“Modern Digs in a Historic Setting”
Review of Hotel Lumen

Hotel Lumen
Ranked #352 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Boulder, Colorado
“Modern Digs in a Historic Setting”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was my 2nd stay at this hotel. The location is fabulous, the staff are extremely helpful, and the contemporary decor is inspired. My only concern was one day I came back and the maid had left the balcony doors open which is a security concern. The bathroom door slams shut automatically and there is no bathroom fan or ventilation, which is my only real complaint about the room. If you want to take a shower and then do your makeup, the mirror is fogged up and you have to stuff a towel to prop open the bathroom door to air it out. The maid's solution was to leave the balcony door open. However the rest of the experience there was such that I would recommend this hotel, and I will stay here again. 2 blocks from the Louvre and Tuileries, about 6 blocks to the opera house, walking distance to D'Orsay, metro stop close by. The restaurant Oscar has a lovely and convenient breakfast. The restaurant patio that looks out to the church behind would be great in warm weather.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LuanaRubin
Lumen P, Responsable commercial at Hotel Lumen, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Luana,
Thank you for your feedback.
I am pleased to see that you had a lovely stay overall, however, there is an issue that you mention that need to be adressed. Allow me to comment on your observation:
Housekeeping - The fact that your window was left opened is unacceptable and there is no excuse for that. Please accept our apologies for that inconvenience. I will bring this matter up with the persons concerned. Also we will work on improving the bathroom in adding a ventilation system.
Be sure that we will do our best to find a solution.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre in the future.
Best regards,
Adeline Surault
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Lumen over the holidays for a week and had a very pleasant experience. Every day my room was cleaned with fresh towels and toiletries. Room was made up and clean and hotel staff were very friendly. The front desk staff were helpful. I liked the view from my hotel room as it felt very Parisian. The only complaint was the old elevator that had doors that got stuck for a minute on my way up. Other than that, I would definitely stay at this hotel again as it was minutes away from the Metro, the Louvre, and walkable to everything.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your kind comments with us.
I am very sorry about what happened with our elevator.
In fact it is a new one, we have it since we opened the Hotel in September 207 so about 5 years ago.
We are very much looking forward to welcome you again at the Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre.
All my best.
Director of sales
Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed December 19, 2012

beside the room that was very small, everything was amazing, the welcoming, breakfast, the shower all was great and the location is one of the best. the wifi quality at the room is very poor as well only when you go downstairs you can have a wifi signal.

1 Thank Thai0710
Lumen P, Responsable commercial at Hotel Lumen, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Regarding our WIFI quality, I am very sorry about that. It seems that we had some issues during your stay with the connexion in the rooms. Everything is fixed now.
Please accept my sincere apologize for it.
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at the Lumen soon.
Sincerely.
Sales manager
Dunfermline
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have just had a 3 day break at this hotel in Paris. The location is superb with all the attractions such as the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triomphe and the Champs-Elysees within walking distance. The hotel sent us directions from the airport which were easy to follow and a quick way of reaching it. The hotel is spotlessly clean with a modern décor. It has a great Italian restaurant, Oscars which is has a nice ambience and a good menu. However the menu is a little limited for anyone on a gluten free diet. Breakfast in the morning is also excellent. The staff in the hotel and the Restaurant was both helpful and friendly. A nice touch on our departure was a complimentary bottle of water each for our onward journey. A great break.

2 Thank Phil W
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for shaing your experience at the Lumen.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Regarding our restaurant and the menu for people on a gluten free diet, I agree with you that it is a little bit limited but what I can suggest for next time is to let us know before your arrival so our chef Dominique could propose something different.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.
My best regards.
Sales Manager.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The location of this hotel is pretty hard to beat, literally a stone's throw from the Louvre with Rue St Honoré basically on the door step and a metro station on the corner - we found this to be the perfect place to use for our exploration of Paris.

The decor of the hotel is very smart, a real boutique feel. We had to take a larger room than we originally wanted as the smaller rooms were fully booked. That said, whilst the room was a very decent size it wasn't enormous - but was perfect for our purpose. The bathroom was nicely appointed and a good size too and we were fortunate to have a room on the corner, so had great views out of our full height windows.

The breakfast was plentiful and generally pretty decent, we certainly didn't feel the need to supplement what we had in any of the nearby cafes. However, for the price and bearing in mind it has a restaurant on the premises, it could perhaps have been more sophisticated - but I am perhaps being overly critical as the food provided was certainly very good and set us up very well for a full day of exploring.

The service was very good at all times, very courteous and professional. My only gripe - and this is the case with all Parisian hotels - is the price. It is a very expensive city to stay in

No complaints at all about this hotel, would happily recommend it to others and would happily stay again.

Room Tip: 508 was a great room, lovely sized bedroom, bathroom a good size and lovely views through three larg...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing this review about Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Please feel free to check our website, we have a lot of good promotions: early booking offers or last minute stays.
Sincerely.
Sales manager
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Just returned from a three night stay at Hotel Lumen. We had an absolutely fantastic stay with them. We were very kindly upgraded so had a beautiful room with a balcony and views of the Louvre, which was beautiful.

The location is perfectly placed for both the Rue St Honore and the Louvre, with most main attractions within walking distance if you like to travel on foot.

Breakfast was a lovely little buffet, my only suggestion would be to add more fresh fruit as I found it, as well as most food in Paris, quite carb heavy.

Our only negative would be to do with booking cabs via the hotel. We booked to be taken back to Gare du Nord, which would be about 12 euros in a street taxi. However, the hotel did not tell us that a surcharge of 9 euros is added to the journey just for booking through them. I found this a little naughty as we had to stop and get more cash and a street taxi would have been cheaper and easier.

Overall though, beautiful hotel, beautiful rooms and a beautiful location. A must if staying in Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, views are beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lumen P, Responsable commercial at Hotel Lumen, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your kind comments and for taking the time to share your impressions with us.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us .
We took good notes of your comments regarding our Buffet breakfast, and we will work on it to improve it.
Regarding the taxi, I am so sorry that the front desk did not tell you about the surcharge when you call a taxi in Paris.
I hope to welcome you back in the future .
Sales Manager
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was amazing, it was central to all the major tourist attractions, it's decor was modern and it added a little bit of glamour to our perfect weekend away!!! The concierge was fantastic and helped us to plan to make the most of our time in Paris!!! The only downside for me was that there was no tea/coffee facilities in the room, so we had to find some beautiful cafes, so it wasn't that much of a problem.
All in all a perfect place to stay when visiting Paris!!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre and for posting your comments.
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Regarding the coffee facilities in the room, unfortunately this is not available at the Lumen. In fact as our restaurant O'scar is open every days and have a wonderful terrasse with a view on the Saint Roch Church, we thought that it was a good alternative for our guests.
Hopefully we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back in Paris in the future.

Best regards.