“Great Location and Food”

Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre
Ranked #336 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in July and enjoyed the hotel, location, food and of course Paris in summer. ‎The location is great for anyone who wants to walk to Paris’s tourist highlights. Its an expensive ‎area of Paris so you have to expect to pay for this convenience. The room was very comfortable. ‎Not large, you are in Paris but enough space to relax in. We had a room at the back of the hotel ‎looking over a lane towards a church. I would recommend these as you don’t get the constant ‎street noise. Great bathroom. All the rooms are varied so I cannot say what the others are like. ‎Service is good. We arrived at midday and the room was not ready so we had lunch in the ‎restaurant downstairs. Not too cheap but great Italian style food. We had another meal there later ‎in our stay. Great hotel for a short getaway.‎

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lumen P, Responsable commercial at Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your impressions with us and fellow travelers.
I couldn't agree with you more, that the hotel is located in one of the most amazing areas of Paris. It has a genuine neighborhood feel to it and the streets are filled with restaurants, cafés, boutiques and just a short walk from the major historical monuments...
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards
Director of Sales

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Hotel Lumen in early July. Travelling with a family of four (2 daughters 11 & 13), Hotel Lumen was a great place to stay, although the rooms were tight, we had no trouble feeling comfortable in the updated room. Very safe and the staff were excellent. Pullout for the two children made the room feel even more compact, but to be expected when staying at a boutique type hotel in the center of Paris. Easy walking to most major attractions, and a short block or two to the Hop on Hop off bus. Metro station (Pyramid) two blocks away. Enjoyed Hotel Lumen and would recommend. We opted put of the breakfast as we like to take in the cuisine on the go, but did eat at "Oscars" one evening and was excellent.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Lumen P, Responsable commercial at Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers.
We are very pleased to read that your stay with us was such a success and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hotel Lumen paris Louvre in the future.

Director of sales

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have just spent four nights at The Lumen. The room had all we needed for a comfortable stay. The weather was very hot but we slept well with windows shut and air con on. Reception were happy to book restaurants and taxis for us. Breakfast was good and the staff pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us and fellow future travellers. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed yur stay with us. Hopefully we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Paris in the future.

Adeline Surault

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Having driven into paris on the day of the finish of the tour de france it was perfect to find secure parking directly opposite hotel lumens. Reception was very welcoming and the attractive young lady spoke perfect English. Temp on the day was 34 deg so wonderful to enter the oasis of a room with the aircon on full blast. Lovely Views of Saint-roch church and a very nice bottle of complimentary bordeaux... All this from a budget priced hotel! Will definitely be booking again. Buffet Breakfast was also very good, excellent service from professional attentive staff.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Sir, Madam,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow travellers. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you particularily enjoyed our quality of service. I will make sure to share this with my colleagues.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Paris and Hotel Lumen paris Louvre in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at the Hotel Lumen for 3 nights in July. The hotel is located a very short walk to The Lourve and Tuileries gardens.
All the staff I encountered were polite and very helpful. Breakfast was excellent, very much enjoyed the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.
The rooms are smallish but perfectly adequate and it was nice to have the chocolates on my bed each evening. There is a dressing gown and an umbrella in the wardrobe for your use and Hermes toiletries in the bathroom.
I plan to stay at this hotel again on my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for your kind comments, they are much appreciated.
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre in the future.
Adeline Surault
Director of sales

Reviewed July 20, 2013

What a lovely treasure to find! I was traveling alone and unsure of where to stay to feel safe and sound with a few basic comforts ( never held much stock in Paris hotels for comfort). This fabulous hotel had all that and more. I felt safe coming back on my own anytime of night, was in walking distance to the Louvre among so many other sites and shopping, pharmacy right on the corner wonderful restaurants close by great area. But the hotel room itself extended my holiday with a feeling of truly living in Paris. It felt like coming home every evening although I do not have an Incrediable sunken spa tub a few feet from my bed and sensational views from every window. The staff was so friendly and helpful especially Omy at the front desk who put up with all my stupid American questions with grace and charm. I stayed in the unique Zen suite with a comfy bed that was hard to get out of in the morning, but with the beautiful Paris light streaming in the slanted windows who minds a few extra minutes lounging. I'll be back and if you are looking for the true charm of Paris look no further.

Room Tip: Select a unique suite for an extra special touch.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear LisaMarie,
Thank you for your review.

I am very happy to hear that you were very pleased with your stay with us and would like to thank you for recommending Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre to fellow travelers.
In your review, you mention that the area is "safe" and it is a very good point that I would like to underline, that the 1st district of Paris is a very safe area with a great and vibrant atmosphere.
We are looking forward to welcome you agin soon at the Hotel lumen paris Louvre.
Thank you once again and best regards,

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went to Paris in June and booked this hotwire via hotwire so got it on the cheap. I do believe if you can get it for under 150 euro a night it's worth it. The bed is comfortable, roomes are clean, concierage is helpful. However, one thing did stand out is its location. 5 minute walk to the Louvre and 2 minutes to the metro is wonderful, plenty of brassaries nearby as well for good, reasonably priced French food (don't eat at the restaurant, there are better food around). The downside I think it's it's not really a 4 star hotel, besides a comfortable room it has zero amenities. The rooms are also very tiny (I don't mind since I'm traveling alone but for a couple it can be a squeeze). So all in all, I think for what I paid (130 euro) it's a good deal but would I pay 200 euro for it? Probably not.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo