“Charming?”

Ranked #1,452 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Melbourne, Australia
“Charming?”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was the first hotel of our tour and we moved there from a 2 star hotel in the centre of Paris, so we had a good baseline for comparison. This hotel had rooms that were extremely squashed with no space for bags, a tiny bathroom, plastic sheets on the bed, and a lift that was at best temperamental. Upon check in we were told to go away by reception which did not leave us with a good impression. We therefore named it Hotel Charming.

Room Tip: not the 5th floor - the lift has issues with access
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was the hotel chosen by our tour provider and we stayed for an extra night to avoid moving hotels. The only positive was the staff were generally friendly. It is a small run down hotel in an ordinary part of town. The worst was the bathrooms were way to small. The Breakfast was 8 euro for some bread, coffee and jam but there was no real alternative near by. The rooms were small and run down and it is too far from town so travel time cuts into your time to enjoy Paris.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Paris

4 : Near to all shops you need
5 : The heater was working all the time and room was very hot and nice
6 : Good price

Bad things

1 : Internet reception was very bad inside the room , and I had too log-in my username and password all the time because the reception continually get lost .

2 : This time , He provide me Parking , but normally there is no Free Parking there. you have to find parking yourself and pay for that .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I do a lot of traveling and I would say this was one of the hotels I have ever stayed in!

I know its cheap; and a 2-3 star hotel, but I found our hotel to be unclean. The floors were unsweetened and my daughter and I did not feel comfortable lying on the sheets.

Another very disappointing factor was that reception was very unhelpful!! :( Having stayed their for 3 nights, I was constantly telling front desk that our phone, television and toilet were not working! Having said to us, they we're fixed, I had to get the the man working at front desk to come with me to my room so he can actually bel8ieve me. The toilet, phone and TV were not repaired until the final night.

Like I said, I understand that the price is very cheap and the rooms are small but cleanliness and most importantly, some respect from front desk would have been very appreciated!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
South Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Hotel Charma was the final destination for my Intrepid tour in Paris. The room was basic but clean, the breakfast was minimal but nice and there was a computer in the foyer for patrons to use. The hotel was easy walking distance to the Metro. All in all, a pretty good location for such a large city as Paris.

There was a nice little bar on the main road to the right about 300 metres or so where I enjoyed a beer before heading off the an Italian restuarant another 200 metres or so down the road which was very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights at the Charma - nearest Metro to the hotel is Porte De Vincennes which is literally 2 minutes away - although worth knowing Hotel is 10 minutes walk from Place De La Nation where you can buy RER train ticket to Eurodisney (Chessey) for E14 return.
The hotel is one of two hotels situated at the bottom of Rue des Maraichers - on a quiet road across from the ugliest office/government building in Paris - don't expect any views no matter what level or side of the building your room is on.
Be aware - if you stay here you will need to use the metro to get about - we walked into Paris via the Bastille and then criss/crossed the river - it was a full day sightseeing and we needed to get the metro back (our poor, blistered feet insisted).

Pros: Hotel reception is small, clean and welcoming - I found all the reception staff friendly and helpful. The hotel has a creaky old lift which is an adventure in itself but it adds to the charm - the room had clean sheets and towels...and breakfast although very basic was fresh (a roll/a croissant - jam - cereals or yoghurt if you ask and tea/coffee). Two supermarkets at end of road selling water, fruit juice etc till late at night - limited places to eat out - a few restaurants at the Nation, but a reasonably priced little pizzeria directly across the road. Also if you turn right out of the hotel and walk up Rue des Maraichers - Rue Davron has a number of coffee shops and pubs - plus if you want something cheap to eat - Ali Baba2 offers a range of kebab style food.
Cons: Rooms are very small and the walls are thin - no secrets if you want a romantic couple break. Not a lot of selection for restaurants nearby.
OVerall view - a reasonable hotel to use as a base to see Paris without breaking the bank.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank christine_ashdown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Hotel Comete Paris
#1,242 of 1,797 in Paris
Hotel Le Twelve
Hotel Le Twelve
#1,286 of 1,797 in Paris

Been to Hotel Charma? Share your experiences!