“Great Location - great hotel”

Mercure Paris Terminus Nord
Ranked #1,119 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Wellington
“Great Location - great hotel”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Mercure have made some smart locaion choices. Mercure Paddington for those arriving on the Heathrow Express and Mercure Terminus Nord for those arriving on the Eurostar. The Hotel is literally across the street from the Gare de Nord. Good rooms, great breakfast, lots of cafes in walking distance, bus to Louvre leaves from across the street as does one of the Hop On/Hop Off bus companies. (I bought our tickets for the Bus at St Pancreas).
My one niggle was the towels are thin and smallish.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ulsan, South Korea
Reviewed April 16, 2013

When I stay here, I got very kindness service and well caring from Hotel, moreover the location is alsp usefull for trip. The breakfast was well prepareed and clean restaurant, food was good. If I got a odds for next or someone my colleague has plan to visit Paris, I will strongly recomend to them to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Small and dirty rooms. The carpet looks, feels and smells like ages. I stayed during the Easter weekend and the wifi was not working. I couldn't even check my emails. I called the front desk and they seemed helpless because it was a public holiday. What if the holiday is one week? Lift also often broke down. This place is terrible with wooden flooring. You can hear the footsteps on floor above.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Iceman0911

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

london
Reviewed April 14, 2013

If all you need to do is to get on and off Eurostar then this is the hotel for you. Otherwise steer well clear. It is noisy,over-heated and the service is awful. The staff have absolutely no interest in you whatsoever. Some of the rooms have had a face lift but it is papering over the cracks. The bathrooms are particularly in need of attention. The area is pretty grim, but you are al least within walking distance of much nicer areas like the Canal St Martin.My parents were planning a weekend in Paris but despite this hotel's proximity to Gare du Nord I would not recommend it for them or for anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank quinnsaz
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great location hotel right on train station. However rooms are super small and very old. Bathrooms are super used and need a serious renovation. Front desk girls are rude. I have arrived early in mid week. They told me no room available nd I must wait. While I was waiting for 3 hours I have noticed several guests checked in. I went and complained. She asked who are you? As if she never met me while I was sitting within 2 meters from her for 3 hours face to face. Stories of their bad customer service can go on for hours.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bedford
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We booked this hotel for a stopover, enroute from London to South America via Orly airport; We looked at hotels near to Orly airport and within central Paris and very happy we made the choice.

The hotel Mercure Paris Terminus Nord is directly opposite the Eurostar Gare Du Nord train station, easy to find, on the same street as the station; it literally took just 1 minute to climb off the train, walk out the station and into the hotel. Fantastic.

The door staff and reception team were excellent. We paid slightly more for their superior room (total price 120) and had a fantastic room on the 5th floor; spacious, great condition, memory foam pillows, big bed, sofa, posh expresso coffee machine (I dont drink coffee), large bathroom and french doors onto a balcony with great views onto the street below.

Being located close to the station, the hotel is on top of several metro stations providing easy access to the sites of Paris. There are several good restaurants nearby.

We opted to buy local croissants from the bakery qround the corner, so cant comment on the food at the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the station have the best views, but the street is noisy because of the train station a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel needs to be more responsive to the needs of its customers. The Internet went down for the entire week we stayed at hotel. Even when it was fixed it, it didn't work. So every evening we'd go to the lobby and bum Internet connection from terminus nord - the cafe next door. The elevators didn't work, my room wasn't cleaned 2 of the 7 days and there is a need to reorganize the numbering system of the floors. If you like being isolated from technology, physical exercise like climbing stairs, puzzles - like finding your room, and games of chance related to room cleaning - this place is for you!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Jpowers1
MPTN7, General Manager at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I really feel that it was very unfortunate that you stayed during a week where we had some unforeseen technical problems with our wireless network. Although this may seem hard to believe for you, I would like to assure you that we did everything in our power to fix the problem as soon as possible. One of the lifts is indeed undergoing some renovation works and regarding the floor numbering system, it simply follows the unusual shape of our building which dates from 1865. Unusual as it is, some guest have also found its charming side.

Regarding your last point, I would like send you my deepest apologies for the forgetfulness regarding the cleaning of the room. There is no excuse for that. I shall take the necessary corrective measures to ensure that this does not happen again.

If you choose to come back to a hotel with free Wi-Fi, working elevators, a custom made map of the floor numbering system and impeccable cleaning standards, please contact me and I will be delighted to personally handle your reservation.

Kind regards,