“Most amasing ever”
Review of Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed
Ranked #128 of 671 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Tumbleweed is a thimble-sized shop in the Marais, near the place des Vosges. Since 1989, we've carried an orignal and ever-changing selection of quality toys, crafts and design. At the moment, we've got handmade wooden toys and puzzles for children. Beautifully-balanced spinning tops for children or collectors. And a great selection of diabolical brain teasers for engineers and geeks! For the kitchen, we have quirky English tea towels and "very French" French ones. Spatulas in the shape of Venus de Milo and a Picasso dancer! And for babies: handpuppets in organic cotton, strawberry hats, and our ever-popular leather slippers in super-cool designs. Welcome to Tumbleweed!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most amasing ever”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This was truely a great experience! The shop is small but what it lacks in quantity it makes up for in charm and qualty! The lady who owns it is the sweetst person youll met in paris ! this is absolutly a must for anybody!!!!!

1 Thank Mads L

Racine, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Toy store for all”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I saw Lynn's video on line and our first day in Paris we happened by and went it. What a delightful place....only wish I had bought more of her small cloth boxes. This is a must for adults and children!
Lts

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ConRich106
Lynn R, Owner at Tumbleweed, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear ConRich,

I just realised that you are the person who ordered more of the beautiful Maron Bouillie textiles last month!

When your review came out I thought, «What a coincidence about the cloth boxes» but I never made the connection. In fact, I had 3 mail orders in July... all for the soft boxes or shopping bags.

So, thank you so very much for the review and the 5 stars!

Lynn
New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Lots of fun!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Lynn Rovida is the proprietor of this tiny toy and game and puzzle shop. You can see a delightful video of her in her shop on YouTube.
Lynn clearly loves all her products and delights in showing them to you and watching you struggle to solve what appear to be simple puzzles. These are all unique toys made from wood. We ended up buying one for each of our kids.

Visited May 2013
Lynn R, Owner at Tumbleweed, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear mikeandbarb,

I’m glad you liked the shop and our «diabolical» puzzles!

It’s true that I do like to share with my customers the pleasure of playing with these beautiful handmade toys. It’s even better when customers join in the fun and enjoy themselves during their visit!

Thank you for your kind review and I hope to see you again soon.

Lynn
Belgrade, Serbia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“The most unbeleivable little shop”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

If in Paris, you will shurely visit Louvre, Musee D' Orsay etc. But you will not find this gem unless you've heard about it from someone. This is the most unbeleivable little shop I've ever been into. It is a kind of staff that one can only find in Paris.
However it is difficult to explain what they sell, but I will try: a/ wooden puzzles - extremely beautiful and intelligently designed b/ dolls c/ other gadgets of indescribable nature
A must visit if you are in Paris!
their web site: tumbleweedparis.com

Visited October 2011
cambridge
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Favorite shop in Paris!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

OK - So we'd done the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame and I was ready for lunch but my 8 year old son had found Tumbleweed researching before we hit Paris and we were ordered there before I could have a beer. Good call. We LOVE this shop and went bonkers buying beautiful wooden box puzzles. The American lady that runs it is brilliant value and very enthusiastic. Thoroughly recommend it....and Le Royal Turenne was good for lunch just down the road!

Visited March 2012