“Found a gem!”
Review of L'Empire Paris

L'Empire Paris
Ranked #362 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 24, 2009

We we're heading to Paris for a 3 night stay and stumbled across L'Empire.
Pleasantly surprised! Lovely modern, design hotel feel, great location, walk to the Louvre, the Seine. Nice sized room, very clean, although had an unpleasant odour from the bathroom.
Breakfast room nice and staff extremely friendly.
The concerns about the credit card also happened t myself, although I asked the staff upon check-in and was advised that the money would be released on my credit card upon my check-out. It happened the next day, so it was no issue.
I will stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 14, 2009

We arrived at the hotel very tired from our overnight flight from the US around 9:00 AM. Knowing check-in wasn't until 2:00 PM, we expected to wander Paris until we could get settled in. The day was very cold and rainy and the front desk clerk recognized we were exhausted. He was able to get our room ready by 10:00 AM. He made us very comfortable in the lobby and when our room was ready, they had already taken our baggage and had the room completely ready for us to relax. Later that night, the nighttime front desk clerk realized we were hungry (Almost midnight). We didn't have our bearings yet and he personally escorted us to the nearest sandwich shop and convenience store for a midnight snack.

The front desk staff helped us find our way everywhere we wanted to go giving us tips and great directions. They were able to speak English and guided us using maps and detailed directions. We were provided umbrellas when it was raining and we were always greeted with a smile when we returned. The staff made us feel right at home.

This hotel is very centrally located, a block from the Louvre, metro station, and other historic sites. We walked everywhere because of the location.
My wife and I were weary to stay in a smaller boutique hotel, but the experience here could not be beat. We have stayed in a number of 5 star hotels in the US but this small hotel put them all to shame.

The room size was just fine and very clean. Turndown service is provided and the chocolates were wonderful. If you are staying for more than a day or two, unpack to make more room. A safe is provided in the room and free Wi-Fi was easily accessible and fast. The bathroom was spacious and the bed very comfortable. We stayed on the third floor with an interior room overlooking a courtyard. There was construction next door, but we had no problem noise.

We decided not to eat at the small restaurant; it was pricey and had a limited selection. We were able to find many other local bakeries’ close by for coffee and pastries for a lot less.

The next time we are in Paris we'd definitely stay here again. Thank you L'Emipre Hotel for making our trip even more special.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Paris is for us a 3-hour drive, so we came by car :) to Paris.

Upon arrival at the hotel they asked the car key and parked our car in a private parking, took our luggage to the room and in no-time we were ready for the city. The entree and reception lookes modern and with nice and friendly staff.
The room (suite 'Ney') could be some bigger but it was very clean and surely lookes like a 4 star hotelroom suppose to look. The bed was very nice and comfortable (not to hard, not to soft) so we had a good night sleep.
The hotel is located near Rue de Rivoli with many nice (payable) shops and a bigger metro station (Chatelet) so we were able to travel by metro very fast through Paris.
The cafe 'Le Fumior' is nearby Le Louvre and nearby the hotel, we went there for a little snack and a degistif at night. It's a jazz modern grand cafe with beautiful Parisien and good sized menu (6 rue de l'amiral Coligny).
The day we left we checked out in the early morning and had a final walk trough the city, we left the luggage in the hotel and when we came back to get out luggage and the car, they allready took care of it and parked our car -with luggage already in the car- outfront. It's just how service should be: good, simple and with a smile.
Later on this year we will go back to Paris and stay in this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2009

We stayed at this lovely boutique hotel from 2nd - 5th January. We had a superior room on the 3rd floor, which included an excellent breakfast in our tariff.

The room was comfortable, very spacious and clean with lovely fittings, and nice bathroom with dressing gowns and slippers.

The whole place was spotless, and every member of staff we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful.

Its not often that I can say I truly would recommend a hotel, but I do with this one.( And there is usually something to find fault with, but not with this hotel)

It is in a lovely part of Paris and very convenient for the Louvre, metro and batobus.

I have read reviews on this site and others, and some people have complained about the noise from the street experienced in rooms on the lower floors, so do request a high floor. We heard no noise at all.

When next we go to Paris I wont look for anywhere else to stay
but the Hotel L'empire.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2009

The hotel has a lot of plus factors but regular maintenance is not one of them.
One of the bedside lamps was clearly fawlty as it blew twice setting off the trip switch...no one seemed to care.
The bedroom window had a sign stuck to it saying it was broken and should not be opened....so fix it!
The shower was broken and had damaged /cracked the bath which was patched in a very amatuer fashion...the good news is they did fix the shower.
But don't get too excited as hot water is only available sporadically. If you get up too late or want a bath/shower before dinner you may well be out of luck if the other guests have got there before you.
I think at these prices they should fix their faults and provide constant hot water.
This could be a really good hotel with just a bit more attention to detail but right now I advise you go somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 14, 2008

Bad experience for 3 reasons.

1. The room we were given was in the basement next to the cleaners room so we were woken up at 6 o'clock in the morning.

2. The room was freezing cold because the heater was not working. What made this worse was the fact that the staff and management were aware that the heating was not working and in December when its below zero its not acceptable.

3. I pre-paid £200 for my room months ago so i should have not paid anything on my room. I got home to find they had taken a pre-authorization amount of £1008.71. If i had not checked my internet banking i would have not realised they had taken this money.

Overall a poor hotel, over priced, cold and a bad experience.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
8  Thank MickBarrs
Reviewed November 23, 2008

I stayed in this hotel before as I love the location, but I left with mixed feelings this time on the room, service and facilities:

- The king size bed is actually two twin beds next to each other (and you can feel the gap). Not as comformatble as the full bed.
- The hotel is seriously understaffed. I arrived at 3:00 PM to check-in, and had to wait another half hour for the room to be ready. I also asked for a chair to e brought in, and never received one despite 3 calls to reception. Their answer was: "we don't have enough staff".
- facilities: very basic. It does has that "Bed & Breakfast" feel, but with a much higher cost!

Bottom line is: I probably won't be back again. There is lots of choice in Paris and I think you can get a lot better value for money elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business