bed. What's not to like? I felt it was trying to be something a bit more than it really was and it fell short on some services - we had lukewarm water for our showers and the WiFi didn't work in the room, I expect a bit better as the price is for three star and with these services not up to scratch it fell short of my expectations.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaneD2012
Vincent L, Responsable réception at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2015

Dear Jane,

I apologize for later answer.

I propose you to come back after 3 years for a special weekend in Paris to try new rooms and a quikly Wifi.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel is a great location if you're travelling to Paris on Eurostar. We travelled to Paris for the weekend, arriving Friday evening. WIthin 10 minutes of getting of the train we were at the hotel. 9 Hotel is a simple, modern hotel, with small compact rooms. With comfy beds, free WiFi and lots of good bars and restaurants in the area it was an ideal hotel for a weekend break.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Joanna,

I apologize for later answer.

My team and I are very happy to know that you had a great time in 9HOTEL OPERA in November 2012 and I propose you to come back after 3 years for a special weekend in Paris.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The lobby is actually large enough to relax in and includes a conference table [and well-stocked bookshelves ] for small meetings and planning. spread out your maps! Rooms are modern, stylish, small, no frills but not tacky. Reception was friendly and breakfast room with arched ceilings more attractive than most. Overall a good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EmmaWines

Dear Emma,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is recent renovated in a clean , pared down 'Scandinavian chic' style. The standard rooms are as to be expected in Paris, small, but in this case also perfectly designed . Great bathroom, comfortable bed and nice styling. I had a room facing the inner courtyard and it was really quiet so a good nights sleep The lobby is small , but with comfortable sofas and chairs and free wifi. The hotel seems to operate with minimum staff and the service was friendly , but without frills. There is no restaurant in this hotel but you can have a glass of wine in the lobby ( at the extortionatE price of €8 a glass - steep for a 3 star hotel)
Breakfast is served in the vaulted basement. The service was friendly but very haphazard. Coffee machine was broken and there was no hot food as advertised. I was Also charged extra for breakfast even though my rate was sold as included in the price.

We asked for a for a nrestUrant recommendation and were told Bistrot Papillon a few doors down, Don't bother - this is not Good restaurant . Try Hugo's next door instead.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the inner courtyard . It is very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FlixynTed
9HOTEL, Directeur général at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest, first of all my team and myself we would like to thank you so much for having left your advices concerning your last staying in 9 hotel.
We really appreciate that you like the style of the hotel and the confort of the room, we do apologize for all inconveniencies due of technical problem concerning the coffee machine which has been immediately repaired.
Concerning your final invoice and your breakfast don't hesitate to revert to us for any information you may require.

Best Regards