“Underwhelming experience ”

Jeremie
Ranked #532 of 19,125 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: 16th Arr. - Passy
Description: JEREMIE, contemporary restaurant is a nice place at a nice location. Soberly decorated,all has been studied to make you pass a nice & smooth tasting moment. Service is efficient without being overwhelming. The Chef will try his level best to make you discover some dishes, real testimonies of French Bistronomic Cuisine. Mediterranean fish soup, as bouillabaisse style & Vanilla mille feuilles, butter scotch sauce are Chef's signature dishes. These two dishes are just a part of a nice & very attractive menu. CU soon there
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

Jeremie was a bit of a disappointment, first of was lacking atmosphere and felt quite empty. The mise en bouche were OK but main dish wasn't good at all, I had the Colin on a crust of quinoa or something, it was difficult to eat. The desserts were very good we had a Mille feuilles. The price was steep for such an experience we paid €200 for 3 with a bottle of wine. I think we can have a better time with such a budget elsewhere.

Date of visit: June 2016
Jeremie T, Propriétaire at Jeremie, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2016

I feel sorry your experience was not conform to your expectations.

1° Concerning dishes, if I read you well :

- Amuse bouche were okay.
- Rather than under grading the main course you had, as if quality level did not meet standards of Excellence, better to mention the way I performed it did not suit you. By the way it was not "Colin", but Cod !
- You judged Desserts as "very good".

At the end of the day:
- Good appetizers.
- One main course (out of three) that is not the one you expected in terms of taste & texture.
- Desserts "very good".

So, why such a severe appreciation ?

2° As far as Bill is concerned :

- 65€ per patron including one bottle of wine, mineral water, infusion is not that expensive in Paris.
- Most of appreciations agree to note a good overall quality level, a high grade of service, the excellence of products we serve, & recognize restaurant as good value for money.

Unanimity does not exist ! What else can I say ?
Best,
Jeremie.

Write a reviewReviews (426)

Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

My husband arranged this as a surprise for my birthday and it was a wonderful treat!

We had the home made foie gras with apricot preserve as a starter. It was just a pure delight together with the warm toast that was provided. What an indulgence!

For the mains I had the sweetbread and my husband had the cod fish. The sweetbread (veal neck) was creamy and just melts in your mouth. The cod was a bit dry and the quinoa bed it was on was slightly too citrusy for my husband.

For dessert I had a little surprise from the chef and it was a Chantilly cream sandwiched between lovely filo pastry. Loved every bite and finished everything though I was crazy stuff!

Overall, a wonderful meal. Slightly pricey but it was overall great quality and good sizes.

Date of visit: July 2016
3  Thank Sue_Yin
Jeremie T, Propriétaire at Jeremie, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2016

Madam,

Good to read your enthusiastic comment. I feel satisfied both of you enjoyed your dinning experience & did appreciate each course we served.
Your positive contribution encourages the whole team to carry on the way I decided 2.5 years ago. In that time it was Restaurant Grand Opening.
In case you're back to Paris it will be my pleasure to make you discover the new seasonal menu & Daily Special as well.

Best

Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

We visited there without making a reservation. It was weekday dinner and the dish was decent enough.

A little bit sad that the steak was a little salty for me but my two companies love it, so think that it is only my problem.

Everyone was so nice. If i have a chance, I would definitely visit once again!

Date of visit: July 2016
3  Thank Destination653259
Jeremie T, Propriétaire at Jeremie, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2016

Thank you for your appreciation. Nice indeed to read you overall enjoyed your dinning experience.
Hope you greet you again soon;

Sincerely

Reviewed June 21, 2016

The restaurant is between the Arc & the Trocadero and well worth finding! We were in touch with the Chef, yes he answers his own emails, prior to our arrival and we were very excited by what promised to be a fitting end to our Parisian holiday. We were not disappointed from our greeting at the door, to our excellent dinner, to our after dinner drink everything was impeccable! Each course was like a jewel on the plate and on the palate too. At the end we asked to meet Chef Jeremie and much to our surprise he was hosting a private function that evening and wasn't in the house. This said a lot to us that service & food were outstanding even if the Chef wasn't in attendance. We had several "dining" experiences this trip at notably higher prices and Jeremie's was by far the best food & service at a very reasonable price. Make time to relax and enjoy this lovely restaurant!

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Lamaree
Jeremie T, Propriétaire at Jeremie, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2016

Madam,
Good to read your positive post, I really appreciate it. We all strive to bring the best overall experience we can. I'm glad you judged it in accordance to this.
Even though due to private function I could not attend the service, I prepared all that warranted to be so, to make sure all was complied to my requirements.
In addition I would say whatever talented The Chef may be, Cuisine & Room management is teamwork. Mine is focusing on the most crucial points to make your coming at the restaurant the best possible. your enthusiastic appreciation just testifies it .
Hope to meet you next time when you're back to Paris. An on purpose opportunity to make you discover new menu's suggestions.
Sincerely.
Chef Jeremie.

Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

I wish there were more restaurants like this one. Great service, nice ambience and delicious food. More often than not, one of these elements is missing- but Jeremie seems to have got it just right. Good Paris restaurants can feel very stuffy - this was just the opposite.

The service is impeccable - the waiting staff are helpful, friendly and eager to make your night special. The menu is very tempting and the only problem you will have when visiting is with delicious dishes to choose. The atmosphere was buzzy after 8.30 pm- but the good service didn't faulter.

Definitely worth a visit - we would happily go back.

Date of visit: June 2016
Jeremie T, Propriétaire at Jeremie, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2016

Sir,
Thank you for this outstanding message. I & all the team strive to make a dinner at Jeremie's the best possible.
I'm glad you enjoyed served courses since creating patrons satisfaction is the only thing that matters much to me.
I'll be honored & proud to welcome at any time of your convenience, opportunity to make you discover new seasonal menu
My best regards