“True New York Pizza in Paris!”
Review of Nick's Pizza

Nick's Pizza
Ranked #253 of 17,628 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: Nick's Pizza is an authentic New York slice pizzeria - in the middle of Paris! - offering delicious, homemade pizza rapidly and pleasantly at an incredibly low price. Consistently rated one of the best pizzerias in Paris by Trip Advisor, Nick's achieves the improbable by allowing most customers to eat a satisfying and filling meal for 7 to 9 euros. Nick's mission is to provide gourmet homemade pizza to those with even the most limited means: we let our own, homemade dough rise a minimum of 3 days, to ensure a delicious crust; we craft our homemade tomato sauce from scratch using Italian, top of the line whole, peeled, Motti tomatoes; we source our unique low-moisture mozzarella from an exclusive supplier and shred it ourselves to ensure spreading perfection. Not to mention all-you-can-drink, all-day bottomless sodas for only 1 euro per person (with pizza purchase, 2 euros without), produced by the former Director of Production of Orangina, who produced Nick's exclusive line of flavors because he liked our idea of selling people premium soda at prices that don't include marketing costs. And our delightful garlic knots. Yes, the restaurant is tiny, with only 6 stools at a counter against the wall, but you can sit and eat a delicious slice of pizza or two, stand at the counter and eat it, eat it as you walk down the street, take it back to your home or office, take it over to one of the small public parks within a 5-minute stroll... and if you eat in, you get to watch Tex Avery cartoons, listen to a nice American rock station, and chat with your fellow customers or the Nick's guys in an ambiance that's a lot more New York-sur-Seine than Paris... a quick trip to New York for a slice of great slice of real cheese pizza for only 3 euros! Nick's also delivers within a 10 minute walking radius from the store (20 euro minimum). So, if you are expecting a luxurious restaurant with table service and expensive, exotic, Italian pizzas, you may be disappointed (check out our very few negative reviews). If you want some of the best pizza in Paris (a notoriously bad pizza town) with a real New York taste for an unbelievably low price and in a very welcoming environment, then Nick's is for you.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I were visiting this side of Paris on a recent trip because we noticed this was an area of the city we hadn't spent much time in and wanted to walk the streets.

Lucky us! As we walked along the streets we looked ahead and saw Nick's Pizza sign and decided to drop in for a slice - so glad we did! When we walked into this quaint little pizzeria, we were met with the amazing smells of fresh pizza being cooked.

The guys there are great, helpful, and cook some of the best pizza we've had in a long time.

A MUST when you're looking for that quick afternoon snack after walking the streets of Paris!

5  Thank Steve P

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I had been on a multi-week trip, and were having a craving for pizza. A google search turned up Nick's, and we thought we might as well give it a shot. Their pizza far and away exceeded my expectations for anything that we would find in Paris. 3-day dough in the crust, fresh sauces, real cheese, and top-notch, high-quality toppings all around. Free refills on fountain drinks, and even some ice if you're so inclined!

I would recommend anyone looking for an authentic slice of New York style pizza far, far away from home taking them time to check out Nick's, it is well worth it. The gents working there are also fantastic to talk to, be sure to stay and chat for a bit!

2  Thank Jon H
Reviewed May 29, 2014

As a native New Yorker who thinks that New York pizza is the best in the world (even above Italian pizza), I was skeptical about Nick's claim that he offers authentic NY pizza. I have to say that the pizza was pretty close: it had a light crust, tasty sauce, and good cheese and toppings. Carbonated beverages were bottomless and only cost 1 euro. There's not much room to sit, so plan to stand at the counter along the wall or take the pizza to go. Above all, the staff were very friendly and helpful and that made our experience even better. I hope that Nick's place continues its success!

1  Thank jsctraveler
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I went to this place because we were very hungry and we just needed something to eat. It was literally a few steps down the road on the same street as the hotel I was staying in, Hotel Monte Carlo. My sister and her husband went there the first night and they kept raving about how good the pizza was and how good the guy who worked there was. I could have cared less. The next day on our way back from all the sight seeing, tired and hungry, we stopped there again. The guy (same guy who was there the night before who helped my sister) was there again and when we said that it was 4 of us and we will take 5 slices of vegetarian pizza, he immediately suggested to take a whole pie which will be cheaper and more food for us. He told us 10 minutes and so 3 of them went to the hotel and I stayed back to get the pizza and walk later. The guy was very good at keeping me engaged, he talked about his life, the things currently happening in Paris and his job situation, all while making the pizza. In 10 minutes the pizza was ready and when it came time to take it home, I asked to put some oregano on it, he made me do it myself to my taste. I then asked him for pepper flakes and he actually had those ready as the night before my sister had asked for it as well. He even gave us paper plates and napkins in abundance (if you have been to Europe you know things like that are not cheap or given unless you ask). I took the pizza back and the first bite I took of it, I was impressed. The pizza was good, fresh and taste. The dough/pie was nice and crispy and the cheese was just enough melted with the taste I like. I really really really recommend this place if you are in or around 24 Rue du Faubourg Montmartre, 75009 Paris, France. They are fantastic people. The guy who helped us, I did not catch his name, but thanks to him, he was helpful and we ate a good meal two nights in a row.

2  Thank sankuji
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Before going to Paris we were reviewing Lonely Planet guide for Paris. My girlfriend made mention, "it says that there are no good Pizzas anywhere in Paris." I thought, what Pizza in Paris?!

Well as luck would have it we were wondering around Paris going by dozens of Pizza places. Being from NY Im very particular about Pizza. In the US the farther you get from NYC the less chance you will have to get anything that is acceptable Pizza. But being in Europe for a few months the smell made me very hungry. The fact that we had coffee and 1 croissant 6 hrs earlier helped also. Thats when I saw a sign which read, "Nicks real NY Pizza". Being already hungry I accepted the challenge. Well glad I did. Have to say it was the best Pizza I had anywhere. The dough was great and the sauce delicious. But best of all the cheese was not salty. For years Ive asked the Pizza guys back home if they could make a pie with low sodium (salt). "Sorry" they would tell me. I figured they all used the same supplier. I asked the guy behind the counter how come his pie was so tasty and NOT salty. As it turns out it was the owner Nick. He explained to me that he used the proprietary ingredient for the dough and that he bought the best cheeses. He continued, "usually the pies of lower quality dont even use cheese but a cheese substitute." Great the secret was finally out. Even though the Pizzas in NY are great, Nick's is in a different class. My girlfriend concurred and we devoured 4 slices. First I had a slice of cheese pie then a steak pie. Yep Steak Pie. He created it with his staff. My girlfriend still talks about it.

If the Pizza Parlors in NY would put on real cheese they might come close to Nick's Pizza in Paris. Anyone that is on a low Sodium diet cant eat anything but Nick's Pizza. Now to review our hotel.

2  Thank C210Flyer