“Perfect spot in Paris”
Review of La Villa Paris

La Villa Paris
Ranked #4 of 135 Paris B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My fiancé & I reunited in Paris after he'd been working overseas for a month. La Villa Paris is an ideal destination, conveniently located within walking distance of train stations, restaurants, and other sights. We had a lovely room overlooking the park, especially considering that there were snow flurries during our entire stay. There were many recent renovations to the room (the shower was amazing!). However, if you need completed darkness to sleep, I recommend bringing an eye pillow with you, as there are only sheer curtains over the windows.

Upon our arrival, Marie kindly made us tea to warm up and gave us maps & her recommendations for restaurants and other places of interest (even though she wasn't feeling well). Alex prepared our breakfast the next morning & was a great conversationalist. She even kind enough to prepare us a to-go breakfast on our final morning, as our train to London left before we could eat on-site.

This is a perfect place to stay in Paris...you still get many of the perks of a large historical city without the touristy nonsense.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WineBooksWanderlust

Reviewed February 10, 2013

La Villa is a lovely place to stay. Very centrally located within Zone 1 - perfect! The staff are lovely and very welcoming. Alex was great in Marie's absence. Highly recommended! It is very clean and the breakfast is more than enough to keep you going all day. Thank you so much!!

Room Tip: Bastille room was perfect - all rooms have black out shutters which are amazing!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at "La Villa Paris" for 3 nights for my birthday in January 2013 and our experience from start to finish was outstanding!!! I purposely picked a B&B instead of a hotel because I like the personal service, Maria and Alex did not fail to deliver!

The communication prior to our arrival was excellent with maps and details provided to make sure we could find our way to the "La Villa Paris" location in the south of Paris.

On arrival we were made to feel very welcome and Maria was always on hand to help plan our day with various resources made available to us including free WiFi.

The room was very clean and tidy with modern decor which over looks a quiet family park. Located near multiple Metro stations that are within walking distance making it an ideal location for travelling around Paris................................

Room Tip: We stayed in the Concorde room... The room was very clean and tidy with fantastic decor and some stu...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katie A
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a great B & B in Paris, especially if you want a lovely room, with beautiful bedding and a great bathroom and a very generous breakfast, not to mention the most gorgeous, intelligent, vivacious and up to date hostess, Marie, and her fabo assistant, Alex. We found all and more of our questions re what is happening in Paris were answered.
It is a little out of town, which can be good, but tres easy by bus or for those who like walking, close to the metro.
If you are interested in jewellry, ask Marie where she buys her earrings in the Marais and if you love art, ask her about the Zadkine Museum.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mkmSydney
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at la villa for 3 nights in January. What a gem! Outside central Paris but only a short metro trip means the best of both worlds - enjoy all the sights of Paris and escape to a quiet safe neighborhood at night. The room I stayed in was immaculate - warm, super quiet, very clean and the comfiest bed - I slept so well! Marie and Alex are fantastic hosts. Delicious breakfast awaited me every morning thanks to Alex, and Marie would chat about my plans for the day and provided great advice. I felt so welcome which made my stay all the more enjoyable. This really is a wonderful place to stay in Paris and I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Susan P
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Spent a week here while exploring Paris with my 12 year old daughter who has been studying French since she was 5yrs old. Not only were the accommodations very comfortable, the locations gave us a chance to feel like we were part of the "real" Paris and away from the tourist crowds. Our daily walk to the Metro station was a great chance to talk before heading out to explore Paris.

Above all, Marie and Alex where extremely helpful with suggestions including some places that were "off the map". One of our best days was a trip to "Parc des Buttes Chaumont" on May Day when everything in Paris was closed. Had it not been for their guidance we would have never found that gem!

Marie and Alex also took time to talk with my daughter in French every morning and when they found out she was in ballet suggested a visit to the Repetto store where she bought her most cherished souvenir of the trip.

I tell everyone I know about La Villa Paris!

Geoff
in Vancouver, Canada

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank gteoli
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Worthy of it's No.1 rating. My wife and I spent our honeymoon here in December 2012. The room was warm, clean and comfortable. Our Bathroom with jacuzzi was bigger than some hotel rooms we have stayed in. However the main thing that makes this place stand out are all the small touches from Maria and Alex. They both made us really welcome during our stay and made every effort to be friendly and helpful. I was a little worried about the location being out of the centre, however, metro and RER are 12-15 walk from Cite universite or Place d'italie and there is a bus stop right outside that you can use travel card with. Thank you La Villa, Simon & Amanda

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple