Hotel Korner Montparnasse
$199
$184
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$164
Hotel Saint Germain(Paris)
$258
$198
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspasteur metrohomemade jamsroof terracekitchen areaeiffel towerstreet sideair conditioningcomfortable staythe hotel staffwould definitely stay here againnice roomsmall hotelshort staytrain stationtop flooryogurtmontparnasse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We would like to thank the staff for meeting us with warmth and friendlyness, always willing to assist, also in good English. A very personal touch indeed. The jam was very tastey :-) and breakfast in the kitchen felt like home. Clean, fresh and cosy room. Would recommend anytime. Well located very close to the Pasteur metrostation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Korner M, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Korner Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks for sharing your impressions with others travelers and a Big Thanks from the whole team.
Our guideline is that our guests feel well in our hotel, we want them to feel like if they were at home, so we prepare a lot of little details, the all always with a smile.
Our homemade french jam has indeed a lot of success, from the classic raspberry jam to the exotic banana jam.
We are glad you did like our room, we designed the room to be as comfortable as possible with warm and Zen color.
We hope to see you soon in your Paris Korner!
Best regards from Paris,

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Am staying here right now in hotel korner.

Based on the previous reviews I was forced to book my last night in paris in this hotel as my other hotel was fully booked (much much cleaner, modern and cheaper
than this one)

Service was ok when we arrived. The front desk helped me carry my luggage up the 1st level.... didnt know that there werent any lifts...not sure how they expect international visitors to lift 25 kg luggage pieces up a flight of stairs.

Anyway. Went out and came back late at night and tried to shower. To my horror the bathroom smelt a little like faeces left inside a crevice. Then when I showered, within 30 seconds the water level rose to the ankle level...pieces of peoples hair from god knows where started floating up... I was forced to quickly finish the shower. But my other family member couldnt shower like that.

We went down to complain and wanted a switch of rooms. The man downstairs today on the 5th april saturday 2014 wasnt helpful at all. And only said all the rooms were booked... despite me seeing rooms vacant earpier this afternoon. He had no emergency number to fix the drainage and offered no form of compensation like reduction of our hotel price or anything simple like calling his manager. It took him 10 mins to find a plunger to unblock the drainage... but he had no idea how to use it.

Angry and tired some.of us did not bother to shower knowing we had an early plane ride to our next destination.

If hygiene is ur number 1 pointer. Do not choose this hotel. Even the towels had strange flakes of what appeared to be poo!

The nearest train station pasteur has 3 flights of stairs... crazy especially when we were carrying loaded luggages. Other stations like pont cardinet *our hotel ) at least had escalators.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Delaware J
Korner M, Propriétaire at Hotel Korner Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Please kindly accept my sincere apology because of the unpleasant time that you had in our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you had to move from your previous hotel to our hotel for your last day in Paris and that you felt uncomfortable with us.
The situation regarding the shower drainage and towels spots were indeed unacceptable and I want to personally apologize for it. Allow me to confirm you that we have reinforced the checking list with our housekeeping team so as to avoid these types of mistake in the future since cleanness is essential for us.
Our team is always here to help you and I am also truly disappointed to read that you feel that our team was not enough reactive and helpful. We always learn from our mistakes, so I have already talked with my team and worked on how to help our clients on technical emergencies cases. I do confirm you that we were fully booked on the 5th of April 2014, sorry if you feel that our receptionist was not telling you the truth. Our situation close to the train station make our guests arrive often late.
Regarding the elevator, based on our guest feedback that can find the stairs difficult with suitcases, we are working on having one installed before the end of the year and as you pointed out, our staff always carry the luggage in the rooms to make trip easier for the guest.
I would very much like to discuss this with you further and would appreciate if you could contact me directly at your best convenience.
Regards,
Mrs Félus
The Owner of the Hotel Korner

Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is technically a 2-star hotel but this must be because it doesn't have a lift - it was stylish, comfortable and located near a metro station in a quiet area. The staff were virtually all really friendly and helpful. My friend and I had single rooms and were delighted to find that we had double beds, which, incidentally, were incredibly comfortable - my sleep quality was excellent for the three nights I was there. If you are a light sleeper you might find the traffic noise a problem but earplugs worked for me. There is also aircon and a very efficient shower. I found that there was enough space in the shower room for my toiletries and in general there was adequate storage room - and proper wooden hangers!

It is stylishly decorated with a nice breakfast room; the breakfasts were good for 9 euros and I would recommend this option if only for the coffee and homemade jams.

Overall, it was a good choice in a less touristy area but which was still very convenient for Left Bank, etc. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for room at back if traffic noise will bother you.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Korner M, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Korner Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks for Recommending our Hotel to other travelers and again thanks for choosing us for your stay in Paris. Indeed the 15th District is calm within a Parisian Style but very close to many main tourists’ spots. We are very happy to know that you appreciated your room. When it is possible, for or guest’s comfort, we do upgrades and we managed to upgrade you in a double room. Concerning the elevator, hope we will have it before the end of the year. On the other side, our terrace is opened and with spring and summer coming, even if it is on the 3rd floor, we do recommend our guests to enjoy sometime there. We do reconfirm that if a guest need a special request (quiet room or 1st floor room), we will do our best to meet their request. Thanks for your comment concerning our breakfast with the essential: coffee or tea, bakery and homemade jam … and many other small surprises.

Hope we will be lucky and have the occasion to welcome you again in Your Paris Korner!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We visited a few weeks ago this hotel for 3 nights after all the good reviews and because the price was fair. It is located near a metro station, so you can see anything you want in Paris, the street is quiet at night and restaurants are nearby. The breakfast is very good, home made with delicious jams, bread and coffee. The room is small, however is cozy, clean and smooth. The only bad thing here is the bathroom, really tiny, specially the sink, you really dont have space even for the toothbrush!
All in all the best option i have found in Paris for this range price, would come back surely!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank velezmar
Korner M, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Korner Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear guest,
A Big Thank You for your nice comment. We feel extremely Happy when reading a comment like this because our aim is that guests enjoyed the stay with us.
We do agree with you, our bathrooms are small … sink too; therefore we added a good shower for your comfort.
Many thanks for trust us and to confirm that you recommend our hotel to other travelers and most important, that you will come back.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Petite lovely parisian hotel ... quiet and well situated.
Nice renovated rooms, Terrace for summer reading or chilling out.
Loved the homy feeling of breakfast with home made varieties of Jams (banana's, cardamon pears etc)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are extremely happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We are indeed a small hotel in Central Paris with a young team that do their best to make guests feel well during their stay in Paris. Our rooms were renovated within light colors, we left the essential for them to be comfortable and add a good shower and soundproof windows/doors for a good night sleep.
Our Terrace is our Parisian secret place … a place to relax and take a break before starting your day or at the end of the day. At reception (open 24h/24) you can find a pantry shop where to buy soft drinks, ice-creams and other sweeties.
Our Breakfast Korner has indeed homemade jams: traditional ones (raspberry) or exotic ones (Caribbean banana), all with French classic bakery and a good coffee or tea. You find all this and more on our buffet.
Thanks again for choosing our hotel for your romantic stay in Paris,
Hope to see you again.