WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1,077 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Snug!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

A small hotel in a side street near the Gare de Lyon.
Having read the reviews prior to my visit I asked for a refurbished room on arrival. Amin, the receptionist offered me the keys to 2 rooms and suggested I look at both and choose the 1 I prefer. I chose room 305, a very pleasant, although small room which had obviously undergone some refurbishment. It smelt very fresh and the soft furnishings were obviously new and the decor very attractive. It was small and there would be very little room for large suitcases, fortunately I only had a cabin size bag. Storage space is also limited with just one small wardrobe. Having said that I would definitely stay again for a short visit. The reception staff are lovely, very pleasant and helpful and I felt very "comfortable" here. Breakfast for 12 euros was also very nice.
Once all the rooms have been refurbished I think this hotel will be a little gem.

Room Tip: Asked for a refurbished room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank awayagainBen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Hebrew first
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our room was barely big enough for two twin beds pushed together surrounded by two feet of floor space. Consequently the bed doubled as the place to open the suitcase. There did not appear to be a lobby for sitting with other guests. The elevator was very very very slow and tiny. The air conditioning did not work in our room, but we managed by opening the window. It was very clean and had an excellent location within a short walk of the Gare Lyon. Finding it on what was a very narrow side street was not easy, even with our GPS. No parking is provided, but there is a public garage about four blocks away. The receptionist spoke little English.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Szczecin, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Me and my husband stayed there for 3 nights while visiting Paris, we used the room only for sleeping, spending almost all of the day time sightseeing - so small disadventages like threadbared carpet or cracked bath did not bother us.
Hotel is situated near Gare de Lyon (underground) and near the Open Bus (hop on-off) bus stop, it is also possible to just walk around (nice area, near the Bastille and l'Opéra bastille) or walk a route, for example to Notre Dame.
Free WiFi working just fine.
Did not have breakfast so can't really say.
Average clean, good value, receptionist with a good english and very helpful.
Rooms are small but cosy, bathroom is fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Monika W
Laurence B, Propriétaire at Hotel Alexandrie, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear madam, dear sir:)

thank you very much for your kind message leaving on trip advisosr:)
Actually i only have two floors completely renovated, i hope having the pleasure to meet you again for your next trip in a renovated room:)
kind regards, thank you very much for your visit!

lauren
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night on our arrival in Paris in November. We were catching a train to Avignon early the next morning and wanted a hotel close to Gare de Lyon. This hotel suited the situation admirably and at a cost of 76 Euro for the night we considered it good value. The receptionist was extremely helpful (even spoke English). We had a room on the 4th floor which was accessed by a tiny lift, so tiny that it just held 3 people and our overnight luggage. The room was small but we know from past experience that this is common in Europe. The bed was very comfortable. The furnishings (ie curtains and purple tiles) we found a bit garish but this is a pitiful criticism of an otherwise clean and comfortable room. Our only concern in the bathroom was that the shower was over the bath, quite high to step into and quite slippery. I mentioned the slippery bath to the receptionist. Our early morning call came on time. Breakfast is offered at 12 euro per person but as our train was leaving very early we declined and ate at the station.

The hotel is situated an easy 5 minute walk (maybe less) from the station. There are several restaurants in the vicinity and quite a lot of activity, although being in a side street the hotel is away from the noise.

For anyone with train connections, looking for an inexpensive, clean hotel, we can certainly recommend this one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank molletts
Laurence B, Propriétaire at Hotel Alexandrie, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hello dear Madam and dear sir:)

thank you very much for your visit and your kind message leaving on trip advisor!
We are happy you had a nice time in our little family hotel:)
we hope having the pleasure to meet you again:)
kind regards from Paris,

cordially yours, lauren and all the staff:))
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The title of this review says it pretty much all; Hotel Alexandrie a clean fairly priced hotel in a good location. It’s close to gare de lyon, bastille metro station and only a short walk from le marias, one of the nicer areas of Paris. We got a good deal over a booking website and only paid 180 euro for 2 nights over the weekend. We were pleasantly surprised by the room which was spacious and clean. We especially loved the feature at the headboard, a lighted Paris landscape. And before I forget, they have free wireless internet too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott_Zelda
Laurence B, Propriétaire at Hotel Alexandrie, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Avis écrit le 21 octobre 2013

Avis traduit automatiquement depuis l'anglais Plus d'infos

Dea Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind message on trip Advisor!
I hope having the pleasure to meet you another time in my hotel and i would like to inform you that you will always have a better price with a direct reservation on phone or by email to our mail box!
See you soon,
Kind regards, lauren.
Sion, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently stayed in Hotel Alexandrie for a total of 5 days. The room was clean, however there were some disgusting spots on the shower curtain which I cleaned immediately once I checked-in. On the last day, I was searching everywhere for my facial cream which has all of sudden dissapeared. I left it throughout the whole journey at the exact same place in my make-up kid in the bathroom. I got really mad since it has a value of 60 Euros and it was just bought but MOSTLY because it is UNACCEPTABLE that my stuff is not at a secure place in my own hotel room!!!!!!!! This is a real NO GO for a hotel, this should never happen!!!!! Therefore I will never return to this place and advice others to leave valuable items in the safe.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Giuliana237
Dear Madam,

i am verry sorry and very surprised for your cream because all my chambermaid are very helpful and honnest girl!
we found and send back to my customers everything they lost or forget ( jewels, perfume, phone, credit card etc....)so i am absolutely sure they never touch a bottle of cream!!
i hope you will have a better stay for your next trip in paris!

kind regards,
lauren.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had two single nights in a 5 bed family room either side of a 2 night trip to Disneyland Paris. The hotel is in a very convenient location for Disneyland as it is within easy walking distance of the Gare de Lyon, although not so good for visiting the tourist sites in Paris. The family rooms are on the 5th floor accessible via a tiny lift. The room and bathroom were clean. We needed the AC because it was very hot, although it was quite noisy. Breakfast was good value at €12 for adults and free for children with good range of food provided. Overall did the job well for us.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lenny C
Laurence B, Propriétaire at Hotel Alexandrie, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
dear madam, dear sir,
dear readers,

thank you very much for all your kind message on trip advisor!
lot of people appreciate our family room wich are very large, i am very happy for this!
our hotel is very closed to the metro/bus gare de lyon, wich is a easyer location to go everywhere quickly at a good price!
the breakfast is always free for child under 12 years old!
i hope having the pleasure to meet you again at you next visit in Paris: do not hesitate to contact us in direct, it is always the best way and cheaper!

kind regards,