When I first wrote to the property manger "was there any stairs" since we have twins and a double stroller. Instead of telling me there are some stairs, the answer was very cleaver, "it's on first floor". I assumed a few steps maybe. Only to find out that it has at least 20 or so narrow stairs to the "first floor". Managing two toddlers and a double stroller in and out the apartment was a nightmare.
The apartment is facing a very busy street and a bar is right across the street. There is no ac in the apertmemt, we had to open all the windows at night to sleep and the noise keeps on weakening us up. You can hear everything, cars, people, loud music buncing over the narrow street into the apartment.
The apertment on their website is 250 eur /night but they charged me more. I was busy planning the trip and noticed something wrong but thought was usd and eur difference and asked about it. The manger was not honest with me. She now says its TripAdvisor website that need to make a fee so they need to charge more per night.
3. The manger wrote "Bed line and towels" will be provided and fans will be provided since there is no ac, but later they want to charge a large unreasonable amount.
4. The strings on the curtain fall off when we try to pull the curtain up, they want to charge me 250 eur, ( later she decreased to 150 eur from my safe deposit). When i booked, it's clear that cleaning fees are included, now they claim that the place is "not so clean" and want my safe deposit money. I stayed at many rentals before, never had I heard that we need to make the place spotless otherwise is not considered "so clean". We took out trash, clean the floor and everything is in its place. I need to ask them what are the cleaning fee included means?
5. The Window handle in the bedroom were broken when we were there so you can't lock the window. This was actually very unsafe for us and our children.
6. They only give us one set of keys. When I called to see if I could get another key so my husband and I could split up with the kids, the call was "dropped" no one ever called back.
7. Someone lives in the apartment permanently, the bedroom chest is full of cloth. I am not sure if it's legal to rent out apartment like this.
Next time in Paris, we will stay in a hotel, after all the extra fees and deposit they charge me, we are better off at a hotel with a suite and some services. No one is going to charge me for cribs, IKEA high chairs, towels and sheet. No one is going to blam me for the poor quality of window string.
Despite a few hiccups and unforeseen issues, the apartment is managed by intelligent, communicative and helpful team. Sophisticated and elegant apartment fit for a King.