“As good as it gets for that amount of money”
Review of Cosmo's Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Cosmo's Hotel
Ranked #887 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Geneva, Switzerland
“As good as it gets for that amount of money”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night (Sat-Sun). The hotel facade was then under construction / renovation but since I stayed over the weekend I can't comment on the noise level from this. However all rooms seem to be giving onto the street and it's a very lively neighborhood, at least weekends, (great location actually) so if you are an easy sleeper bring ear plugs!

The room I had was very small and for people of larger size it could be difficult to use toilet and shower as they are kind of built into a corner. The towels are less than white but they, just as the bed lined and the rest of the room is very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

So to sum up, rather noisy and hot since at least my room had air condition, but for under 60€ a night, it is definitely a deal!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to give onto the street but maybe for the hot summer months try to avoid the top floo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here four nights did heaps of research before choosing this hotel! It was very clean and comfortable and room was a good size bigger than we expected to be honest. Staff friendly and helpful and printed Eiffel tower tickets for me. WiFi was good. Was tricky to find for me but I missed out on a sense of direction! Close enough to metro and also hop on hop off bus stop to walk comfortably. Heaps of cafes and services close by including a crepe stand and laundry! Was missing my cats so happy to find a friend even a very lazy one lol! Such good value for money can't go wrong here but you do need a good and detailed map!

4 Thank Kate L
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights on a business trip. It's located in a quiet area quite close to a number of good restaurants (I can recommend Au Trou Normand which had excellent duck on the menu, or a tagine at the restaurant on the little square right outside the hotel). The rooms were OK, nothing spectacular but clean and tidy.

On my last day I had breakfast at the hotel. This might be a coincidence, but I became violently ill shortly after. Perhaps there is no connection, but if I stay here again I'll stay clear of the orange juice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nick O
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I got to know this hotel through a friend of mine who stayed there with his family.
Later on i spent 5 nights with my fiancee in 2011, then my parents went there again in 2011 and i was for 3 nights last year again during a business trip.

The hotel is clean, no texpensive at all, well located, close to the metro where you can easily reach anywhere, there are many facilities (a laundry shop right across the street) and many cafés, bars.

It's a family hotel. The lady from the front desk is extremely polite and helpful.

Well, i can't think of staying in Paris in another hotel. I'll be there again in may.

So in my opinion this is the kind of hotel you find in a city and never think of changing during your whole life.

Price has been steady since 2011, so big increases shouldn't occur.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank bahhh
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2012

After spending countless hours searching for a good, clean, well-located budget hotel for Paris, I kept coming back to Cosmo's Hotel and decided to reserve a room. We were a bit skeptical at first that there would be a room waiting for us when we weren't requested a deposit. We printed the e-mail communications we had with the hotel just in case, but it wasn't necessary. When we arrived in Paris, early October, we were early. The hotel wasn't the easiest to find, and i'd recommend a good detailed map. We had printed directions, but it was still a bit of a challenge. We were hoping, at the very least, to drop our bags and explore the area, but were told our room was ready. The people at reception were very friendly.

Our room was not overly large, but more than adequate for both of us and our luggage, and seemed clean. We were happy to have a safe as well. We dropped our bags and headed out in search of lunch. We asked at reception for the password for the wi-fi, and were immediately given it, along with a map. Those on reception were always smiling and friendly, and more than approachable.

We found that there was good access to the Metro, and we could easily reach all the main tourist sites from the hotel.

The only issue we had was that for the first few days, housekeeping never took away any items, such as water bottles, that were not specifically placed in the garbage which was good, but near the end of the trip, they removed a waterbottle that was left on the desk, which my friend planned on reusing the next day to refill at the airport after clearing security. Also, we found a bar of soap from the bathroom in the bed one of the days after housekeeping came through. We still aren't sure how this happened. The room looked clean when we first arrived, but was a bit questionable after these incidents.

Overall, I would stay here again. I spent a lot of time searching for a place in Paris that had good reviews, good Metro access, and was reasonably priced, and the Cosmo's Hotel was a clear winner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Europe_Bound_2010
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Finding a hotel in Paris in which you stayed once, and would like to stay again is not easy. Usually you have to make a choice between the cheap, but still overpriced dumps and good but very expencive hotels.

Cosmo's is the best compromise between the low price and the quality I found so far. The value-for-your-money ratio is probably the best you can find in Paris.

I stayed once last year, my friend was there with his wife in the meantime, and I stayed this weekend again. And all the experiences were more than positive:

Clean, non-expencive small bnb/hotel with friendly and helpfull staff on a great location. Close to Republic Square (and its many Metro lines to all other parts of Paris), close to Bastille sqaure, close to Père Lachaise Cemetery and close to "semilegendary" Rue Oberkampf nightlife knot.

We stayed 4 nights in total and only one of us had brakfast only one morning. (We were usually late for it.) And that one breakfast was free, since, when we were checking out, the man at the desk wouldn't charge it to our bill even after we reminded him about it. :)

The only downside of this staying: The cat was away (on a trip with the boss).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank PurgerII
Leyland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Came back to Paris to do the Eiffel Tower as during the summer only one lift was working and we could not pre-book. Cosmo's Hotel still clean, still friendly, still a good breakfast, cat still fat ... all good! My favourite budget hotel in Paris. Great location, can't fault it!

Room Tip: Room 46 is good, it's a family room, so there's more space and a larger bathroom!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple