“Good Location, disappointed Servicing”

Mercure Paris Terminus Nord
Ranked #1,112 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good Location, disappointed Servicing”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great location hotel! just opposite to Gare du Nord where there are several train links; Metro, RER, and TGV. Bus stop also available in front.
Guest room is big enough for double or twin room but a bit pricy.
Breakfast and free WIFI are quite good, could access social network continually.
The only disappointed is Service from guy receptionists (ladies are in good service) and porter whose become gentle when got some tips.
If you need to use luggage store service (no charge) while traveling to other place, make sure you'll back to stay same hotel. Unless, the porter will refuse to allow keeping your luggage.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kanyakoch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night in February 2013, in Paris to watch Wales play France in the RBS 6 Nations. Friendly and very helpful reception staff allowed us to check in early after a difficult journey from the airport, due to engineering works. The room was comfortable, the bathroom was fine, although the sink was showing its age, but the shower was good. Breakfast very good - would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jhec
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Mercure Paris Terminus Nord several times now as it is very convenient for the Eurostar and the metro station to get to our offices. The hotel has old-fashioned charm (although it could be undated i.e carpet, furnishing etc.) but if you are lucky you could get one of the rooms with a view over the Sacre Coeur in the distance which really reminds you of where you are. Breakfast has a good variety and is well organised if you want to run in quickly. The restaurant next door which seems to be part of the hotel too - is excellent, although a little expensive. Great for people watching too as all of Paris life is there !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank l0ngw00d
Welwyn Garden City, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have just returned from buisness from Paris and stayed at this hotel for two nights On the first night I went out for dinner, when I returned to my hotel room I discovered that my room had been broken into and all my clothes and other items had been stolen. When I went down to inform the reception they did not beleive me, all they asked me was if I was sure that I had not misplaced the clothes!! I had trousers and Jeans that I had been wearing that night and that was it as the intruder stole everything, it looked like this room had been targeted before as there was pollyfiller in the door, the safe was also broken! Why had the hotel not repaired this? Inside job maybe? Its disgusting that the hotel was not remotley bothered and quite clearly did not beleive me! even when I took down the dirty clothes/trainers and hacksaw blade they the intruder had left in the room where he had got changed into my clothes! Was really dissapointed that they did not help or offer anything to help me! I can quite safely say I will never stay there again or reccomend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
11 Thank Julia C
MPTN7, General Manager at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am deeply saddened to see your comments since I am very aware that you were given the best attention by the front desk staff at the time of you reporting the incident and also that I personally and immediately replied to you in writing to explain all the steps that we had taken in order to investigate the nature of this bizarre incident.

Above all, what shocks me the most is how the story has substantially changed from the version that you gave us. I cannot accept your assumption of this incident being an “inside job” because we have done all the necessary checks which prove otherwise.

As I said to you in my personal message, I am not able to give any explanation regarding such an unusual event but more importantly I do not believe that the hotel committed any act of negligence in this matter.

I regret not having received a reply to my mail and that you chose this platform to write of your dissatisfaction.

Best regards

Alessandra Nanni

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Having arrived mid evening after a 5 hour train journey - the hotel was easily located by Gare du Nord and the receptionist welcoming. When I got to the room and realised it was at the front of the Hotel I expected the worst with the noise and hustle of a busy Parisien street - however I was quickly put at ease as I settled into the room to find the insulation to be effective - there were enough local bars and brassieries to satisfy my appetite and after a good restful nights sleep it was back on my travels

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Cruz508
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend. The location is excellent, right opposite the Gare du Nord, with a Metro stop right outside the door. The corridors and bathrooms are a bit tired and could do with some money spending on them, but the beds were comfortable and the rooms spotlessly clean. Our expedia deal didn't include breakfast, but there were several places to eat within a couple of minutes walk, all of which were cheaper than paying for breakfast in the hotel. Our only niggle was that we went to the hotel bar for a drink on Saturday evening, and were told that it closed at 11pm. As it was only just 10.30pm we thought we'd have plenty of time to have a drink. However, the girl serving obviously wanted to get away early, and asked us to leave at 10.40pm. Incidentally, signage in the lifts state that the bar is open until 11.30pm! However, this wouldn't stop me returning to this hotel; in fact I'd definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Paris.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel which the receptionist assured us was the quieter side. We he...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jo_Lakey
MPTN7, General Manager at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Gues,

I would like to say that I really appreciate your last sentence and the fact you would « definitely stay here again next time in Paris » even though we literally tried to « push you away » from the Bar…

I cannot apologize enough for that happening and rest assured that I have personally spoken to the person who was on duty that evening to ensure that it does not happen again. You are quite right, the bar’s official closing time is 11.30pm but we do, on occasion, close it slightly earlier. Nevertheless, there are many ways to convey that message to the guest and the one you were given is certainly not at the top of my list, to say it mildly.

I really look forward welcoming you back in our hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be delighted to personally deal with your reservation. Additionally, I will be very happy to offer you a drink in our bar whenever is most convenient for you. Yes, even late in at night.

Best regards,