Le Saint Hotel A Paris
Agoda.com
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
All reviewsquiet streetaux clercsdu preleft bankgreat locationgermain areade presbeautiful boutique hotelstay there againsmall hotelstaff was extremely helpfulstar hotelcommon areaswalking distancerooms are comfortableright bankan excellent hotel
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Me and my mother visited this charming fench hotel from july 8-12, and we loved it!

Location: The hotel is located only about a five minute walk to the Louvre and even closer to boulevard Saint-Germain where the famous cafés Cafe du Flore and Le Deux Magots where literary geniuses like Hemingway, Oscar Wilde and Simone de Beauvoir had a cup of coffee. On the boulevard there are pharmacies if you should need anything (marked with a green cross), also post offices and a FNAC store where you can by tickets to the Louvre (which we recommend!).
Other places in walking distance is Notre Dame - on the way there you can also visit the legendary bookstore Shakespeare and Company.
Around the neighborhood there are many different cafés, brasseries and restaurants for every meal of the day, there are also a couple of convenience stores called Proxi where you can buy beverages and snacks.

Service: As for the staff of the hotel I can't say more than fantastic. The all spoke English, but I do recommend you to use words like merci (thank you), bonjour (good day) etc. this is always appreciated!
Unfortunately my baggage got lost in Copenhagen and didn't receive it until 48 h later, even though the staff of the hotel was more than helpful with this. Because we didn't speak French we asked if the reception might call Air France Baggage Reclaim and sort things out, and they were more than happy to. He must have called 6 times and didn’t charge us for the calls.
The day before we went home we asked if they could order a taxi for us, and we got a very nice taxi with a very nice French man to drive us to CDG.
To sum up - they were the best!

Rooms: In Europe the rooms are often quite small so don't expect great big rooms, if you want that in Paris you'll have to cough up the dough. I think these rooms and the hotel is best suited for couples or any other travelers who come in pairs, like me and my mother.
Our room was on the top floor looking out towards the street. The street was not busy and very quiet during the night, a very charming street is all that I can say. As for the size of the room I thought it was adequate, not as small as some European hotel rooms are. There where extra pillows so that you could get two each, but I must point out that there were no comforters on the beds, just a sheet and a thick blanket, but that was alright because it was quite warm out.

Breakfast:
The breakfast was continental, you could get croissants, baguette with butter or marmalade, boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee and freshly pressed orange juice (there probably was more but we always ordered the same thing).

All in all we were extremely lucky to find such a good hotel to make our first trip to Paris as wonderful as it was.

Room Tip: Before our trip we e-mailed the hotel asking for a bigger room looking towards the street, we complemented the hotel and that we very much wished to stay there, it never hurts to be overly nice. If you also would like a bigger room we recommend you to do the same.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nina D
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have fallen in love with this hotel,
Very cute and charming place right in the center of Paris.
Close to Seine and most Parisian sight-seeings, like Louvre, Pantheon, St. German..
Room was very quiet
and reception attentive and helpful with advises, especially for choosing the place to go in the evening.

I have particularly appreciated the delicious Continental Breakfast served in my room...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel is warm and welcoming and the staff could not be nicer or more helpful!
While the rooms are quite small, the hotel was comfortable for friends spending time together as well as seeing Paris, which was incredibly easy from this excellent location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our experience of this hotel was soured by the fact that we had 150 euros stolen from our room on the last day. As we were leaving very early the next morning, the receptionist promised that the manager would call us as soon as we arrived in London the next day to discuss what had happened. We didn't hear back from the hotel and we found that the 150 euros had been promptly taken off our credit card.

I'd like to warn other travellers that this happened - even though we were careful and left the money in the safe. Whoever stole it must have had access to the safe and thought that by stealing a lesser amount of 150 euros (we had 720 euros in total stored in there) that we wouldn't notice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank maryhinks
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I had a very nice stay here in March. The staff are kind and very helpful and the hotel could not have a better location.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends