“Great location, style and service”

Hotel De La Paix Montparnasse
Ranked #357 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and were very comfortable. Gracious and helpful service, quite spacious room - we had a room for three with two bathrooms - and super breakfast served again with grace and a smile. Very convenient for the hop on hop off bus which was perfect for us as two don't walk we'll. Also, not far to walk at all for nice bars and restaurants. It will be a top choice me me when I next visit Paris.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank SydneyKoukla
There are newer reviews for Hotel De La Paix Montparnasse

Reviewed September 18, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Elsye S
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were only in Paris for one day and one night and needed to leave out of the Montparnasse train station, so I booked us into the Hotel de la Paix. It was very conveniently located for public transportation. The room was quite good for the price we paid, and the staff was very polite and helpful. My husband said the buffet breakfast was a very good buy for 9 euros--lots of choices. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MLFE
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had the most wonderful three days in this lovely hotel. Everything about it was perfect from the location to the friendly staff and gorgeous rooms. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and thoroughly recommend it to everyone who visits Paris. Incidentally, if you are looking for a straightforward no fuss place to eat you could do worse than a wee Italian called La Mamma which is just down from the hotel. Turn right and follow the road down past the red canopy of La Rotonde and it's first street on the left. looks like nothing outside but food is delicious and very reasonably priced, especially by Montparnasse standards.In any case we loved this hotel and would defo stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ellevesse
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have stayed here for the past two summers and we liked it so much that we can't really think about staying anywhere else. The hotel itself is elegant, I would even say chic as far as the rooms go. The rooms are small, but this is Paris and space is at a premium. But it's not at all uncomfortable. Bathrooms are big enough, nothing feels cramped. This year breakfast is now a buffet, but it's the same price and you can't beat the deal. The staff is great. Friendly, welcoming, ready to help, but also ready to leave you on your own if that's what you want.
I love the neighborhood, it's a more laid-back section of Montparnasse. But it's convenient to transportation, and you can find plenty of action down the way. Restaurants in the neighborhood are great, there's a laundromat around the corner, a small grocery store around the corner. There's bakery right next to the hotel, but since we go in August it's been closed. I can't think of anything I wasn't happy with. I slept like a log, the bed was great. Got air-conditioning, but both years the weather has been so gorgeous we didn't need it. We slept with the window open and there wasn't any noise to keep us awake.
Can't wait to go back.I want to try it out in the fall or even around Christmas.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JeepJumps
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here with our 9-month baby. The hotel staff was very friendly and gave us a lot of useful information about Paris. Although there is no refrigerator in the room, they let us store our baby food in their refrigerator in the kitchen. The room is very modern and clean. The size is somewhat small but they provide a competitive price. Location is good. very close to subway. I would definitely consider to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank yating
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my spouse for the last week of August.
This really is a lovely hotel run by a kind, gentle, and helpful staff.
The decor is adorable, it's easy to get to the sights from here by metro or bus, and the neighborhood itself has loads of excellent restaurants and cafes nearby.
The bed was verrrrrry comfortable. Even more so than our bed at home, and it was easy to regulate the temperature of the room. Since I like it colder than my wife, she wanted the extra blanket. Our first extra blanket was a little scratchy, so it was swapped out promptly and cheerfully by the nice lady who cleaned our room every day for one that was soft.
Our room was spotlessly clean and had a great window that opened easily with a view of the street in front.
The only small caveat I had was that the room was quite small. It was not easy to navigate around the bed and there wasn't much room for our stuff. That being said, space for us was not a priority, and we did reserve one of the smaller rooms. I seem to recall from the website that they have larger rooms available as well.
The bill at the end was exactly what I expected to pay. There were no hidden charges tacked on.
Breakfast was good and plentiful. Most cafes in the area will charge between 7 - 10 euros for a "Petit Dejeuner Formule" - a prix-fix breakfast consisting of a croissant, a piece of buttered, toasted baguette, jam and a hot beverage, sometimes with a glass of orange juice, sometimes not. With HdlP's breakfast, 9 euros gets you all the above plus yogurt, ham, cheese, a selection of cereals, and probably one or two other things I didn't see. It's also buffet-style, so you can eat as much as you like.
I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice, adorable, authentically Parisan place to stay in a great location at a good price.

2  Thank SamiAm725