“Average hotel”

Ranked #19 of 161 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Austin, Texas, United States
“Average hotel”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Average hotel overall. The one thing to be aware of is hidden costs with this hotel. We felt that they were not up front on charges that cost us nearly 400 euros more. I would avoid this hotel. There are far too many good hotels in Paris that you should stay with that are not looking to take advantage of tourists.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the end of 4-5 weeks on the road and were disappointed from the moment we walked in the door until we left. I'm surprised by the reviews being so +'ve about this hotel. Firstly they say it's a fully equipped kitchen. Well.... No griller, no oven, no toaster, plates are too big for the dishwasher. Power points are not fitted properly and falling out of the wall in more than one location. The lifts worked about half the time and not when we were lugging our 20kg+ bags up three flights of stairs. Thankfully the hotel did this for us. One of our friends was staying in the hotel as well and she's on the north side of seventy and climbing four flights of stairs was not her favourite pastime.

A summary of the place is that it's a cheap fit out and it's starting to show with a bit of superficial wear. The official website has some really good photos and I really respect the skill of the photographer.

Good area for convenience, but not very Parisienne. Stayed in Saint Germain last time and what a difference. Felt like I was in Paris when staying in Saint Germain, but this feels more like shopping centre with all the international shops around here.

No boulangerie in sight, but good supermarket nearby. No clothes washing facilities in the apartment, and no washing facilities in the hotel (worst of both worlds) and nothing nearby either. The staff told us where one was, but it wasn't there. After an hour of walking around in the Parisienne sun we found it only to discover it closed in under 30 minutes (bugger).

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2CVEngine
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I really liked this hotel which had a lot to do with our room - high floor and at the back of the hotel away from the street noise. I thought it was reasonably spacious by Paris standards!
First thing to be aware of is that this hotel is on a narrow one way street. Our cab reversed quite aways to drop us off, was a little hairy. Reception were pleasant and professional. Our room was clean, bright, the beds were very comfortable (kids were happy with singles in the lounge) and the a basic kitchen useful for simple self catering, Wi-Fi was good and free. Be aware that the closest metro station - Saint Lazare is a labrynth, I would go to the next station (all most the same walk from the hotel) to avoid getting hopelessly lost on your return journey by choosing the wrong exit of which there are many!

Our room was serviced very late - after 5pm. Lots of restaurant options near by and good shopping; not as atmospheric as the St Germain area but quite OK and easy to access the Metro to get to the sites. Exception being Eiffel Tower - a cab home might be a good idea if you want to avoid 3-4 different train lines late at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JodieTravel01
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Was there got 3nites with my family of 4adults. We booke done room with a sofa bed..upon arrival, they upgraded us to 2connecting room at a no fee charge. Pictures as shown in the review, nice and clean. Bedding is cosy alto the Aircond don't really work most the time. We tot to have cool air from outside by opening the window, ended up alot of entertaining music and shouting coming from the street no matter day or night or midnite..that's the only problem we have so far. Else than that, the hotel give us real comfort with such a strategic location and such a good price. Ideally for family who have kids..they have mini kitchen( beware of their kettle, we found it has some stain after water boiled). For the surrounding, ideal for shoppers who want to shop from day to night and plenty of cafe nearby. They do have buffet breakfast but of cos at a cost which we preferred to go out fun for other more interesting foods. Greatest news is the metro is just right next to the hotel. It is a recommended hotel apt and ill definitely back for visit if I am in Paris.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank coolblue2071
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Its a problem that tripadvisor's ratings are a little too rigid. I hesitate to give a very good rate, but this place is definitely better than average. Just not very good. I stayed here for a week in June and the location was awesome. Tucked just right behind Printemps, it is the best location for a shopaholic (like me). However, when I first moved in, I had a nasty surprise when I found dried brown stuff stuck on the toilet seat. YUCK. Very scary indeed. Also, the shower head was not working very well and switches from super hot to super cold at one slight twitch of the knob.

For my package, they only service the room every 4 days. However, I was pleased to note that they do an express cleaning every 2 days so it was okay. The room is slightly bigger than the one at Hotel Jules (which I stayed previously). Like its name, it is a sort of hybrid between hotel and apartment, having a tiny kitchenette which allows you to cook. However I wouldn't suggest that unless you want to stink up the whole room.

The selection of tv programs are limited as most of them are in French. The plus point is that there is super fast internet connection here so I could stream programs on the iPad. No complaints there! Staff are very pleasant and polite. With a decent selection of items at breakfast buffet table, my stay was pretty good. I felt that the selection of eateries around the area is not that good, but that could be just my personal preference. The hotel is also very near the metro, about 3 minutes walk away. May want to be careful when coming back late at night as quite a few (homeless and dodgy) people hang around in that area. No offence, I was hassled by one when I got home at 11 on one night. Due to the air show in Paris, my room cost 191 euros per night! That's quite crazy, but I may consider staying again during an off peak season next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank fuzzyspit
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We wanted a place that has decent room, good front desk, good breakfast, good location. Went there with 2 kids. Stayed for a week. Had a one bedroom apt which is really two rooms. Plus a kitchenette. Decent sized rooms. The front desk was efficient. If you are from the US or from a small town, it takes getting used to the curtness of the front desk. But once you learn to navigate it, they are a great resource. Location is good. Lots of walkable restaurants. Grocery store next door. Lots of metro stations. I was surprised that the breakfast was not part of the room price. Its quite expensive. This is not their fault, so I won't ding them for it. Making it a little more obvious that breakfast is not free would be nice.

If you are heading here on vacation, I would recommend this highly. I loved Paris and part of the credit certainly goes to our experience with our base at Residhome.

Room Tip: The city starts waking up at 6am so the street noise is going to wake you up. Not good or bad. Its j...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here in May 2013 for 4 nights after coming off a 7 night Seine river cruise. We were fortunate to have a corner apartment with a separate spacious bedroom and a very small kitchenette area. The apartment would be great for a family or people travelling together as the bathroom and toilet area are in separate rooms and the sofas in the living area convert to a double and a single bed. The kitchenette is very small with a microwave/grill combo oven, a ceramic cooktop and an underbench fridge so dont expect to make a roast dinner!! There is a monprix supermarket across the alleyway where you can buy anything you require. The apartment is very clean and tidy and the housekeeping staff are lovely. The apartment is located behind the Gallery Layfette department store and very close to all transport options. Some of the reception staff are not the most friendly in the world but perhaps we struck them on a bad week! The alleyway is pedestrian only so there isnt any real traffic noise and the windows are double glazed anyway. We enjoyed our stay here and would certainly stay again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple