“Great for it's value”
Review of Jeff Hotel- Paris

Jeff Hotel- Paris
Ranked #1,519 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Everything was all right.
Hotel is not far from metro stations on the 2 different lines. Opera is in 10 minutes afoot.
The rooms are small, but there was enough space. No questions to cleanness. The towels were changed everyday if dropped on the floor. The breakfasts were the same, but fresh and tasty - small loaf, croissant, salami, tea, coffee, orange juice and hot milk.
Guys, who work there are very friendly and can speak at least French and English.
According to staff, they are going to renovate rooms and one floor was already under the renewal.

• Stayed: November 2009
4  Thank Awais_RU

Reviewed September 13, 2009

I just came back from France, stayed at Jeff hotel. Before my trip I read reviews how small the hotel is, how tiny the rooms are. I was pleasantly surprised that rooms weren't so small. The guys who work there are extremely nice and helpful, they speak English, little bit of Russian. You definitely need to see their elevator, we laughed for a long time before entering it, it's tiny, 2 people can hardly fit. The only problem is the noise outside, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights are the worst. There are 2 bars/cafe shops located just outside the hotel, people were extremely loud until 4 a.m. It was fun to listen actually, they were singing American songs from 80s very loudly, so we had to put plugs in our ears and close the window. But at the end, it was fun. I would recommend this hotel if you need just a place to sleep during your travel, it definitely not a luxurious hotel, but cute, clean and has a character. Also the location is superb, you could walk to Montmartre, Eiffel Tower, Arch de Triumph, Louvre, etc. definitely would recommend this place to my friends family.

• Stayed: September 2009
5  Thank Yana0505
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I stayed in Jeff hotel during my trip to Paris July 2009 for a week. The place was really nice and comfortable and stuff was wonderfully friendly. Breakfast was all right: they served croissants, cereals, salami, bread, jam, tea, coffee and orange juice. The room was small but it was clean and had everything I needed. The noise from the street could be a trouble, especially for those who sleep light. The hotel is about 10 minutes walking to Grand Opera and about 5-7 to closest subway station. The neighborhood is full of nice little cafés, patisseries and crêpe stands, where you could have a good meal for a reasonable price. So this place would be a good choice for exploring Paris.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Luckyann
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I stayed at Hotel Jeff in 2004, for 2 weeks as part of a study tour, and I can only assume it's changed a lot. Although, the photos in these more recent reviews don't show any great change. Don't be misled. The staff are slightly friendlier than the average budget Paris hotel, but this is a budget hotel. It is old, and shabby, and there are many stains of indeterminate origin on the walls and carpet. It is clean enough, but don't expect the sheets changed more often than once every 10 days. The bathroom is cleaned every day or so, but its age means it isn't easy to clean. It's a nice enough area but noisy most of the night, and I didn't see any evidence of any sprinklers/fire alarm. The circular staircase has windows opening onto a very smelly area, the floors are uneven, and you need to keep your shoes on in your room all the time. Maybe I'm too old for budget, but seeing the clean sheets sitting in the hall ashtray waiting to be put on beds put me off.

• Stayed: October 2006
1  Thank teachers_on_tour
Reviewed April 22, 2009

We've spent 3 wonderful days in Jeff Hotel! It's such a quiet , cute and cosy place! Especially, the paintings on the walls,clean rooms and friendly staff!This hotel is simple,but really nice! We 'strongly' recommend you to listen to the raindrops tapping by the roof on the top floor,it's very romantic!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2008

The hotel was excellent for our badget and yet I think I wouldn't that satistied if I've stayed in a 4* hotel.
I was there with 2 of my friends, and we stayed in a triple bedroom. There were always enough towels for allof us, always clean.
The people who work in this hotel are very nice, they speak English, Russian, a little Arabic because of their Algerian background. For me as Lebanese, I didn't find much difference from where I came from looooool. They're always smiling, helpful. I think it's a family business.
The breakfast is from 8 'till 10h. They served us cereals, salamis, croissants, mini-baguette, butter, jam. They also serve you coffee, milk, orange juice...
The street is a bit noisy during the nights but after the 3rd day, I didn't care of what was outside...
It was very suitable, very close to the metro station (number 8 & 9 from Grands Boulvards).
I liked the area, full of nice restaurants and snacks and even pubs. There were a chinese restaurant, a tunisian, 2 algerian snacks, a Lebanese, and 6 french... There were plenty of bars and kioskes ...

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 12, 2008

I stayed there with my parents for 10 nights. We booked a triple room: 1 double bed and one single. I asked the manager to book me if possible a room at the first floor and so it was. The room was fairly spacious and clean. The rooms were cleand daily. Our window faced the street but it wasn't noisy at night. At day, I cannot tell since we stayed little inide he hotel. Breakfast was ok: cereals, some salami, butter and baguette. The people at the reception were helpful and spoke english. The hotel is vy well located: 5 minutes walk to Galeries La Fayette and 10 min walk to Les Halles (a commercial cente with H&M, Zara etc. and a lot of cheap chinese shops nearby) 15 min walk to le Louvre. I cannot tell about transportation means since we walked during all our stay there. Oh, just in front of the hotel thee is a little lovely Museum. Oveall it was a great expeience with Jeff Hotel. I would defintly reccomend it or those searching a budget, clean, close to attractions and friendly accomodation in Paris.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family