Residhome Paris-Opera
  • Fitness center
$1,653
$1,182
  • Pool
All reviewssmall dishwasherlarge studiostudio roomrue caumartingreat locationmajor department storesaround the cornerroissy busapartment was cleangare st lazaregreat shoppingcoffee makermetro stationwalking distancestayed here for nightsgreat roomtravel agent
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed in a studio apartment @ Residhome ApartHotel Paris Opera April, 2012 for a week. The studio was a bit tight for 2 people, but the major advantage of this hotel, as in most reviews you have read, is the location. It is smack in the middle of Place du Opera - close to Galleries LaFayette, Printemps and the Opera Garnier, Boulevard Haussmann, Rue LaFayette, Iglise Madeleine. It's a quick walk to the St Augustine Metro and the RER Haussmann St Lazare Station (the hotel is right on top of one of the station's entry points - you cannot hear any rumblings or noise in your room). It's a commercial area (the stores, banks, offices, the Passage du Havre, the Monoprix) - and it's very quiet at night and completely safe (we are from NYC - we have a grip on danger zones). Yes, there are homeless people lurking about in the daytime, beggars at the St Augustine Church & grafitti across the street - no big deal! During the work week, the streets were loaded with office workers at lunch time and later for early cocktail hour just before they commute home. Back to our Residhome Opera hotel - it's very clean; they change your bath towels daily and they give you more than enough shampoo, soap, etc that we did not even use. There is a teeney, tiny kitchenette - to boil water for coffee and store water & snacks in the fridge. If I were a better mother, I would have cooked on the teeney, tiny stove but we mostly ate out! We were too jet lagged to take advantage of hotel breakfast - but the restaurant downstairs looked pleasant. The front desk staff are very professional, amiable, helpful, English fluent - they printed my boarding passes and ordered a taxi (65Euros + tip) to CDG on our last day. BTW, the Roissy Opera bus stop is very closeby - just check the to/from schedules - it's approx every 20 minutes and costs 10Euros one way. On Easter Sunday, most stores and markets were closed; it was not difficult to find brasseries & cafes open for eats. Easter Monday was a national holiday, stores & some cultural sites were open but closed earlier than normal schedule. Don't expect too much from this hotel - it's mostly for people who just need a clean place to stay and can manage themselves. There's no charm, just generic furnishings style. We asked for an inside (as opposed to street front) room and it was quite bright from natural light - thankfully, the drapes blacked out the strong sunlight so you can continue sleep mode as needed. The windows open for ventilation and you can control room temperature to stay comfortable. My only complaint: to make an international call, you need to ask the front desk to release the phone line in your room and you need a code to dial out. It would have been helpful @ check-in, to have this info. The elevator/lift worked well and it was never an issue during our stay. Have fun!

Room Tip: The entire area is very quiet so it's your choice if you want to see the street or the roof covered courtyard (no view of anything) from your windows.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MPNY
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Residhome is a very good option to stay at Paris city center. It is at a very excellent location. From there you can easily reach several train and metro stations, with access to most of the lines. Also it is easy to go from and to CDG-Roissy Airport - if you take the bus you can reach the hotel by foot in a 5-7 minute walk. the property is very well maintained and its facilities (room, bed, kitchen and bathroom) are very comfortable. I will surely stay there again and reccomend it to my friends.The only complaint I have is regarding the cleaning services which does not include the kitchen/food area of the room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank CSFilho
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Me on the phone: "Hello, i ordered room service over an hour a.."
Reception: [abruptly intterupts with disdain in his mouth]: "you need to come down to reception to order"
Me: "That is what i am trying to say, I ordered it over an hour ago could you.."
Receptionist: "I will call them straight away" [hangs up]

20 minutes later, the food comes along shoved at me by some cocksure young oik with nothing in the way of apology. I'm not an aggressive man but he was in dire need of a clip round the ear which I somehow avoided. For twenty-something pounds I was expecting a minor feast. What i got was a miniscule salmon sandwich, and a side order which, despite me checking were fries, were a measly packet of crisps that i would have swapped happily for a 10p pack of space invaders from my local costcutter. Oh, and slabs of thin pineapple in some sickly sauce. To be eaten with a teaspoon. A teaspoon!

The actual hotel is ok for the cash, but they've riled me with this pitiful attempt at room service. I will leave them alone now.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed at the Residhome Paris-Opera for two nights in Feb 2012. The staff on reception (manned 24 hrs) were welcoming, patient with my limited French (without being patronising and falling into English!) and extremely helpful. The suite, which included a double bedroom, sitting room with two sofas which could be turned into sofa-beds, bathroom and seperate WC, and a small kitchen area, was spotlessly clean. The area was very quiet, being off the main traffic run, but still very nearby to some great little restaurants and shops.
For me the only drawback was that the bathtaps and shower weren't very well fitted (leaked, couldn't switch properly between the two) and the bathplug didn't work properly. This was a small thing though, and I really appreciated having my own space at this hotel, rather than just a bedroom.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Helen P
Reviewed March 1, 2012

With high school graduation and an 18th birthday looming, a family trip to Paris seemed in order. Residhome Paris-Opera was brought to our attention by a travel agent after hearing our request that the property we were seeking needed to be clean, secure, comfortable, and staffed by friendly, patient professionals (our limited French required a LOT of patience). As noted in the title, this property was almost perfect. The staff were simply superior - our questions were always answered, thoroughly and patiently. They helped us confirm, or cancel, restaurant reservations. Metro maps, directions, recommendations - all offered with a smile.

The "apartment" was laid out with three single beds (one of which was converted from a couch) leaving us plenty of room to walk about. Bathroom was large enough for an adult woman and two 17/18 year old girls to share. The kitchen area, although small, was fully stocked and included a microwave, small dishwasher, fridge and sink.

The apartment is on a dead end, very small street so the usual traffic noises of a large city were not an issue. In fact, this is probably the quietest hotel I have ever visited. Serenely quiet.

Oh, and breakfast is included. Doesn't seem like a big deal but it was nice to be able to get up, head downstairs, and enjoy a nicely laid out buffet before taking on another day of touring the City of Lights.

So, why wasn't this perfect? The hallway off the elevator of our floor absolutely reeked. I do not understand it as the cleaning crew did a fabulous job in the room, and they were regularly vacuuming... But the smell was just awful. Fortunately, it was contained to the hall and did not seep into the room.

So, other than the need to make a quick dash to the room from the elevator, we were very pleased with this property and would return (smell and all!) in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family