- Receptionist was friendly and room had a balcony (I stayed in room 416, a triple room).
- The room was decently sized taking into consideration the fact that this is central Paris!
- The location is very very very excellent (significantly better than just "excellent"), considerably near metro stations Pyramides (line 7 and 14) and Quattre-Septembre (line 3), which means there are direct lines to most attractions. And of course, the Louvre, is but a short walk away. (HINT: The Louvre is really pretty at night - and since this hotel is located so near by, what's stopping you from leaving the hotel for a night walk at the Louvre?)
- Key is incredibly cumbersome with a heavy metallic weight attached!!? Ridiculous yet cute.
- Receptionist had difficults comprehending English/Spanish, but managed to understand me after some attempt.
- TV did not work. Yep, they provided a manual, but still refused to work after following the instructions word-by-word.
- Wi-Fi signal was weak in our room (Room 4-16). Making it worse was the fact that the wifi connection required a log-in ID, and whenever it disconnected, I had to re-login again. Each log-in ID was only usable for ONE device, so be sure to get more than one at the counter.
- Lift is not available at reception on ground level, and you MUST grace the steps up to L1 to take the lift from there. Lift was extremely old-type and the doors must be shut manually - all doors on all floors must be shut before the lift goes anywhere. However on L1 the door tends to get stuck on the carpeting when open! So don't be surprised when the lift doesnt seem to respond while you are frantically pressing the button on L4. You have to walk down to L1 to shut the door if the previous user did not bother.
- Your troubles multiply if you have lots of luggage as the lift carriage is rather small. You can have a maximum of 3 people inside, or even less with your luggage.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Opera Maintenon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.