“Great value for money”

Hotel Les Jardins de la Villa
Ranked #141 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Les Jardins de la Villa in May 2014 for 4 nights. We booked the hotel through American Express Platinum, via their affiliation with SLH. We love SLH hotels.

The hotel upgraded us from a Superior room to a Deluxe room. Our room was just fine. Enough space and all materials of good quality.

The hotel itself is small and efficient. The breakfast is of good quality, wide variety, but limited choice within each category. The hotel – both public parts and the rooms – is kept clean. The staff is extremely friendly.

I liked the fact that we had chocolate waiting for us each and every evening and not just on the first day.

Although the hotel seems far away when you look at the Metro map, it is not, especially as after a 5 minute walk to the Metro station of Port-Maillot (within zone 2), the line takes you directly to the Concorde, the Louvre, Chatelet and Hotel de Ville.

The hotel was great value for money. We shall definitely return.

Room Tip: The Deluxe room is good enough.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jan T

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a lovely hotel and it played a very important part in my first trip to Paris! It is a trendy little place full of chic decorations. The staff spoke English and made me believe that they were happy to do so... my experience here really made the whole "Paris hates Americans" thing a real myth to me. The customer service here was great!

The room was small but it was very nice. The way the room looked made me feel like I was in a modern boutique hotel in New York. And tons of fancy extras... towel warmer, robes, cappuccino machine (with the stupidest little direction card... I couldn't ever get the damn thing to make coffee, but I did manage to get hot water out of it to make tea), gourmet tea, mini bar, hair dryer, free wifi for multiple devices, and hot breakfast every morning downstairs in the lobby (I never had the chance to dine here, but it sure smelled great).

The hotel is in a business area and I felt very safe walking around at all hours in the surrounding neighborhood. There are all sorts of eateries within walking distance and even a tiny grocery store nearby. The metro station is just around the corner and my wife and I had an easy time getting around the city to all the major sights and attractions.

We stayed for a week and we booked it through a travel website at a considerable discount with a package deal. I saw the regular prices and I'm sure that at the moment those prices registered in my brain my eyes must have popped out my damned head. I would NOT pay their asking price per night! So, I have to say that it is not likely that I would stay here again... the only way I would is if it was a part of a deal.

Outrageous price aside, this is a fantastic hotel and I am so glad that we were able to stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NinerFace
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This isn't one of the best hotels in Paris, but it is a very good option for those who don't want to spend a mortgage payment for one night in Paris. The rate we had was quite reasonable by Paris standards ($240-ish/night all-in) and the location is good insofar as one is close to the Porte Maillot train station. That means with a quick walk and a train ride, one can be just about anywhere in Paris within a reasonably short period of time. That said, the area around the Porte Maillot is not nearly a nice as the areas closer to the Eiffel Tower, the Marais or Place de la Concorde. It is a little bit less glamorous and more run down.

The hotel itself is very small, but very nice. Clean rooms that are nicely decorated, comfortable beds, nice and quiet hallways, and friendly staff. Breakfast was not included in our rate, but we loved walking up to the Place Victor Hugo where one can have breakfast at La Petite Marquise, an absolutely delicious boulangerie that has won plenty of awards for its baguette. Pro-tip: if you get baguette, buy the baguette tradition. It's the award winning one that uses special flour and had a better taste and crust. Total walking time is about 10 minutes. If you want to go further, the boulangerie des petities feuilles Lalos is another 5-10 minutes further and they are award winning croissant makers.

A minor issue was that the wifi was very unreliable the first couple of days.

All in all, I really liked staying here and would stay here again IF I can't find a better location (meaning closer to Eiffel tower or Louvre).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Steffen P
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just came back from Paris, a destination I visit few times a year. I always select to stay at boutique hotels whenever I visit France, the decor is almost always very creative and inspiring. This hotel in particular is not only beautifully designed, it also offers many amenities not common in small hotels, such as a gym, sauna and hammam, in room comfort, luscious bathroom amenities, bottled water, chocolate, and a nespresso machine in the room, and most important a wonderful staff who are exceptionally helpful, attentive and possess a great sense of humor. Thank you for a most enjoyable stay and until next time I hope.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank antoinette c
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed here with my daughter and we both agreed without a doubt this is the best hotel we have stayed in. The staff were extremely helpful and Stephane the desk manager went out of his way to ensure that we were welcomed. The room we stayed in was beautiful and the little touches like chocolate on arrival really made our stay special. The honesty bar and garden downstairs was a lovely spot to relax in after a busy day shopping. The hotel is also within easy reach of the tourist attractions and shops. As a woman travelling on her own with a child, it was important to find somewhere safe and easily accessible and this hotel ticked all the boxes. We will definitely be making a return visit and would not think of staying anywhere else when in Paris now that we have found Les Jardins de la Villa.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret H
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My fiancee and I just returned from Paris and had a wonderful stay at Les Jardins de la Villa for 2 nights. We were staying at the Meridian around the corner but moved to this excellent hotel. The hotel is small but the rooms are big and well appointed with exceptional amenities throughout. The manage was extremely accommodating as was the entire staff. Great breakfast and honor bar in the beautiful lobby area.

The hotel is near many cafes and close to the metro. We highly recommend the hotel and the area and will definitely return. I was sorry to leave but very happy we found this place. It was so nice and quiet even though all of Paris can be bus and noisy. There is a certain quality to the hotel that is very rare. A combination of warm hospitality and wonderful accommodations. We really loved it and there are no negatives. The price was very reasonable for Paris and the place simply can't be beat.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 296BobR
Lucas F, Directeur Adjoint at Hotel Les Jardins de la Villa, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

We were very happy to welcome you at Les Jardins de la Villa.
We would like to thank you sincerely for your kind comments.
It reflects the appreciation of your stay, and we are happy that you enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Les Jardins de la Villa.

Sincerely.
Lucas FELICI
Deputy Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this charming hotel for three nights to celebrate my birthday and we couldn't have been more happy with our stay. We resided in the junior suite which had a fabulous bath (large enough for two!) and an espresso machine we put to great use. The staff on hand were excellent with responding to any questions or requests we had and made the stay that more pleasurable. We opted to have the breakfast delivered to our room each morning and was very impressed with what they had on offer! Overall, I would suggest Les Jardins de la Villa to anyone looking for a relaxing and romantic stay in Paris. We hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucas F, Deputy Manager at Hotel Les Jardins de la Villa, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Marissa,

We were very happy to welcome you at the hotel Les Jardins de la Villa for your birthday.

Your valuable comments reflects the appreciation of your stay, and we thank you.
I'll share your kind words with our brilliant team

Next year, contact us direcly for your reservation and we will made your birthday unforgettable!

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Sincerely.