“AMAZING, friendly, informative, FUN”
Review of Bike About Tours

and up
Hidden Paris: Day Bike Tour
Ranked #3 of 144 Outdoor Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike About Tours is a small, grassroots bike tour company with tours in Paris, Versailles, and the Champagne region. Our Paris bike tours focus on the charming back streets & local neighborhoods of the city- in small groups. Our Versailles bike tour explores the legendary city of Versailles through Versailles' many cycle paths & forest trails from the Chateau itself to the hamlet of Marie-Antoinette. After a short train ride from Paris, our Champagne bike tour takes you through vineyard trails, local cellars and some of France best Champagne. Paris, Versailles & Champagne have truly become biking cities, and tours follow carefully planned routes. The Bike About team is here to share their local secrets with you, so come see what everybody has been talking about!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Salt Lake City, Utah
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“AMAZING, friendly, informative, FUN”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Me and my wife found this by using TripAdvisor, but unfortunately I am dumb and didn't book it correctly. Luckily, the guys there are super nice and still fit us in. Our guide Nicol was incredibly knowledgeable about the city and about fun stuff to do. From the history of the city itself, to fun art facts (space invaders in Paris), and where to eat and shop.
They give you a great list of interesting things to do at the end of the tour, so we recommend doing what we did. Do this tour at the very beginning of your Paris trip and you will get a great idea for how the city really is. And then with their help, you won't be bored at all the rest of the time. They have so many great ideas for things to do in the city.

Don't get scared off by the fact that its a bike ride in a new city, they keep you safe. Just stick with them. However, don't expect a huge workout. Our guide would take us for a few minutes, and then stop to give us some history on the area and really let us soak it all in. It was perfect. BEST 30 EUROS SPENT IN PARIS.

1 Thank graygraystone

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“This was one of my favorite things I did whilst in Paris.”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Zip around Paris on your little bike with Bike About Tours' excellent guide. I highly recommend this. It was fun, interesting and refreshingly different.

Wiltshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“An unexpected treat in a familar city”
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We booked to go on this tour, trusting that the rating on TripAdvisor couldn't be wrong! It was a fantastic new experience in a place we know well. The way we avoided the traffic in the queit streets was exciting and we learnt a great deal about history and peronalities connected with the city. The recommendations for restaurants and other thngs to do were very welcome. Thoroughly recommended.

Nashville
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Had my tour today and it was wonderful...”
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Had my tour today and it was wonderful! First full day in Paris and really helped me get oriented to the city. My guide was so knowlegable, funny, and the 3.5 hr tour flew by! I felt just like Lance Armstrong riding around the Louvre pyramid. Would highly highly recommend!!!!

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Paris on Bike is Amazing”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My wife and I rented bikes from Bike About Tours in June while traveling on our honeymoon. It was, without a doubt ,the best choice we made.

We rented bikes for the week at a very reasonable rate. With the rental we received a biking map of the city, a lock, and a seat cushion.
As stated in the opener, Paris is extremely bike friendly and flat. There are very clearly marked bike lanes, and pathways to see one of Europe's greatest cities. Because there are so many sights in Paris, bikes offer an ideal way to see a number of attractions quickly. (And no, I do not know the owner). I was surprised at how respectful drivers were of the bikers. I am not sure you would get away with that level of courtesy in Boston or New York.
We used our bikes to travel from the Louvre to the Eiffel Tower, picnic in Paris's parks. We simply would not have seen the sights of Paris that we did without the bikes. Trains and Buses offer a good mode of transport, but you miss out on the scenery.

Bike about is a bit tricky to find as it is located in an underground car garage on Rue de Lobau, but well worth it.

We did take a tour with Bike About, we chose to go it alone.

I would highly reccomend Bike About. Great Service, Price, and Product for Paris.