9HOTEL OPERA
$548
$360
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$164
$245
$198
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgare ducadet stationnice modern hotelclub roomlots of nice restaurantsgaleries lafayetterooms are smallchoose this hotelbed was very comfortableminute walkwalking distancegreat boutiquesafe areabus stopbars and restaurantsconvenient locationbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was our 3rd time staying in Paris so we were disappointed by the room compared to our other (cheaper) rooms in other hotels. Although very well decorated and modern, we were expecting a bit more luxury for our money. On arrival at the hotel, we were given a room card. On reaching the room, we met a Spanish man waiting for the lift. As we put the card in to open the door, the man remarked that that was his room and he had checked in earlier that morning. We then had to go back to reception to ask why we had been given somebody else's room. The recptionist was apologetic but I was a bit surprised that this could happen and was worrying about our room security for the rest of the weekend. After the Spanish man had left reception, the lady continued speaking Spanish to us even we had spoken English to her 2 minutes earlier! Our new room was on the 3rd floor and the road was quite noisy but room had black-out curtains so we slept fine. The hotel is close to 2 metro stops but the line doesn't have the best connections so you need to change lines much of the time when visiting the usual sights (lots of walking & stairs!) Overall an ok hotel but probably wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room onhighest floor possible to avoid the road noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
9HOTEL, Directeur général at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having posted a comment regarding my hotel. Feed back of our guests is very important because helps us to improve ourselves.
Shall I suggest you to get in touch with me ? I leave you my mobile number which is : 00 33 06 22 35 16 43.

Best regards

Silvia Carrere

Reviewed October 11, 2012

In June I booked my room for a Friday to Sunday weekend in November. On the Thursday before my arrival I received a telephone message and e-mail telling me that due to an unexplained technical problem my reservation had been cancelled. The hotel had booked me into an equivalent hotel nearby. It turned out that the technical problem was overbooking, since on the Friday I then received a message saying that they had received a cancellation and were looking forward to my arrival. Tone was polite and apologetic throughout.

So after a slightly shaky start I arrived at the hotel.

It is a ten minute walk from Gare du Nord (Eurostar) just off the main road Rue Lafayette and easy to find.

I had asked for a quiet room on a higher floor. I was given a first floor room overlooking Rue Papillion. Although it is a minor road, it is on a bus route and, if you leave the window open, there is some noise both from that road and from Rue Lafayette as well.

By central Paris standards for this price range the room was adequately sized. Bed was fine. Modern décor. Good lighting for reading in bed. There was a room safe.

The Bathroom was quite cramped. The wastebin had not been cleared after the previous occupant and the hairs on the floor were longer than any of mine. Bright white though with so-so lighting. Heated towel rail. Thick towels, though with holes. Nice toiletries.

Breakfast was in the cellar. Nicely done, but still a cellar, dim lighting. Fruit salad, cereals, joghurt, pastries, cheese, scrambled eggs.

I'll keep it on my list of possibles,certainly for a late arrival by Eurostar. But I would not necessarily go there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for your commnt and please note that I do apologize for all inconveniencies.

Is it possible for you that we have a conversation on the phone ? I leave you my mobile number which is : 00 33 06 22 35 16 43.

Awaiting for the pleasure of getting in touch with you,

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel staff were all helpful.The room was on the small side as you walked in the door you almost immediately touch the bed.Room was very clean with an immaculate white tiled shower room. Bed was extremely comfortable and clean .TV in room was ideally wall mounted although had only CNN News channel for English speaking guests.Hall was small and carpets could do with refurbishment.We had an open rail style clothing unit which was apt as it was Paris Fashion week.Overall a very pleasant experience although feel a bit pricey but thats Paris for you I think.Hotel used frequently by businessmen which shows its quality.Nice reception area.
Hotel location was excellent for wandering into the centre and has many cafe/ restuarants nearby.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
9HOTEL, Responsable relations publiques at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your advise, we take good note of all your remarks which help us to improve ourselves.

For next time try our new club rooms I am sure you will like them, for your information Club rooms are equipped with a wardrobe.

Hoping to see you very soon Sir,

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were staying there for 5 nights. We were really satisfied. The room is really clean with a minimalist style. You will also can enjoy a nice and warm environment in the Lobby area... just like a Living Room in your own house.
They provide Free WiFi (also important for most travellers)
The location is very nice. Just walking distance to BUS no.42 and METRO M7 that goes along some Interesting Places in Paris, including shopping area...

Definitely will choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
9HOTEL, Directeur général at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

All the team of 9 hotel and myself thank you very much for the nice advise.

Hoping to welcome you very soon,

Warm Regards

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel is in a safe area abounding with restaurant options, Metro and bus service very nearby. Our bed was truly king-sized with comfortable mattress and bedding. Unusually large room for Paris, well designed with storage. In-room amenities included good coffee, excellent magnifying mirror and too-tiny hairdryer. The hotel also offered a nice lounge area in the lobby with chairs, many books, a high-speed computer/printer and swift elevators. Staff was friendly, helpful and competent in English.

Our first room, #22, faced the street. The double paned windows did not muffle much of the frequent horn-blowing during rush hours. Additionally, renovations were going on in the adjacent room, with day-long hammering behind the head of the bed's wall. The front desk said they could move our room after the next night. The following morning the new person on desk had no knowledge of the plan, but was immediately helpful in giving us a new room. The new one, #62, is called the loft. It was a smaller room with the same sized bed and included a small balcony. Noise was no issue there. (#22 featured a tub/shower and #62 only a shower. After a day on foot over cobblestones, the tub was a nice feature but for me a shower's fine, too.)

Everything was very clean and furnishings had a fresh appearance. I am excited to think we have found that terrific place to stay when we go Paris! I plan to return there and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If your room faces the street, the further up you are, the better. Also be sure to ask about the current active work site in the eastern half of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
9HOTEL, Directeur général at 9HOTEL OPERA, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your nice advise.

We do apologize for all the troubles caused by the several renovations during your staying.

We really hope to welcome you again,

With my best regards