“Paris By Bike”

$183.76*
The Champagne Region Bike Tour from Paris
Ranked #3 of 146 Outdoor Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike About Tours is a small, grassroots bike tour company with tours in Paris, Versailles, and the Champagne region. Our Paris bike tours focus on the charming back streets & local neighborhoods of the city- in small groups. Our Versailles bike tour explores the legendary city of Versailles through Versailles' many cycle paths & forest trails from the Chateau itself to the hamlet of Marie-Antoinette. After a short train ride from Paris, our Champagne bike tour takes you through vineyard trails, local cellars and some of France best Champagne. Paris, Versailles & Champagne have truly become biking cities, and tours follow carefully planned routes. The Bike About team is here to share their local secrets with you, so come see what everybody has been talking about!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Derry,Northern Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Paris By Bike”
Reviewed April 5, 2008

The first time i have ever been to Paris, previous experience has taught me that a bike tour is a great way to see a lot of things. The excursion offered by these guys is no exception they point out things and take you along streets that you never would walk on as a normal run of the mill tourist. The knowledge and service was excellent, PAul thanks for waiting by the way! I would recommend this to anyone who can ride a bike!

1 Thank CyranoH

• Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Do the Sunday morning Tour”
Reviewed April 4, 2008

A praise-worthy way to see central Paris.

The Sunday morning tour is quiet and probably the best option for people concerned with riding a bike in a busy city.

The tour 'company' is run by two young guys, one from New Zealand, the other from the US. If you appreciate self-motivated, smaller operations in lieu of a 'corporate' experience, then you should well consider Bike About Tours.

The tour itself hits many of the special sites in central Paris, with the highlight arriving when you ride through The Louvre grounds while others watch with a bit of envy.

A special note: The Bike About Tours website advertises that their tour takes you near the Eiffel Tower - it does not - it's a bit of a hike from central Paris to the Eiffel and back, but just be aware of this issue before booking.

Overall, a highly recommended way to experience Paris with friendly owners/guides that work hard for their living.

3 Thank ajeep8u_Italy
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Awesome tour, exceptional guide”
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Fab tour, great balance between big sights (eg. Louvre, Notre Dame) and fab lesser known spots.

The bikes are superb, the lunch stop was delicious, and my fiancee and I had a blast.

Best thing we did in Paris! Highly recommended.

1 Thank 8arry
Leeds
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed April 1, 2008

Just did exactly what i expected. After reading the reviews on here me and my g/f took a tour this weekend while in Paris. Its great!

The tour is well paced, informative, fun and not boring. I'm 24 and my g/f is 23. I think one of the things about this is that it can appeal to people of all ages. As long as you can ride a bike competently you will be fine. So id say for people aged between 10 - 65 this should be great.

The guides are American which at first I wasn't sure on. But they really do know their stuff. In no way is this a cheesy American tour. Im sure one of the guys in our trip tried testing our guide on some Paris History and he answered everything perfectly.

Will you come away saying that was the best thing ever? No probably not. But it does exactly what it says on the tin and for 25 euros each I thought it was good value for money.

1 Thank tfeb
Ottawa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My favourite experience while on a 48-hour stop in Paris”
Reviewed March 28, 2008

To anyone that is looking to do something fun while in Paris and has very little time & money to spear (like me when I had a 48-hour stop there) I totally recommend to go on a bike tour with "Bike About Tours". It's fun, you blend with the locals, you get to see a lot of places in a very short time and you learn a lot of things about Paris all of this in the company of a youthful and friendly guide at a very reasonable price. I have to admitt that I went during the month of January which is a low season period and my friend and I got the advantage of a private tour. Nonetheless I recommend "Bike About Tours" to anyone at anytime of the year.

2 Thank Eloisa2008