Hotel Le 20 Prieure
$229
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$163
$198
$183
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
$130
$394
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsoberkampf metrola pharmacierepublique areaaround the cornerrequested a quiet roommodern hotelcroissantstriple roomcanal st martinstay there againside streetquiet streetbig bathroomfree wifiquiet at nightstayed here for nightsthe air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Me and my wife stayed here in December for 3 nights. It is a small Hotel and the rooms aren't very big but they are just big enough for our liking. This is not a upscale Hotel but I would choose to stay again. The value for the room was worth it and the room itself was clean and had a very comfortable bed! We stayed in a room that had a balcony to the street which was nice. The LOCATION was very nice. Many restaurants nearby and two Metro stops. The staff was very friendly upon arrival and when we checked out. W e felt safe at all times of the night. We would recommend this hotel to other travelers who do not need the ultimate upscale hotel but can do with a quaint place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
le20prieure, Directeur général at Hotel Le 20 Prieure, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Hotel 20 Prieuré.

We were very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in a near future, please receive our kindest regards.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Can't rate this place highly enough. Firstly the staff are knowledgeable, friendly and polite; always on had with information on how to get to places and decent places to eat. The hotel itself is two mins away from the Republique Metro station which is amazing for getting around Paris. The room was great. Nice and clean, quiet and comfortable. Honestly, just a really good hotel experience, if I ever go to Paris again I'd stay here no questions. Can't think of a single bad thing to say about the place or the staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 402. Quiet, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Our team would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Hotel20 Prieure.

We were very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We spent 3 nights at Le 20 Prieure hotel and will be sure to come there again next time. Rooms were small but tidy, staff was helpful and location good.
Breakfast was was good enough after we learned how to boil our own eggs. The breakfastroom had plenty of machines to make your caffee, tea and eggs. The young lady in the kitchen was very kind and helpful to teach us(diffrerent from the young man). So, remember to look at your watch when you put the eggs into the hot water. But still,13 euros is too much for this breakfast.

Room Tip: Room 502 has a nice balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Our team would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Hotel 20 Prieuré.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and we have took in consideration you commentary on our buffet breaksfast.

we hope to receive you during your next stay in Paris.

kind regards

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Located mere blks from Place de La Republique square, Le 20 Prieure is conveniently tucked away just about mid block on Rue Du Grand Prieure. It is easily accessible by metro (nearby station is Republique--servicing some of the cities popular lines) and a fairly adequate boutique establishment that offers customers the necessities at relatively affordable rates.
Its quick access to thumping neighborhoods like Le Marais (walking distance) and other sights of interest in the area earns it major marks.

Front desk attendants greeted me warmly upon my entrance as I checked in and it was fairly straightforward, quick and easy. As a solo traveler I'd booked a single room and the space was quite adequate for one, perhaps two. Initially I was on the second floor (or first by European standards) facing the street but asked to be moved because I feared I might encounter some noise at night. I was easily accommodated. It did seem like a fairly quiet street however, though didn't want to take the chance.
I was moved a couple floors up to a room that faced towards the rear of the building and that worked out well.
The bed in the room was comfortable and quite roomy; I'd say likely a full size bed. There was a small workstation, closet, and safe for your personal belongings present. Wifi is available and complimentary, so check with the front desk staff for login credentials.

Breakfast is offered in the dinning room on the bottom floor of the hotel. If you've booked your reservation through a third party and it doesn't explicitly state that this is included in your reservation then it should be understood that it'll likely be a separate charge. And It's a bit steep, in my opinion, for an establishment of this nature. Not to worry there are tons of eateries in the neighborhood.

I recommend Le 20 Prieure for it's location, proximity to public transportation, comfort, and points of interest in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank theflyinggazelle
le20prieure, Directeur général at Hotel Le 20 Prieure, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your nice comment regarding our front desk staff. We always do our best to help improve our guests' stay however they can.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you for your next stay in Paris.

kind regards

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for three nights in early January. We had a triple room for me and two teenage daughters. The room was small, typical for hotels in central Paris, but there was enough room for our carry-on bags and backpacks. The room was clean. Windows had good soundproofing, but the hotel is situated on a quiet street half a block from a major avenue de Republique. There are two Metro stations within a 5 min walk from the hotel, and most major attractions can be reached within 10-20 minutes. Glad I did not choose a hotel in the Latin quarter, which was my second closest ( and more expensive) choice - that area is very loud, touristy and filled with cheap, poor quality restaurants. The time spent on Metro can become somewhat long, especially if you are trying to take a break from sightseeing in the afternoon. The front desk staff was always courteous, friendly and everyone spoke excellent English. Breakfast was available and looked OK - but my girls wanted to eat crepes every morning, and we found a small
hole-in-the-wall boulangerie a few blocks away where they ate 3 days in the row. No reservations about staying at this hotel again - just realize this is a 3 star property in the heart of Paris - don't expect the amenities you would associate with similarly rated US hotels. It's basic, clean, convenient and delivers what it promises - good rest at night after a busy day of sightseeing. If you need a more luxurious property, I would look near the Champs Elysees or Opera area and expect to pay 2-3 times more. That will get you closer to the major tourist sites and luxury shopping and cut down on the time spent on Metro.

Stayed: January 2014