“Baking class with Chef Pino Ficara a must do in Paris!”

Cook' n With Class Paris
Ranked #3 of 180 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Cook'n with Class has been running a convivial French cooking school nestled in the heart of Montmartre, Paris since 2007. Come and discover French culture through a unique culinary experience with professionally-trained chefs & sommeliers. We propose small cooking classes, wine tasting, and food tours for only 6-10 students all in English. A hands-on and fun experience while learning a variety of French recipes & about French food culture. Come and join us for a delicious, educational experience!
Reviewed December 14, 2008

Our first time in Paris, we contacted Chef Eric Fraudeau via cook n' with class website and we chose the baking class with Pastry Chef Pino Ficara.

Our excellent Chef Pino Ficara instructed our class on how to bake Croissants, pan au chocolat, Madellines, and awesome pizza dough which we all made pizza's for lunch.

Very easy class, excellent instruction and lots of wonderful baked goods that we ate as well as took home with us that day.

Very worthwhile experience to learn traditional French baking techniques with a real bonifide French Chef.

Imagine that! My wife and I in Paris for the first time baking our own Croissants!

Baking class with Chef Pino Ficara a must do in Paris!

We will be baking Croissants this week in our home in Hawaii, We will definitely book another class when we return again to Paris.

Will & Christine Jenks- Mililani Hawaii

p.s. It was delicious!

1  Thank cjinternational
Write a ReviewReviews (1,982)
All reviews
"great class"
in 52 reviews
"duck breast"
in 30 reviews
"highly recommend cook'n with class"
in 24 reviews
in 155 reviews
"class size"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed December 5, 2008

My wife and I had a great time at Eric's class. The market tour was a nice learning experience, as Eric took the time to explain the differences between many of the ingredients we shopped for and what we're used to getting in the US.

The menu our group came up with turned out to be delicious - garden salad with sauteed mushrooms and duck breast, seared scallops with mussels and celery root mashed potatoes with a saffron cream sauce, a cheese course, followed by a molten chocolate cake with fresh berries for dessert. Everyone pitched in on different tasks to help make each course, and Eric complimented everything with perfectly matched wines.

We had some nice high end meals while we were in Paris, but none of them were any better than what we cooked ourselves in Eric's class.

We definitely recommend this experience to any foodies, or anyone interested in learning more of the cuisine and culture of France.

Reviewed December 3, 2008

We had an excellent time. My friend and I use cooking classes to put us in the heart of the local environment and get a real home culture feeling. Eric is local but has worked the world. His english was perfect and his food excellent. We shopped in the local markets and then cooked together in his very clean and bright ktichen. I recomend it to anyone who is either new at cooking or has years of experience. He makes sure that everyone gets something out of it and has a great time. Lisa from Buffalo NY.

Reviewed December 2, 2008

We just got back from a week's stay in Paris and though I've been to Paris a number of times before, this was one of the funnest and most educational things I've ever done. Not only that, but the meal we prepared with Eric was the best we had all week. I booked this based on great internet review for my husband, teenaged son and I. My husband and son were not initially enthusiastic when I told them about it, but both loved it! Eric goes out of his way to get everyone involved in the action. I cannot recommend this highly enough!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 2, 2008

I was a little hesitant about booking this class at first. We only had 4 days in Paris and I worried that a half day of cooking might take up our time. Wow am I glad that I decided to take this class. I love to cook, but I love to eat just as much. I can't think of a better way to experience French culture, than by it's cuisine.

My friend and I joined the morning class with the market tour, and it was quite the experience. After deciding on the days menu, we were off to class to cook and eat. Our husbands joined us for lunch after to sample what we learned- and they were absolutely impressed. Instead of receiving a taste of what we prepared, we absolutely stuffed ourselves on the best meal in Pairs. The food was delicious, Eric was charming, and the food was delicious...did I mention that already?

When we go back to Paris, I will definately take another class from Eric.