“Comfortable and secure”

Mercure Paris Terminus Nord
Ranked #1,124 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very convenient if you arrive by Eurostar - in my case after 11pm. The hotel is quite old, and the corridors are like a maze, but I was comfortable and felt very secure.
The carpet in my room had some paint marks, though the room was clean and warm. I would add that the room was quite small. A couple might've found it too small.
Breakfast was included in the price, and typical of a Paris hotel. The breakfast room looks out over gare du nord, which was fine.
I will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a view, maybe you'll need to arrive earlier than I did. I could only see air conditi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 28, 2013

picked this hotel as we only had one night in paris travelling by eurostar. literally opposite the station, small but nice room with balcony. dropped our bags and walked into centre of paris.
Breakfast was lovely (croissants, bacon, eggs, breads, cheese, ham, pancakes, cereal etc lots to choose from)

we had full buffet but you can just choose continental which is in seperate dining area

If we were staying longer we would probably choose somewhere else but this is perfect for an overnight. We came in late and were off again early to make the most of our time. hotel kept our bags and then we just crossed over the road straight into gare du nord. did see a review which complained of noise but we didn't notice anything that kept us awake

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2013

located opposite Gare du Nord, the hotel is convenient for short trips. the room is large and comfortable. however the mini-bar was very small, there was a step at the door (which may be a trip-hazard). we did not have the breakfast there as we stayed only two nights and we were surrounded by cafes and restaurants. the benefit of the location is you can leave your luggage (for a small tip) and go around in Paris for the rest of the time before heading back to the station.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have just returned from a short break in Paris and stayed here at Merure Terminus Nord Hotel. The Hotel is in a fantastic location being just opposite the Gare Du Nord station and is perfect if like us you're arriving on the Eurostar. The hotel itself is an old hotel but this adds to its charm as it is excactly how I imagined a traditional old Parisian hotel would be. My wife and I found the hotel to be lovely and clean and our room was spotless. We had a room at the front of the hotel that overlooked the street which can be noisy until late at night but was not a problem for me but if anyone was a light sleeper the rear of the hotel might suit them better. Our room had a balcony which was nice for doing some "people watching" of a typical Paris street and had a nice view. The staff we met at the hotel were very nice,polite and helpful with excellent english. There is a small bar on the first floor called "The Golden Arrow" which is a nice place to stop in at the end of the day for a quiet drink (and a chat with Jonas the bartender). The buffet breakfast is very nice with a good choice of fruit, pastries and cereals and makes a great start to the day. Overall we had a lovely weekend and I'd say that this hotel was well worth booking.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights. I liked this hotel at first sight. Everything is ok. If i will be here again I will come back in this place. The bed is very comfortable and the breakfast is served in a luxury hall. The rooms are quite large size. The restaurant of the hotel is a bit expensive but of high quality.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel three times and last two times the room has been very large and recently upgraded (floors five and six) for this price of hotel in Paris though bathroom slightly utilitarian. Service is good, free wifi too as with all Mercure/Novotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I needed a last minute hotel in Paris that was a reasonable rate in a good location. For me, traveling alone and not comfortable yet in Paris, being near the train station where the Eurostar left from was a priority. So I decided to try this hotel in spite of the mixed reviews.

What a pleasant find this was! I will be returning. Getting the negatives out of the way, the carpet was in terrible shape-stained and looking dirty, and the bathroom had rusty looking parts that seems that painting could have helped, but everything worked fine! I didn't focus on these two things, I was so appreciative of the kindness and the competency of the staff!

I had read that the air conditioning wasn't good so I immediately asked for a fan, I have to be cold to be comfortable. I got the fan, but didn't need it, my air conditioning worked fine. I overlooked the dated-ness of the room, I was right across a street from the Nord terminus and a metro stop and several bus stops were within a block. A perfect location for a solo traveler who wasn't so comfortable alone in Paris.

From the greeting I got when I walked in from Moulard, the gentleman who helped with my luggage, to the reception desk staff, I was totally impressed. Nooreen was absolutely wonderful for the entire 2 days I was there. She was continually looking up things for me and managed to get me a ticket to Moulin Rouge too. She was patient and kind and always smiled, much appreciated when I travel alone. Moulard was a wealth of information and I'm quite sure I wouldn't have seen nearly as much without his explicit directions, he did go above and beyond helping me find my way. I was so impressed I asked to speak with the manager who wasn't in at the time.

The hotel was packed and I never would have realized this because it was nice and quiet. But at breakfast it was packed! There was plenty of food and I watched them continually bringing out more. There were many food selections of different types and I felt it was quite sufficient.

I read my departing ticket wrong and almost missed the Eurostar so I had to rush out with my luggage, not able to give a proper goodbye and thank you for the excellent care and attention I got there. Hopefully I will return again and will be quite happy to see the kind familiar faces too. I am so glad I didn't let the negative reviews keep me away. Maybe by next time they will have replaced the worn carpeting and freshened up the bathrooms, but it won't matter as long as the personnel is as competent and kind.

Thank you Nooreen and Moulard!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo