“AWFUL...rude and unprofessional! STAY AWAY!!!!”

Hotel Denfert Montparnasse
Ranked #1,337 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Boise, Idaho
“AWFUL...rude and unprofessional! STAY AWAY!!!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

After 14 hours of travel and hauling two heavy suitcase, the woman at the front desk sat and watched me struggle to haul in my suitcases, at which point she rudely and coldly informed me that the hotel was full. I told her I had reservations, and she flat out said "No you don't." I had left my confirmation at home, so I couldn't prove it. Paris hotel were full that week (fashion week) and I know it. I left the hotel in tears, and went to a wonderful one down the street that was also full (Hotel Daguerre). They spent 45 minutes on the phone to find me a hotel. When my husband e-mailed me the confirmation, I took it back to the hotel, where, though the same woman was sitting doing absolutely nothing, she told me that 'she didn't have time to check into now' and would e-mail me. When she finally did, they all of a sudden HAD rooms (though three hours before, they were booked through the week). I had made a phone call to change my arrival date, but she flat out called me a liar and sent me an e-mail asking why I couldn't face the fact that I was wrong. Unreal. By the way, I speak fluent French, so it's nothing against Americans. Just an awful, rude person, which can be found in any country. Stay in one of Paris' lovely parks before you stay here.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Catrine M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bamberg, Germany
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We got the wrong hotel to start, so I asked how to get to this one... the receptionist had a fit when she found out that this was not the hotel we were supposed to stay at.... thank God... No parking!!! She told us we had to find a parking spot somewhere in Paris with our rental when she thought we were staying there, than got mad when I asked her if she could call the correct hotel and let them know we were coming. She didn't call!! Instead I had to spend 40 euro to get a taxi driver to take us there directly!! By the way, France is not very dog friendly.... think long and hard before you travel there!!

Room Tip: Don't do it!!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband, bay and I stayed there to get over our jet-lag before continuing our trip down South. It was a very bad idea. I usually stay the hotel Solar which is in the area which I know well and like very much. The hotel Solar was full so we booked this one. What a disappointment : small, smelly, noisy hot and dirty room, far too small to put a baby bed. Very unhelpful unpleasant staff. We didn't sleep at all and our baby was very uncomfortable. When we left we found out that the price I had been told on the phone months before was not the same, it was almost double.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2010

This hotel is absolutely fine. It is a basic budget hotel with no facilities but in a good location.

The rooms are small, but very clean and with an adequate bathroom and good shower and friendly staff.

We did have a slight problem at check in with one member of our party getting the key to an already occupied room, twice. Which gave some security concerns but this was down to an inexperienced member of staff and we had no further problems.

If you want a good value, clean place to lay your head then this hotel will suit you.

Double Euro 80, Single Euro 69

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Slynomadstill
London
Reviewed July 19, 2010

If you are looking for a 5* feature laden hotel look elsewhere. If you are looking for an inexpensive, safe, clean, friendly and convenient hotel this is the place. No, there isn't an ice maker, there isn't a lobby bar, there aren't 200 channels on the TV, there isn't a swimming pool or an on site spa. The rooms are just barely large enough for the bed and if you have a street facing room it will be noisy. But you are in Paris and that is what the real Paris is like. If you want the high end luxuries save your money and go to Vegas. If you want peace and quiet, do not even think of going to Paris. There is no such thing as quiet in Paris. If you want to go to Paris, experience Paris as it is and have enough money to enjoy everything that amazing city has to offer; this is the hotel. Small, convenient in a big city way (50 paces to the Metro and the bus stops outside the door) easily reachable by public transit (lots of people do. It's very common to see people carting luggage on the Metro and the hotel give excellent directions when you book on venere.com) from the airport and trains saving a huge amount of money. for example: 8 euros each. The staff speak passable to excellent English and are as friendly and as helpful as any I've ever met. Main thing? If you want resort amenities go to a resort. If you want a safe clean place to stay. Stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dwcLondon
pore
Reviewed July 8, 2010

the hotel must invest till august. Should be return to the standard that i knew a few years agow.

->shower must be clean.

seems t be a problem with leasing personal

->things which are not working properly must be replaced.

they should go up with the price and invest more in the hotel. It will be more intelligent.

please try to improve it because the location is great. It is possible.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business