“pretty good in the Marais”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Caron

Hotel Caron
Ranked #470 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“pretty good in the Marais”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This small hotel is very well located in the Marais. The rooms are small, as are most rooms in Paris, but it's very modern and sleek and has a new bathroom. Not everything worked perfectly especially the shower which had a rain shower head I could never figure out how to turn on. About fifteen steps from the hotel is a small square St. Catherine, with loads of quite good cafes and brasseries which serve good food. the staff were very helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: we stayed twice during this trip and both rooms were good, with walk in showers
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I spended couple of days at Caron in Le Marais, nice atmosphere in this cosy hotel, very good location near a nice small square full of small restaurants. Very gentle staff, even when we ask breakfast at room out off time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was my second stay at Hotel Caron, and I came back for a reason. The staff is very friendly and very welcoming. The rooms are small but very comfortable. And the location in Le Marais cannot be beat. Very cose to the metro stop. Overall, a very good choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. Yes the rooms are a bit on the small side but I hear that is common in Paris. However, they were clean and comfortable and fresh. The staff are lovely, really helpful. The location is the best part. The Marais is fantastic, just love it. This hotel is so close to St Paul metro which makes it an excellent choice. The only thing that bothered me in the slightest is that when the door of the next room slammed shut it was REALLY loud. The people next to our room got in pretty late both nights we were there and the door slamming behind them was horrendous ( in the design there are two rooms very close to each other) It's jsut something that I think management could look into as it is the only thing I have to complain about. I would still stay here again though, apart from this small issue it was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Been here on a biz trip on my own (as usual, unfortunately!). I believe this is a well run and pleasant boutique hotel at a relatively good price for downtown Paris. It's located in a historical mason, nicely refurbished to offer modern rooms. The position is excellent, the staff helpful and you're just 2 minutes apart from Place de Vosges.
The room is relatively small (as you'd expect in similar hotels in Paris). Nicely organised and extremely well kept, though.
Breakfast is served in a sort of cellar in the basement. Really interesting to see how nicely it has been refurbished with the creative use of glass and mirrors.
I would definitively recommend for a romantic get away of for ones, like myself, who hate staying at branded hotels in La Defense (allow 40 minutes to get there by metro in the morning, if you really need to!).

Room Tip: I've stayed in somenwhere in the high floors overlooking the street. Noise was ok and I liked th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I would have to say that this is a little goldmine for Paris, and i hope that i can still get a booking when i travel to Paris. The staff her make it pretty special. Sandra, is the most amazing hotel staff member i have ever met. Nothing is too difficult and she goes out of her way to make your stay amazing. I have since recommended a number of friends of mine to stay here and they have all had great things to say about this place. One of the airlines lost my luggage for 4 days, and let me tell you Hasum (not sure of spelling) was on the phone to them at least twice a day to track the progress as was Sandra as well. I was please to receive the call from them that the bags had arrived. The rooms are fantastic and the most comfortable beds. Would definately recommend this hotel. Best part is the mini bar is free and so are the movies.

Room Tip: Middle rooms are larger.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I searched probably two dozen hotels on line and thru Trip Advisor, friends, Fodor's and Frommers before deciding on this little gem in Marais. I was trying to surprise my wife for her 50th and we had never been to Paris. She's a bit high maintenance and I probably am too. Also, we are not hugely accomplished world travelers. So, we usually like all the "safe" comforts of home. But Caron really completely exceeded our expectations!!! Perfect location off Rue de Rivoli on quiet little street right next to a small, tucked away square with about 5 or 6 little restaurants, including an Italian restaurant, asian food and a chocolatier, cozy lights in the trees and benches. It was like our own little personal square. 10 min walk to Place des Vosges and Bastille and 1 minute walk to the St. Paul metro station with lots of shopping along the way or the other way towards Louvre. Rooms were stylish/updated with rain shower head and hand shower head, wifi, in-room safe, cool lighting system, 110/220 outlet and blowdryer, etc. There was a mini bar without alcohol which was refilled daily for Free and l'occitane products n the bath. now for the best: just really incredible service from the front deck staff!!!!! there is only one person on staff and no concierge or other people around. I was a little anxious about this when I initially called to get their help in making restaurant reservations. NOT TO WORRY! Sandra made all my lunch and dinner reservations for me---all 6 days/nights!!! some of the places i requested were closed or booked and she suggested others- which were awesome. Hassan and Tahar were also helpful and even put on a friendly smile every time when I couldn't understand their French-accented English or when I was just a total helpless tourist. Sandra even translated for me (via phone) when I was trying to return some shoes I had purchased. Then she committed to take my shoes back to the store for me after I went back to the US when the store was open again. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! When has a hotel staff person ever done something like that, especially not getting paid for it??? Loved these folks and the hotel!!! They do offer breakfast every day but we never took advantage_ just didn't work out for us. I did go down to see the dining area though and it was really quaint. only negative was there wasn't a shower door, just a glass partition that didn't cover the whole shower area so water usually sprayed on the bathroom floor. no big deal though. Love this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple