“Perfect”

Mercure Paris Terminus Nord
Ranked #1,172 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My partner and I stayed here to celebrate our engagement. The hotel was amazing. The staff were very friendly and the location was perfect. We were right opposite Gard du Nord and just next to the bus stops. I'd recommend purchasing a "hop on hop off" bus ticket before your arrival as you are able to see all the sights and get free transport all day! The breakfast at the hotel was lovely and if you request a room with a street view then the views are amazing. I would definitely come back here and woukd recommend it to anyone :)

• Stayed: February 2014
Jean-Louis D, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear guest,

First of all the team joins me to congratulate you and your fiancée for your recent engagement!

Also thank you very much for choosing our hotel to celebrate this occasion.
The fact that you mention that the hotel was “amazing” means a lot to us!
We love to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff and the view from your room !

We thank you for your compliments that have been shared with the entire team and also thank you for your recommendations.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Jean-Louis Descoins,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,398)

Reviewed March 3, 2014

came in by train from London and straight into the hotel. just across the street from the station. very good access to the metro , just outside the hotel. lots of food options open till late at night. felt safe walking around after sunset. room was nice and clean. comfortable bed. toilet is pretty small. but not tiny. there is a lift going to the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank satish_quintal
Jean-Louis D, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Satish,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on your stay with us.

We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed our “just across the street” location and your comfy bed.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I came here with my girlfriend (at the time) for 3 nights from England, the hotel itself is situated wonderfully just outside of the Gare De Nord train station with less than a minute from the foyer you are literally at the metro. Hotel room was fantastic, everyone complaining about "cracks" needs to wise up, it's a crack, it's hardly going to put you off your daily routine unless you are quite literally just looking for flaws.
Staff were always pleasant, me and my then girlfriend were always treated with respect and the manners were lovely, a breath of fresh air as we are both limited in our French so communication was easy :)

Breakfast was lovely, it's basically all you can eat and the choice is great, continental or the choice of a full English, various coffees/teas as well as loads and loads of fruit.
I'm happy to tell you that my then girlfriend is now my current Fiancee as i proposed and luckily she accepted haha (god help her!)

All in all a wonderful hotel and we had a fantastic time, we will be booking again for a few days in the summer! Thank you som much for your hospitality, We couldn't have wished for a better setting to a fantastic trip!

Craig & Rebecca.

Room Tip: Room 255 was lovely, views are limited but what are you doing staring out a window when you should b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Craig & Rebecca,

First of all the team joins me to congratulate you and your fiancée for this great news!

Also thank you very much for sharing your hotel experience you had with us here on TripAdvisor.
The fact that you mention that you had a fantastic time in our “wonderful hotel” means a lot to us!
We love to read that you enjoyed our continental breakfast buffet !

We thank you for your compliments that have been shared with the entire team and look forward to welcome you again a few days during the summer.

Jean-Louis Descoins,

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

The room was really small..but it was cozy. I really loved the view from our room.. down onto the street facing the terminal. I thought it was very pretty. That was my first time in Paris, and it was very nice.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Hotel Mercure Paris Terminus Nord for your first trip in Paris.

We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your cozy room and the view facing the station building.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

You can’t get much more convenient than the Mercure Paris terminus Nord. It is located directly opposite the exit of the railway station. You can arrive at the station, dump your bags in the hotel, and be away in next to no time. The Metro is directly accessible.
The service was adequate - it is a large hotel and they were very busy. My room was very reasonable. There were all of the usual amenities, TV, internet, safe etc. The bathroom was modern. The bed was comfortable. There is no shortage of restaurants nearby but, being so near to the Gare du Nord, there are lots of tourists around. The cost was also reasonable at €114, but I avoided breakfast, the cost of which I thought rather expensive.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Jean-Louis D, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for sharing your hotel experience you had with Mercure Paris Terminus Nord with others here on TripAdvisor. The fact that you mention that cannot get much more convenience than staying in our hotel means a lot to us!

We were very pleased also to read that you enjoyed the large choice of restaurants nearby.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Came over from London by Eurostar, within minutes off the train and I was checking into the Hotel, what an easy way to travel. Checking in was easy and very friendly people, the room was clean and comfortable for my 2 night stay. Breakfast was very nice and again friendly staff to help you as my French is nil.
Travel to Le Bourget on the RER Line B, is very convenient and takes no more than 20 minutes including the waiting for the train.
First time I have done this but won't be the last, I will be back in September.
Good selection of places to eat and Drink after a days work, so highly recommended, and if coming sightseeing a good starting point.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PMMScunthorpe
Jean-Louis D, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear guest,

The fact that you mention that our staff gave you a friendly service all along your stay means a lot to us!
We love to read that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable room, our buffet breakfast and our proximity to all transportations!

We thank you for your compliments that have been shared with the entire team and we look forward to welcome you again in September!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Booked 2 rooms at £90 each a night.

Very small rooms with no chairs to sit on--windows overlooked an interior walled area. Carpets in both rooms were badly stained. Bathrooms were a good size but showers were hard to operate and bath towels were very small.
The only good thing was the location close to the Gare Du Nord.

An old hotel badly in need of refurbishment. I would not recommend this hotel, and will not stay in a Mercure Hotel again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank urqy
Jean-Louis D, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity. I certainly empathise regarding the points you mention in your review. Therefore I would be pleased to discuss further with you offline. I can be reached at jean-louis.descoins@book-inn-france.com.

We will be in contact to discuss further with you. Again, please accept my apology, and I hope that we will find back your trust and will have the chance to welcome you another time.