Review Highlights

from $69.97
from $292.50
from $97.50
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2016

Our concierge recommended Olivier Berte for a cooking class during our stay in Paris, and we are very glad they pointed us here! We requested a class on making macarons, and Chef Berte set up a class where we would make lemon macarons and raspberry financiers.

The place was an easy walk from our hotel, and when we got there, Chef Berte and his assistant welcomed us into the kitchen. We began with the macarons right away. Chef Berte involved each of us in the process (my wife, my two teenage sons and me), and taught us the technique in an entertaining manner.

We agreed that this class was one of the best parts of our time in Paris.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed March 27, 2016

I loved Olivier Berte's class. My sister and I spent a lot of time with him and his lovely intern, Samanta (Boston College). First began the morning by going to a local market and picking out the vegetables. Then back to his lovely cooking studio where we were joined by others. We made rabbit/pork croquettes - a veal stew/soup and mousse.

Although he could not speak english and his intern had trouble translating it was delightful. His kitchen is lovely. I learned a lot about utensils/cookware/olive oil, etc.

One of the highlights of our trip!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed October 25, 2014

Took a class of molecular cuisine in September 2014 and I ended tasting the best bouillabaisse I ever had the pleasure of eating... The best part is that the class makes you aware of all the steps required as you are pretty much involved in all the steps.
I think chef Olivier Berte has the capability to adapt to each of his potentially heteroclite group pretty well as he has done so with ours: people with very different skill sets - mine being at the very bottom...

He's not in the least intimidating, but also directs and 'shows' well. The end result, even when having involved such neophytes as myself, is certainly impressive and tasty. Copious amount of wine is provided as well so... for a similar price as a high-end meal in Paris, you get the "how-to lesson" and an apron for free ;-)

All in all, lovely and fun experience, and one that I wouldn't be able to repeat at home unless I get all the specialized ingredients for molecular cuisine. Definitely worth a stop.

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed October 25, 2014

I stayed in Paris for a few months and took cooking classes at various schools.
Olivier Berte is by far the most entertaining and cheerful cooking experience, and his dishes are so unique and delicious! Not only is the class fun, the chef also teaches important basics that I now use on daily basis, like how to chose fish or keep the vegetables fresh longer, how to use knives properly.
The central location, clean kitchen and great chef makes it a truly wonderful experience and a must do in
Paris!

Date of experience: September 2014
2  Thank Xenia C
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Don't let a lack of French hold you back if you want to learn a few tricks. I took both a macaroon class and a full meal class and I don't speak French. Chef Olivier is a lot of fun. We started on time, which surprised me, but he's an exacting businessman.he watched and corrected knife skills, kept the cooking areas clean, made sure we interacted with other students ( it was a French couple) and made sure I understood each step. We had a lovely meal of fish with an olive tapenade, starter of roasted red pepper with goat chees mouse and a great passion fruit mousse for dessert. For the macaroon class we made raspberry with the most flavorful filing. It was great!

Date of experience: July 2014