“I was expecting more after reading the reviews here”
Review of The Five Hotel

The Five Hotel
Ranked #628 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Miami Beach, Florida
“I was expecting more after reading the reviews here”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Overall, the hotel is just OK, but in a city full of hotels I would keep looking and book somewhere else. After reading reviews here and seeing this hotel featured on tablethotels.com I was expecting more and I was disappointed.

As has been written before the rooms are tiny. They are really tiny and I felt like the modern decor was a little hokey and it's purpose was to distract the guest from the fact that he's in a so so hotel. The lobby and common areas looked a bit worn definitely did not give me a good impression when I first walked in.

If you're getting a great deal on the rate then it's fine, but keep looking and I'm sure you'll find something better.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Don't have much more to say. It's very funky, with hip staff, and about 3-4 minutes (unique underpass- hard to see on googlemaps) from the wonderfully Parisian and never-ending mouffetard lane. The rooms are tiny indeed, but who's in Paris to be nestled in a room? --- Love is meant to be displayed while strolling along les rues de Paris...

Room Tip: 7 minute walk to the RER to the airport!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SuitcasedSoul_MGray
Guernsey
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Stayed at the Five Hotel for the weekend of the 7th and 8th of May. The first issue we had was finding the place, the taxi driver had never heard of the street and this was the case for the rest of the weekend - even to the extent of being dumped about a mile from the hotel on Saturday night with the taxi driver saying that he had got us to the hotel!!!!

Check in was 4pm which we felt was quite late, but we were able to freshen up in the toilets, not ideal but OK. Got some good advice from the reception in terms of how to get around town etc - where was the nearest metro.

When we finally got to the room, I was surprised by the size of the room. Not much space other than the bed, girls there is no dressing table to do your make up on as my wife discovered and the bathroom was small but clean. The room was decorated in a nice way but the size just put us off slightly.

The bad bit about the service was when I asked for an iron and ironing board ont he first night, they bought an iron but said they did not know where the ironing board was. I had to make do using a towel on a table - which I do not mind, but when I am paying what this hotel costs I expect to get at least that. They said that they would get me an ironing board for the next night, but when I rung down they just bought up another iron and my request for the board was met with a shrug of shoulders. Annoyed me a lot really.

There was also some work being done in the reception area during our stay - not really disruptive but again when paying the money I just expected a bit better.

The general location is quite good near the Pantheon, but hardly what I would call in the heart of the latin quarter.

To sum up I would say that yes it is small but knowing Paris I reckon that is par for the course. I would say get a hotel a bit more in the heart of the Latin Quarter if you want to go to this area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I have stayed all over the world. This hotel is unique.
The rooms are small, but very well appointed. I loved the lighting, and decor....great! The best thing about this funky, frisky spot is the staff. They are simply the nicest, most helpful, in Paris....I felt like I was staying with my best friends...

I feel like I should not reccommend it, so I can keep it to myself, but The Five Hotel will make your stay in Paris better.....absolutely....

• Stayed April 2011
Brussels
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We stayed in the One by the Five for two nights and had a lovely romantic break from the rest of life. The suite is part of a hotel however it is in a separate building and so you are completely left to your own devices - your only interruption will be your breakfast being delivered at a time of your convenience (TIP: Make sure you have already unwrapped the bath robes for when the door-bell rings as they will keep ringing and you will end up fighting with your bath-robe) :)

One by the Five is designed to make you think about just the two of you and it really does achieve that well. From the champagne in the fridge, to your own private dance floor, to the cocktail receipes, to Edith Piaf and Barry White on the ipod (they have a really great selection of music tracks), to the bedroom and rain shower - it really is fabulous....and great fun.

It is expensive at 940 Euros per night (includes breakfast, the champagne, the fresh fruit in the fridge, the spirits and bottles of water) but it was really worth it and if you want to treat your spouse/partner/partner to be to something special then this is something they won't forget.

The staff were great, extremely welcoming and have great recommendations for local places in the Latin Quarter - they really help to make your visit perfect (thanks to all for such a great stay).

.....and on final note, the bed is probably the most comfortable we have ever slept in...you never want to leave.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank JenMcTBrussels
Reviewed April 9, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at The Five Hotel for two nights in March and could not have been more pleased with our choice. The value for money at the hotel was terrific and the location superb. Additionally, the staff were really helpful and kind and the rooms (while small) were modern, clean, and charming. We will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Stayed here in February 2011 for my fiance's christmas present. We chose it based on price (it was half term) location and appearance.

The hotel is in the 13th arrondissement, and near to Les Gobelins metro. It looks like it is far out on a map, but the metro line that the hotel is near is actually pretty good for getting to places including Gare de Nord.

The hotel itself is on a side street, off a main road which has several restaurants and convenience stores on it. The front of house lady, Paulina was very welcoming and helpful throughout our stay, recommending an excellent restaurant nearby and answering any queries we had.

The room itself was small, but we expected this. Most rooms in Paris are small unless you pay hundreds of pounds. It was only big enough to fit in the bed and a wardrobe. On the plus side, the bed was comfy and strewn with petals on our arrival. There was a bathroom with shower cubicle and fairy lights in both the bathroom and bedroom. It was clean yet dimly lit, boutique style.

Despite being small, the hotel ticked all the boxes for us - near a metro stop, clean & comfy, and not too expensive. Not sure I'd stay here again though as I would try a different area of Paris, but we had a pleasant stay at the Five Hotel with no complaints

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple