“Overpriced”

Ranked #593 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Overpriced”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

LOCATION: Not in a very attractive part of Paris. Saint Germain is a better bet. Although this hotel is not far from a metro station.

ROOM: Small and furnished with cheaper quality. Rate was very high at 250EUR for a small room in a so-so location.

NOTE: All our reviews are not evaluated on the exclusively mutual experience at the respective hotel. Our ratings and standards are benchmarked with other hotels that we have stayed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dal-n-lana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

From the pictures I saw online, I was so excited to stay here. I was very disappointed to discover that the super stylish looking room I saw in the pictures was actually a tiny room with a Christmas lights on the walls. There's hardly enough room to open up your suitcase in here and the bathroom is so tiny it's difficult to do anything in there.

For the price I paid, this was a total ripoff. The location wasn't anything great either. The food in the surrounding area was pretty bad too.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Richiesos
Milton Keynes
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I wanted a 3 night break in Paris in the Latin quarter, we found this hotel and booked it. We arrived on the first flight into Paris and knowing we were many hours too early turned up at he hotel to drop the bags, the staff could not have been more helpful. Took our bags and we spent a full day in this wonderful city. On our return our bags were in our immaculate room complete with rose petals on our large bed. With the temperature at 33 degrees outside our air conditioning was silent but very effective. Ok so I've been in bigger hotel rooms, but not many more romantic. Our stay for my 50th birthday day was excellent, the honesty bar that exists goes some way to show you the level of trust and respect offered. Ignore the negative comments, this hotel is handy for the metro (goblins) and main Latin quarter. And across the road a bar does a full pint for 4 euro.... We had a balcony and enjoyed a couple of lunches out on that. Stunning place, staff and value.

Room Tip: Balcony on the 5th floor was excellent for a lunch al fresco...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

After reading mixed reviews, although mostly positive, I picked this hotel from a shortlist of places my girlfriend picked out, and I am very glad that I picked this one. The moment we arrived we were greeted with a warm welcome by incredibly helpful staff, who managed to check us in early, and our bags were taken to our room for us, which was unexpected, but a nice touch to the start of what will be a great experience.
After this, we entered our room, which was a superior canopy room. All I can say is wow! Clean, well organised, and beautifully furnished & decorated, with great extra touches such as rose petals on the bed and above average complimentary soaps, shampoo's etc.
I've read reviews that rooms are small etc, from before we booked and recent reviews, but the room we had had enough space for a couple, with everything you could need, plus.... you are in Paris! If you want bigger, pay more money for a bigger room or elsewhere, Paris is a high cost area, so you really do get what you pay for, and I doubt other hotels would be as nicely furnished as this one.
In our room was everything mentioned, plus a safe, table, chair, wardrobe space, and a novelty shower that changes colour depending on temperature. On a side note, most hotels would charge you to use a safe.
Again, staff were excellent, from recommending places to go or eat, to going to the trouble of printing our Disneyland tickets that we booked online that morning!
Breakfast was a typical French breakfast, which is the same price for having breakfast in bed and going downstairs, so we had breakfast in bed for the novelty. There were pastries, yogurts, fruit smoothies, cold meats, and more! Lovely selection brought up to your room at your chosen time!
The last night of our holiday, I thought I would bring a nice conclusion to our last evening and have half a bottle of champagne for the room, Shortly after this, there was a knock on our door, where a member of staff had brought up a small chocolate selection to compliment our champagne. It's these various little touches that makes all of the difference at this hotel.
All in All, I would highly recommend staying here and would book again if I returned to Paris! :)

Room Tip: Room 301 was lovely!
1 Thank drdebug01
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2013

As others have mentioned you expect a small room in Paris hotels, and we booked a superior room with this in mind. The room was very small and I am quite tall which is not a great mix! Very tight shower for even an average sized guy and not much fun in the morning. when you are a couple sharing the space in the room. The sleep quality was good and the bed was quite comfortable, although on the sort side.

Breakfast was quite typical for Paris, low on nutrition and fresh fruits and juices and high on carbs.

Ease of getting around from this location was good with the Metro a fairly easy stroll from the hotel and this is the best way to get around Paris. If taking the Metro make sure to buy a pass for the days you need rather than buy the daily ticket--much cheaper and more convenient.

All in all a bit disappointing and for the price of the hotel I would have expected better.

Room Tip: Try and get as large a room as possible
1 Thank Stephenwr
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here for three nights. The rooms was small, yet not the smallest I've lived in, but very clean and modern. The bathroom products was of good quality (L'Occitane).

Conveniently close to metro and super markets, restaurants and cafes.

+ A/C in rooms
- No minibar

Lived in the cheapest rooms.

Omaha, NE
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed a few other places in Paris I knew rooms are much smaller than we Americans are used to. That being said this was a tiny room, with a double bed.

It was borderline claustrophobic since you could barely leave your suitcase against the wall and have room to walk in between it and the bed.

The most infuriating part is their cancellation policy. The story's a bit long but stay with me:

Our flight into Paris got cancelled due to French air strikes so I notified them we would be a day late. They wouldn't refund any portion since they have a 48 hour cancellation policy. We arrived late the next night to check in. She acknowledged that due to air strikes many people trying to leave her hotel the night before had to return and get an extra night. So I got billed for a room I couldn't use while someone else also paid to sleep in it since they couldn't get out if Paris.

Lesson: If you're not 100% sure you'll make it on time and stay as long as booked do not stay here.

Also if you and your significant other have difficulty sleeping in a queen sized bed, don't share a double bed here. So small, we never slept well in this room.

There is a community mini bar on the first floor you can use on the honor system 24 hours a day. We never bothered since there's a market and pharmacy right around the corner with better prices.

All in all it was too expensive for the tiny room and less than ideal location. Unless you get an amazing deal I would not recommend as there are better sized rooms with better locations for the same cost. It would be ok for a solo traveler but not big enough for two people.

Also I concur with another reviewer who felt the website was misleading. There wasn't a four post bed, and I didn't get the room that was pictured.

• Stayed June 2013