“I love this Hotel”
Review of Hotel La Louisiane

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel La Louisiane
Ranked #1,317 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 28, 2013

When I'm in Paris this is my Hotel of choice. I've been here with family, as a couple, and on my own. There's something about this Hotel I really adore; its quaint, its clean, its reasonably priced and the water is hot. What more do you need? - you're out all day (& night) after all; it's in a super vibey arty (super Galleries) area, with great little restaurants, and a stunning market beside it, and the best bakery opposite. And - Bonus ! You can walk everywhere from here! Or they'll gladly call you a Taxi.

Room Tip: I love to be at the very top of the Hotel - there you're able to gaze across the roof-tops of Pa...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank EuniceB
There are newer reviews for Hotel La Louisiane

Reviewed March 18, 2013

La Louisiane is a basic French budget hotel but hugely cheaper than anything round about and so is good value in a fantastic location in the 6th arrondissement with bars, restaurant, shops and market stalls just outside. Although I have only given it 3 stars I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had a very pleasant stay here at the end of October 2012. The rooms are simple but cozy and comfy. It was cold outside and our room was always warm. There were adequate blankets provided and the beds were comfortable. Our bathroom was an ok size, we had a half glass door on the tub which stopped most of the water from getting on the floor. Better than a lot of places I've stayed in Europe where you shower over the toilet with no curtain at all! Always had a hot shower for both me and my travel companion. There was a working refrigerator in our room and although there wasn't a blow drier in the room, we just asked for one and were provided with one for the duration of our stay. No problems there. No TV in the room, but WHO comes to Paris to sit in their room and watch TV? If you really have to, there is a TV on the first floor with a couch. Free WIFI. We had a room right on the street and never had any problems with street noise. LOCATION, LOCATION , LOCATION! We had such a wonderful time in this area at all hours of the day and night. Super conveniant to main attractions and the metro and RER train. I had no issues with the staff. Everyone was more than helpful and accomodating. We didn't buy their brekfast for 7e each because you can walk across the street to the grocery store and get 6 freshly backed buns and some cheese for 4e total! Would recommend AND stay here again if I ever found myself in Paris again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank superiorcold
Reviewed October 26, 2012

i had a reservation for this hotel. i arrived late at night to be told they didnt have a room. and they didnt seem that bothered or concerned, the receptionist who on previous occasions was able to speak english discovered that he was no longer able to do so. avoid

Room Tip: chose a different hotel you could get there and find they dont actually have a room presumably becau...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank J A
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is old. Inside it feels old, not really modern. But it is confortable. The room was clean. The bathroom was very clean too. However there is no TV in the room for those who wants to see some French tv shows! It's not a big deal since you are in Paris and have other things to do than watch TV in your room.
People at the reception were very nice and helpful.
I'm sure you can find a better hotel in Paris for the same price. But if you really want to be in this area of Paris this hotel is OK. If you walk in the streets just around the hotel you will find some very nice restaurants and boutiques not too 'invaded' by tourists.

Overall good and clean hotel but nothing exceptional. Great location for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joriver
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Hotel is not simple- it is a hostel! If you want a hostel you can pay a lot less somewhere else. The bathroom had no shower curtain so water was all over the floor. The bed was horrible with lots of surrounding construction so not a good night's sleep either. No amenities. We checked out after one night, even though we had paid for two because we had to get out for our sanity!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rob L
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We did not sleep for four nights straight so you decide whether the good location is worth your sleeplessness in the end. Super basic room that sat above the noisiest bars and clubs in town and is on a street that is undergoing construction on top of it. Room was equipped with no blow drier, TV or working fridge. The elevator would stop working every other day and cleanliness was questionable. 2 super rude staff out of 3 I had to deal with so not pleasant in that respect either. I saw them interact this poorly with others as well so don't expect them to treat you any kindlier. Asked around and rates on same block were the same so consider booking one of the other hotels instead where at least you will be treated with respect, your room will be clean and quiet and you won't have to go up the stairs with your suitcases. I know because we switched and were happy the rest of our stay in the lovely city.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family