“Advanced Desserts Class”

$155.37*
French Desserts Cooking Class
Ranked #2 of 128 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Cook'n with Class has been running a convivial French cooking school nestled in the heart of Montmartre, Paris since 2007. Come and discover French culture through a unique culinary experience with professionally-trained chefs & sommeliers. We propose small cooking classes & gourmet tours for only 6-8 students all in English. A hands-on and fun experience while learning a variety of French recipes & about French food culture. Come and join us for a delicious, educational experience!
Dahlonega, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Advanced Desserts Class”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have two years of professional dessert baking experience with American style desserts. I wanted a class that would help me get to the next level. Chef Pino met all of my expectations and then some. He has a wealth of experience and is a great communicator. The class moved quickly, but we were not pushed. He is patient with the students and answers all questions even if they are outside of the bounds of the class. We prepared four traditional French dessert items that included all of the component preparation. He even showed us how to make puff pastry. Our desserts all looked and tasted great. The kitchen had all of the traditional equipment and even a blast chiller. The people at the school were very friendly and helpful in every way. I have been in many classes. This was the best.

2 Thank MountainCrawler

White Plains, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“So much fun--French cooking class in Paris!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My friend and I visited Paris for just a few days, but we wanted to do something out-of-the-ordinary. She came up with cooking classes! We compared the offerings of this establishment with those of another and decided to choose this one. We weren't disappointed! The building was in--maybe an "up and coming" area? But they are moving the classes soon to a new location. We took the French desserts class with Briony as our instructor. We made five amazing, yummy desserts. Originally, the class was supposed to be 2 hours long, but it went on for 4. That was fine for us, as we had no other plans for the afternoon, but keep that in mind if you are planning to do something else after class. The instructor was so nice and she gave us lots of tips. The only downside I would say is that she said she would email us the recipes, but I haven't received mine yet. I sent a follow-up email after returning to the U.S., but am still awaiting them...

1 Thank MedBioChem
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for kids!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our daughters loved the kids dessert class, and parents learned a lot of tips too. Can't wait to try these at home. Merci!

2 Thank HaveKidsWillGo
orange county
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Paris and Cook'n with Class...best of both worlds.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recommend “A Week in Paris” for any beginner who wants to get into baking or anyone who has been baking and wanting to learn more. I fall into category of the former. I’ve been cooking for many years but have recently taken an interest in baking to add to my kitchen skills. This is also my 3rd time in Paris and I’ve seen most of the major sights so on this trip I decided to fulfill a longtime dream of taking a cooking/baking class in Paris. I picked Cook’n with Class because they offered this week-long package which worked perfectly with my plans. I am so happy that I did! The package included a macaron class (you’ll have a deeper appreciation for the macaron after going though the process of making it), bread making class (French baguette, brioche), baking class (croissants, pain au chocolat, pain au raisin, Danish pastries), French desserts class (we made 5 desserts!), and the Evening Market class. Each class ran for 3 hours, except for the market class which lasted 5-6 hours.

Everyone I came across with at Cook’n With Class were nice and friendly; all the chefs, the people coming in and out of the place (possibly the owners) and the kitchen staff. But I have to give a special thanks to both chef Patrick and chef Alex for doing a spectacular job at teaching. They were highly efficient, gave out straightforward instructions, and funny! The place, albeit small (though I hear they are moving to a bigger place), is nice; well lit and well-equipped, clean and nicely decorated.

Each student gets a turn in the different steps required in completing a recipe. You are not given pen and paper to take down notes because all recipes are emailed to you. So if you are note-taker like I am, I would suggest keeping your cellphone or small camera in your apron pocket to take photos or videos to document the important points. (just remember to wash your hands again before you knead the dough!)

The price was well worth it. They never skimped on the quality of the ingredients, they offered you good coffee when you come in for the morning classes, and when it was time to sample our hard work, they served wine, excellent cheeses, and good quality butter (but this is France, their butter is always tastes better) to go with it.

I had an absolute great time attending the classes and by the end of the week, I received a certificate of attendance and an apron. Best memory of this experience: walking back to my apartment in Montmartre, carrying that perfectly baked baguette thinking, “I made this!”

Bonne continuation, Cook’n With Class!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank tntonthego01
Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Great Ending to a Great Trip!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We started out at the market going from the fromage shop to the butcher shop to the seafood market to yet another market for fresh veggies and fruit to the bakery and to the cooking studio! Whew...if that wasn't enough we still had cooking to do! Lol. Alex was our chef and was WONDERFUL and very knowledgable about FRENCH CHEESE lol. Of course other things as well, but the stop at the cheese shop was amazing and it only got better from there. We learned so much about French food and culture. It was truly an amazing experience. I passed on the butcher shop because I don't eat any meat only fish, but it was still very interesting to learn about checking for freshness. Did I mention he had me filleting WHOLE fish? Lol because it was my birthday I was the chosen one lol. But it was great from start to finish. Everything tasted amazing and we all did it as a team. I could go on and on, but this review would turn into an essay. Lol but if you love food and culture this is a must-do! So sad we had to leave the next day and head back to the states, but this was certainly a great way to end an amazing trip in Paris. Thanks Alex!

Visited April 2013