“great family experience”

and up
French Desserts Cooking Class
Ranked #2 of 163 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Cook'n with Class has been running a convivial French cooking school nestled in the heart of Montmartre, Paris since 2007. Come and discover French culture through a unique culinary experience with professionally-trained chefs & sommeliers. We propose small cooking classes & gourmet tours for only 6-8 students all in English. A hands-on and fun experience while learning a variety of French recipes & about French food culture. Come and join us for a delicious, educational experience!
Toronto
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“great family experience”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband, myself, and 2 teenage daughters loved our macaron baking class. The location was easy to find and the kitchen was pleasant. We learned a lot while having fun in a laid back atmosphere. The macaron that we baked and took away were actually really delicious. Would recommend this to others.

1 Thank 123hat

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worth every euro and then some...”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My daughters and I took Ivy's dessert class on our last day in Paris. Got a lot of hands on experience and some really good tips. Ivy made the instructions very easy to understand and we had a blast...not to mention a lot of really yummy stuff to take away.

2 Thank Vegasmom512
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect, but this was one of my favorite experiences during my recent 11 day visit to Paris. I took the bread-baking class, and Chef Alex taught me more in three hours than I had imagined there was to know about baking bread. It was fun, hands-on, and substantive, too. If you are at all interested in cooking or baking, you'll be really happy with this experience. After our implausibly-beautiful bread came out of the oven, we shared it with some beautiful cheese and wine that was included in the price.

I loved the whole thing.

1 Thank Richard W
Chicago, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Super impressive, pro cooking skills not required”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was one of the best things I've ever done in Paris. The tour at the beginning of the day demystified French cheese shops, fish stands, meat shops and vegetable stands, and I will feel much more confident shopping there in the future. Alex, the chef, was a patient and excellent teacher. He also had a good sense of humor. Amateur cooks can do fine in this class; none of the duties was too difficult. We made some pretty impressive food that I'll be able to reproduce at home. But beyond the recipes, I learned important techniques, such as properly caramelizing onions, braising fennel, sautéing mushrooms, how to fillet a fish, how to cook a piece of fish so the skin is crispy and the fillet flat, how to render the fat from a duck breast, how to ensure a high soufflé, and other techniques. The food and wine is included in the price of the class, and the meal we cooked and then ate would have easily cost 60 euro at a nice restaurant. The class lasted 6 1/2 hours, longer than expected because of the rain and because it was the Saturday before Christmas. Don't book anything right after this class or you may miss it. I can't recommend this class highly enough!

1 Thank JaneJHirt
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Market class - deliciousness!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We started our 3 week stay in Paris with a market class through Cooking with Class. Our trusty chef and guide Constance was knowledgeable, patient and fun! She patiently explained the differences between cheeses, why the French leave the feet on their chickens when purchasing from the butcher, how to clean fresh scallops and how to fillet a rabbit saddle. The menu was designed to accommodate our group's tastes - 4 of us wanted rabbit, while 2 were a little more cautious and decided on chicken - and to take in the best seasonal produce. After shopping at the local artisinale cheesery, bakery and fishmongers we went back to the cooking school to put together our lunch. The set up is clean, modern and well equipped - the recipes designed to be reproduced at home.

A delicious experience all round with a wonderful chef and instructor. Thank you Constance!

2 Thank Tania R