“Wonderful stay in paris”

Hotel Les Jardins de la Villa
Ranked #136 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I spent in Les Jardins de la Villa one night in mid november. From the greating to the end of the stay, the service was excellent. The suite in which my wife and I stayed, was really calm and well furnished. We felt like home as soon as we entered that place and it's the main feeling that remains from our stay. If you are looking for a luxury boutique hotel close to the main touristic place, don't search more, you found it. The concept of the honesty bar is just original and smart.
We loved it and we can't wait to go back

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,394)

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Went there with my two lovely daughters and my four year old grandson Alfie for a long weekend.
We had a fantastic stay. The staff were amazing and very friendly, they made us feel very welcome from the minute we got there.
The deco was amazing and very hip!
All very laid back in the nicest way, loved the honesty bar and mini kitchen..
Loved the gym and sauna a great touch and the sauna a must after a long day sightseeing!
I will tell all my friends and will return again soon..

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pamela s
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed there for 5 nights in October.I spoke french( grew up in Paris) upon arrival and for the first 2 days.The service was just awful.I then showed up for breakfast on the 3rd morning and spoke english only.
It was as if it were in another hotel.The rooms are much too small and the decor is somewhat over the top.I will find another hotel for my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank petrus47
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in October 2011. We prefer boutique hotels for the intimacy of the property and the attentiveness of the staff. Les Jardins was just as we expected in terms of a caring and helpful staff, a cozy and comfortable room and the shower was heavenly. The mini kitchen/pantry/honesty bar in the lobby area was a great place to enjoy a morning coffee while setting our agenda for the day. We met several other lovely guests and had fun exchanging experiences and tips.

I don't know what his title in the hotel is, but Chris became our trusted adviser from day one and he gave us the best advice every day. He really did go above and beyond to make us comfortable and ensuring that we were enjoying the hotel and Paris. By the time we left, we felt as if Chris was our best friend in Paris. To the managers of this hotel: Please know that Chris is a real asset to your hotel! What a perfect and pleasant gentleman. I can't say enough about how much we loved him!

Warning... this hotel is quiet and it has black out curtains on the windows. Coming from Florida with the 6 hour time difference, we neglected to set an alarm the first night and did not wake up until 11:00 am. Oops... we lost a morning of sightseeing. Haha. In most cases, I would say those things are a plus... just remember to set an alarm if your biological clock is 6 hours behind.

I am pro and con on the location and whether it is perfect for you depends on how you like to spend your days/nights in Paris. Pros: quiet neighborhood with several nice cafes nearby and the James Joyce Pub is across the street. 5 minute walk to Arc de Triomphe or a one minute walk to the Port Maillot Metro station. Taxis to central Paris will cost about 14 to 25 Euro depending on time of day and traffic. Cons: A little distant from central Paris, where we spent most of everyday. As one earlier reviewer wrote, the only way to improve this hotel would be to move it to the Ile St. Louis.

We would stay here again unless we decided to spurge even more and stay in the center of Paris.

One final note. The concierge Pierre-Luc gave us a perfect restaurant recommendation for Persching Hall, a somewhat hip place with excellent fusion cuisine. We thoroughly enjoyed it. .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hamp_WhaleTraveled
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We had a wonderful stay. The rooms are small but beautifully decorated and the space very cleverly maximized. We did not feel cramped which has been my experience in other European hotels. The extra touches were wonderful. The nespresso machine in our room ( brilliant!) and flat screen tv.The service was excellent and the staff friendly and so helpful. Breakfast was reasonable by Paris standard and yum. Great little honesty bar and free wi fi.It's located right near the airport shuttle bus ( a pleasure ) and the port maillot metro ( very central) made it really easy to get around. We loved it and would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank TalGeoff
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed here just for one night and found the room lovely, fantastic bathroom and little balcony The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Lovely little hotel.

The hotel was very clean (this is a sticking point for me...think OCD) & the beds were comfortable. In addition to the gourmet chocolates (ginger, lavender, lemon) they would leave little lavender aromatherapy sprays by the bed for the linens. Personally, a favorite scent.
Our room had a small patio (no view) with two chairs which worked out perfectly as the weather was nice & we liked having a simple breakfast outside before venturing out. There was an espresso machine in the room & we'd bring in croissants to have with our coffees in the a.m.
The staff we encountered were all very nice & helpful.

I was unsure about the location as before I stayed on the Ile St. Louis which is a perfect location. There is a close metro stop & plenty of cabs are available just around the corner in front of the larger hotel. I enjoy walking in Paris, so I didn't mind the longer walks from the hotel to the area of the Louvre...

The only thing I would change about this hotel is I would pick it up & move it to the Ile St. Louis... I will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple