“Always a pleasure”
Review of Cave a Bulles

Cave a Bulles
Ranked #95 of 671 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: This entire shop is devoted to selling French artisanal beers.
Oslo, Norway
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

After another successful visit I feel like writing an updated review of this place. I arrived quite early to find a not on the door from the owner, that he would be back at a specific time. When I turned around to go check out the area for ten minutes he arrived a little early and let me in even before he had turned on the lights. He then gave me a thorough presentation of the beers from the Paris area currently in his selection - he stocks the beers from the newly opened micro brewery in the 19eme.

The selection of french beers is excellent, the store also has a nice selection of Belgian and Dutch breweries, including an impressive selection of lambics. The owner's knowledge and enthusiasm is a nice touch on the top of it all. When I had decided on what to buy he wrapped the bottles nicely in bubble wrap for the journey home - all the bottles survived.

Next time I'll try to bring something from the local micro brewery for trading.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Smaskifa

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Could have been a great experience...”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

After reading online reviews of the experience, my boyfriend and I were really excited to check it out during our vacation in Paris.

Before purchasing the deal, I emailed (May 31) the address provided to note which date / times (June 21) we were available to participate. I did not receive an email response.

On June 21 we showed up to inquire what our options were for the tasting. The owner treated me in an extremely unprofessional manner calling me rude for not making a reservation in advance. He asked if any other date worked with our schedule and we said this was the only evening. He then suggested I contact livingsocial for a refund given that he only had a limited supply for 7 ppl who had already rsvp'd (Only 4 showed up). I explained I had sent an email to book a reservation and did not receive a response. He said he was too busy for emails. He then said he would find a way to accommodate us.

Right before the tasting he explained he is able to do it in both french and english (which I had read online and the only reason we booked it), but decided he would only do it in french is it takes less time. Maybe we were ignorant to assume he would provide a few highlights in english for us. He didn't. The beer tasting experience was extremely unpleasant, which included him asking us a question in french knowing very well that we do not speak french, as well as pointing to us and speaking about us in french without translating.

Maybe this is only an individual experience but I thought it was necessary to communicate as it ruined our last night in Paris.

Visited June 2012
5 Thank s s
Toronto
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Terrific Beer Boutique”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

You don't typically think of Paris as a beer city - and the usual taps on offer don't do much to dissuade you from that opinion. It's nice to see the vibrant French micro brewing community able to showcase its wares. A terrific selection and very knowledgable sales people making picking a brew fun and educational. They also do a great job in packing bottles for travellers to take home.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank KLoveToronto
Oslo, Norway
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Beer "boutique"”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is one of those places you either stumble upon by chance or do some research to find. It is situated in central Paris, a short way from Les Halles towards the Pompidou. The most striking about the place isn't necessarily the excellent beer selection (especially French beer), but the very welcoming owner who is more than happy to tell you about his assortment. (He speaks good English). He is also interested in swapping beers with you if you bring something interesting from your local micro brewery.

This place currently has the top rating at ratebeer for beer shops in Paris.

Visited January 2011
7 Thank Smaskifa
Moscow, Russia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Amazing French beers & helpful staff”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Simon is a wonderful guide for the world of artisanal French craft beer. His shop runs the gamut from sours to biere de garde and IPAs. He even carries a few American microbrews if you need a west coast hop fix. The owner is fluent in French and English and loves to chat. His license does not allow you to drink on premises, but he does have some beers that are cold and will happily chill bottles for you.

Visited May 2011