“Fun and different way to see Paris”
Review of Bike About Tours

and up
The Versailles Day Bike Tour from Paris
Ranked #3 of 146 Outdoor Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike About Tours is a small, grassroots bike tour company with tours in Paris, Versailles, and the Champagne region. Our Paris bike tours focus on the charming back streets & local neighborhoods of the city- in small groups. Our Versailles bike tour explores the legendary city of Versailles through Versailles' many cycle paths & forest trails from the Chateau itself to the hamlet of Marie-Antoinette. After a short train ride from Paris, our Champagne bike tour takes you through vineyard trails, local cellars and some of France best Champagne. Paris, Versailles & Champagne have truly become biking cities, and tours follow carefully planned routes. The Bike About team is here to share their local secrets with you, so come see what everybody has been talking about!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 10, 2008

Absolutely fantastic. A really different and fun way to see Paris - refreshing change from a bus or walking tour. Paul was an excellent guide, fun and has lots of knowledge on Parisian history and quirky facts. We will be recommending it to all our friends.

1  Thank LondonSkiwi

Reviewed April 7, 2008

We spent only 4 days in Paris and decided to take a bike tour as I thought it would be a good way of getting to see the city in such little time.
I emailed the other bike tour company and got a really rude reply, so I decided to book a tour with Bike About Tours.
We met Paul at Notre Dam Cathedral and we biked for just over 4 hours. It was a small group (only 4 of us and the tour guide), which was great and personalised. We went all over the place, and even when I fell off my bike, I enjoyed the rest of the tour. The weather was also perfect for it!
The guide is a very friendly Kiwi guy, very sociable and speaks fluent french.
We stopped for lunch in a small bakery, for about 30 minutes, so we made the most of the whole thing.
The guide also recommended us great places where to go after the tour and in the night. We tried them and absolutely loved them!

I definately recommend this company if you want to get to see Paris in a different way. The guides are excellent and very friendly. The great thing about them is that they keep the group to small sizes, so they are very personalised. The price is very good too, I can't believe we spent four hours on a bike, had so much fun and got to see Paris in 4 hours!

This is a MUST if you go to Paris!

2  Thank Powerpuffgelly
Reviewed April 7, 2008

This is a fantastic way to see Paris. With all the cycle lanes and quiet back streets, you don't need to worry about traffic and because Paris is so flat, you don't need to worry about being fit either - the pace is very leisurely. Bike About Tours keep the groups small and the guides are very knowledgeable without overloading on information. Best thing we did in Paris.

1  Thank missbloggs
Reviewed April 7, 2008

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor my sister and I made Bike about Tours our first activity in Paris and we were not disappointed. An amazing 3&1/2 hour tour of not only the big attractions but also a chance to see the real hidden beauty of Paris. Our tour guide Paul was friendly, relaxed and had loads of informative and interested stories to tell about the city he loves.

The bikes were easy and safe to ride and in my opinion the only way to travel around Paris! This tour was so much fun and I cant wait to do it again!

1  Thank Donnatela21
Reviewed April 6, 2008

This was a fun way to put into context some of the lesser known attractions in Paris (to me anyway).

Beyond the hill to get out of the car park it is not strenuous and only once or twice did i feel like i was fighting traffic.

Christian was knowledgable and informative about areas such as Place des Vosges, one of a number of sights which i may have ignored if on my own but i which am glad i saw.

The bakery we stopped at was oh la la!! obviously a few have been tested and this came out on top!

I am always a bit wary of a succession of 100% positive reviews but in this case they are justified.

1  Thank ricomc