“not quite exclusive”

Hotel Glasgow Monceau
Ranked #606 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel boasts three stars but it was difficult to find them. Service was good, friendly and obliging and the food was typical continental and good. The elevator was big enough for my partner, two cases and myself, only just but threes a crowd!
The room on the sixth floor was tiny, tiny. The double bed just fitted and the ensuite which was a retro fit leaked onto the carpet and was also as small as it could possibly be.

Quiet street with nice Indian resto opposite and convenient location not too far from the Champs.

Price was good and probably reflected value for money

Room Tip: Sixth floor may be the worst?
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2012

First I will say I was disappointed their website said they have a shuttle to the airport. They do have a shuttle service, but, you assume by them mentioning it, it is free. Its not.
Now with the good stuff!
I usually stay near Gare du Nord as I take the chunnel to Paris, but, we flew into CDG this time and therefore stayed in a part of town we hadn't before. The Monceau area. I would highly recommend this area - so quaint and authentic Paris. Not many other tourists at all so the cafes are priced lower and on the weekend you can check out some local street markets filled with lovely fresh fruits, flowers, cheese, and of course baguettes!
There are lots of Metro options around so we were able to travel around with no problem whatsoever.
Back to the hotel - for Paris standards, I was really impressed. The room was large and the bathroom new and very clean. The WiFi was a little slow, but the bed was comfy and the staff very friendly (again, for Paris standards) and accommodating. We stayed at their back building, with no elevator, so if you have mobility issues, I would ask for a room in the front building as they have an elevator. There is a charming courtyard and trendy little lounge area where you can have your breakfast. A really nice stay!

Room Tip: If you need an elevator, ask for a room in the front building.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel was a great rate for the location. The service staff was helpful and friendly. I would definatly come here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Kyle B
Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for my stay, I traveled last minute and needed a cheap room. Would I stay here again? No. Only because it was kind of a long walk to the nearest metro, and I didn't like the late check in time, I was tired from my overseas flight. On normal occasions long walks are no bother. However, in Paris, I walk all day seeing sights and just enjoying the city. When I am finished the last thing I want is more walking. The hotel is not near any attractions within walking distance, so you will need the metro.
The other reviews are not exaggerating, these rooms are SMALL. I'm not complaining, I only care about clean. Just a warning. So small in fact, my double bed filled the room. I had to put my small suitcase standing up each time I was finished getting clothes out, as there wasn't even enough floor space to leave it open. The bathroom had been recently remodeled, and was nice, small of course, but nice. The shower was teeny tiny. I'm a small girl and couldn't turn around and always hit my elbows. But again, it was clean :) all depends on what your travel priorities are. In Europe, mine are completely different, I'm used to small, and I'm never in my room anyway.

Room was very quiet, and so was the street, I slept with the windows open every night. Looooved it!

Free WiFi was great for planning my days and keeping in touch with my worrying mother. I've been traveling for a living for 10 years and she still worries. :)

I did not try the breakfast, so I can't give an opinion. I prefer sitting in cafes watching people or reading when I'm in Europe.

The only bad thing that happened was on checkout. I had an early flight so I left the hotel around 5am. The front desk guy did not speak good English, and my French is horrible. I gave him my key and he said I owed another $200 euro! He said my room said it was only paid in half. I freaked! All my emails said paid in full from venere.com. I'm not sure if the mistake was on venere's part or the hotel's.... But since I had printouts that said paid in full and also pulled up the reservation on my phone the nice man let me go. THANK GOODNESS!!! I put this in my review just to give you a heads up to print your receipts just in case this happens often, and also to praise the hotel for great customer service. I hope the glitch was figured out.

Overall, if the 10 minute walk to the metro and the small rooms don't matter to you, and the price is right, go for it. I had a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The Glasgow is a small ,wonderful hotel located in a quiet a residential area .The rooms are design and confortable- I loved the colors very zen.The breakfast isa continental buffet , cheese, ham...but nothing hot like eggs or sausages....We spoke a lot with the staff , very pleasant ,always smiling.Near by you have a supermaket , a french market , good restaurants and bars .I like jogging , I did it each morning at the Parc Monceau , so chic ! This hotel is a very good value .

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2012

it was my third time in Paris , but not the least !This small hotel in aquiet street was really a surprise , we spent with my husband a pleasant stay . My room was small but confortable and cosy .The breakfast delicious and copious.At the front desk the team is likable , speaking englis and spanish , helpful and available.They booked us trips, restaurants....The wifi is free, coffeeand tea too....we appreciated these details.I advise the Indian restaurant int front of the hotel and the Parc Monceau 5 minutes walking.Iwould definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed on this hotel last week, it was nice and clean , confortable bed. At the front desk they are pleasant and helpful , Not far from the main places .You have at 5 minutes an incredible little parisian market (marche levis), con can buy bread, fresh fruits... , flowers.
For my next visit Paris I will come with my family .

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple