“perfect!”

Hotel De La Paix Montparnasse
Ranked #415 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 3, 2014

we stayed in this beautiful hotel for New year (3 nights). It was perfectly situated on the Raspail Avenue in the Montparnasse area of Paris.
Like all old buildings, the rooms are small but perfectly adequate for our needs, after all with all those lovely sights to see who wants to stay in their hotel room?!
The lift again is small, but myself, husband (who isn't a small guy) and our large case were able to fit in no problems at all. It does stop between floors, but this only means you need to go up 1 small set of stairs.
The room was lovely and the bathroom, immaculately clean! The wifi (when we used it) was easy to access
We chose not to eat breakfast in the hotel, choosing instead to join the Parisians, and eat ours on the move, so we cannot comment on the food.
All the staff that we came into contact with were extremely friendly and helpful. On our first day, we were given a tube map and shown all the best stops for what we wanted to see.
The tube is definitely the best way to get around and so easy to use.
From Charles De Galle airport, take the Blue line (B) towards Denfert Rochereau and then its a quick jump onto the pink line (4) (towards Clignancourt) Raspail stop. Upon leaving the station, take the second Sortie (exit) to your right, this will bring you up onto the hotels side of the road, the hotel is then behind you, 2 minutes walk.
If you do chose the tube, take a passport photo with you, you can then purchase a ticket/card in airports tube station for 20euros less each than the normal price. We paid 57euros each and to be honest it was our best spend! but had we known, we would have taken a passport picture for the saving (we know for next time!)
There are loads of great places to eat everywhere around Paris that cover every pocket size!
we will most definitely use Hotel De La Paix again and have no reservations in recommending it

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank KaraWS

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for three nights before our next journey to London. Was given Room no 35 and it was not that big. Initially was offer even smaller room but they managed to offer a bigger room. We have to pay additional 50£ per night. The best part is that we we told that we can stay in the bigger room which is room no. 35 for one night and shift to their junior suite for another 2 nights without incurring any additional payment for the junior suite. That's very nice of them.
Anyway this hotel design is something different from all other three star I've stayed. Don't expect any porter or room service. The lift can fit in myself, my two 28 inch luggages only. Few inches left in between. Once out from the lift, you have to carry your own luggages down or up a few steps. Don't expect too much. But overall I'm alright. Its just 2 mins away from Raspail Metro station. Halal establishments just about 13 mins walk. If not you can just take a metro, its just one station away.
Merci everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank ReENERGISE
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed at Hotel de la Paix for 4 nights during a New Year’s trip to Paris this year. The hotel is situated in Montparnasse, a beautiful area with a good selection of boulangeries, restaurants, shops and cafes and is only a few stops on the metro from the heart of Paris. We took directions from previous TripAdvisor users and found the hotel easily on Boulevard Raspail.

On our arrival we were greeted by a helpful staff member at the desk in the hotel’s cosy foyer. The staff continued to be polite and friendly during our whole stay, recommending restaurants and things to see. We had booked a standard double with a modern ensuite which was beautifully decorated and looked out onto the boulevard below. The room was small but no smaller than a typical Parisian hotel room and there was enough space for the two of us. Inside the wardrobe was a safe which we found tricky to use at first but once we got the hang of it it proved to be very useful.

Although delightful, the one small complaint we had about our room was the fact that it was New York themed which seemed a bit of a shame given that we were after a truly French trip! Authentic French décor would be much more appropriate for this room.

We didn't take the option of breakfast at the Hotel de la Paix as we wanted to explore Montparnasse’s offerings.

All in all, we had a great stay at Hotel de la Paix and would definitely come here in the future thanks to its warm welcome, great location and lovely appearance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marcainley
Reviewed December 8, 2013

It's hard to navigate through the thousands of Paris hotels. Here are some facts which are hopefully helpful.

Location: the location is good, depending upon what you are looking for.
-Left bank, south of Luxembourg Gardens.
-<2 minute walk to the "4" Metra line (only line with stop in Ile de la Cite where Notre Dame and Saint Chapelle are located).
-10 minute walk to Denfert Rochereau (RER-B station to CDG and Orly airports)
-Downtown within 10-15 minute train ride
- Good bars/restaurants (and most sites) are mostly a 10-15 minute train ride away. This a not a place where there are a ton of bars/restaurants right outside your door. This, however, makes it quieter.

Hotel:
-We had a Classic room. Clean, with enough room to be comfortable, but not a lot of extra room.
-Fairly small lobby, which is shown in the pictures.
-Staff was very nice, made dinner reservations for us and were available to receive luggage sent from airport.

Overall: For the price, this was a nice hotel with few frills and a friendly, genial staff. If you want a vibrant feel, this may not be the best place, but there is a distinct neighborhood feel with cafes and restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the classic double room. Comfortable, but not too much extra room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Paul H
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The room was comfortable, the decor in the lobby really nice, and the receptionist friendly and helpful. When I missed my first night booked, which was non-refundable due to the special rate I booked, I was offered a free breakfast, which was really nice. To a person like me, who usually doesn't really feel comfortable at hotels, this was an exception. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Amanette
Reviewed November 27, 2013

There's just something special about this hotel. The lobby is not your usual sterile environment, but a place to relax, read, enjoy a drink, or even look through the guestbooks that are filled with well wishes from past and present tenants of the hotel. Some of the more artistic folks actually draw wonderful pictures in the guestbooks and those are great to look at. The rooms are small as are most in Paris but they are very up-to-date and the bathrooms are immaculate. The breakfast ranges from the typical continental to having them make eggs any style you may wish. You can enjoy a cup of coffee, tea, a glass of beer or wine anytime in the lobby. You are their guest and I know that sounds obvious but many hotels DO NOT make it seem that way. This hotel is all about comfort and personalized service. I did my best to pack shirts without wrinkles but there was this one special cotton shirt that I wanted completely wrinkle free so I asked if the hotel had an iron & ironing board. They said yes but it was in the basement and why don't I just bring the shirt down to the lobby and leave it with them and they will iron it. It was perhaps the BEST ironing job I have ever seen (and I am the king of ironing shirts). Oh...and there was no charge. They also helped me book a train trip to Luxembourg as I was having trouble navigating the SNCF website. I must mention that whenever I ordered breakfast or a drink in the lobby I was never asked my room number. The staff must be trained to remember who is in what room as the billing that came at the end of the stay was correct. One thing more...as do many hotels, this one plays music in the lobby however the Hotel de la Paix Montparnasse does NOT play that sterile, boring, muzak type of thing...nope, they play a range of jazz from Brazilian Bossa Novas to the big bands. How can I not stay in a place that I can eat breakfast while listening to Woody Herman's Herd performing Four Brothers?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gary91214
Reviewed November 22, 2013

As other Paris Hotel, this is a small one. The reception and bathrooms are renovated. Rooms are small as expected. Breakfast ok. Free Wifi. The location is central to Montparnasse, with 10 min walk from the RER B station. But 1 min from Metro. Staff are welcoming and nice. Actually mis-planned my booking, so they gave me a discount on my other one.

Room Tip: Quieter if away from the street, but no View..
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo