“Rather charming... if a little noisy”
Review of Hotel Baudin

Hotel Baudin
Ranked #1,394 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed here for two nights for a work trip. Location is good - close to metro stations and not far from the bustle, nightlife and restaurants near Bastille. The rooms have been recently renovated, but keep their old-school charm. I stayed in Room 13 (which I was surprised they even had a room 13 - aren't most hotels too superstitious to do that?), which had a double and a single bed, so it was large for Paris. High ceilings, marble fireplace, wood floors all added to the charm. The bathroom, which had a complete makeover, was huge! Plenty of hot water on top and from the shower.

The one downside: the noise. This room faces the main street, and even with double glazing, I found it a little noisy, all the more remarkable since I'm a heavy sleeper and don't usually hear much noise. There was also a bit of noise from the room above, with some inconsiderate soul clomping around the floor and dropping things at the ungodly hour of 3am. Hopefully, however, you won't have someone above you as inconsiderate.

If you can get a quieter room or don't mind the noise, the charm and location definitely make this place recommended if you're looking for something clean on a budget.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms away from the main street
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank empress_joanna

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is cheap enough and it's a good one if you want to sleep in an nice, clean hotel. You can't expect many luxuries but it's a good place to stay. It's close to Bastille, where you can go late at night and you don't have to catch the last metro. The only negative was that the blanket in my room had a weird smell. Generally, everything tha this hotel pledges for is true.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank irida_das
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Travelling alone, I was glad to be on the 6th floor (even if there is no elevator !). I felt secure knowing there is someone at the front desk 24/7 as well. Only one corner street away was a bus stop who would get me to the Louvre and the center of the city. If you prefer, to walk, you can get to Notre-Dame in maybe 30 min. The Hotel was basic, simple but clean, what else do you need really ! The new windows made the busy street below not even an issue. The Hotel was renovating when I was there this summer but never bothered me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank VeroniqueTP
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very pleased, spent 2 nights over a weekend on my own.
Excellent location, quiet room overlooking the back street, basic but clean room with toilet and shower. Lots to do in the area (shopping, cinema, Opera), metro and buses very close. Staff are courteous and helpful. Already planning my next stay!
Cannot comment on breakfast as i was on room only basis.
A winner for me and I have to Paris countless times...

Room Tip: No lift, so if you are at the top, you may be wanting some help carrying the luggage upstairs. I tra...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank LydiaG
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a delightful, small and charming old building hotel near the Bastille area an amazing place to stay.
 Unfortunately I discovered this hotel late of my trip planning, they were mostly booked so I could stay there only for 3 nights.
I have stayed in two different category rooms, both were charming, with high selling, old classic fireplace with marble top, have balconies and large French windows. The superior category room was excellent, and the staff was extremely helpful to move me from room to room. The location is great, very near the heart of Paris, and very safe to walk back from the Opera Bastille for example at the middle of the night.
 The staff was amazing very accommodating and always very helpful, they did everything they could to make sure I am comfortable and enjoying my stay. I highly recommend the Hotel Baudin to Anyone, who is looking for a family type of environment instead of cold, sterile, impersonalized typical hotel. I would definitively stay there again.
Room Tip: there is no elevator, climbing the stairs is a good fitness exercise, but they help to carry your luggage up if you need it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kinga R
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Due to a change on plans, we arrived in Paris without a reservation. I won't do that again. The lady at reception went out of her way to find us an open room in Paris. At first, she said she didn't have room for 4 of us. But she came out into the street to bring us back in and help us find a place. Everything was booked solid, so she gave us her last room, which only had one bed, and dragged extra bedding and blankets up 5 flights of stairs so our kids would have a safe and comfortable place to sleep. We were so grateful!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I spent 8 wonderful nights at Hotel Baudin, joined by my daughter. We had a cozy but comfortable room with a wonderful wraparound terrace with a view of the Eiffel Tower and several other landmarks. It was fun to just watch the world below and enjoy wine and cheese at sunset. The bed was very comfortable and the double-paned glass made the room quiet at night in the midst of a late-night city. Renovations are underway, which did not interfere with our comfort. Soon the hotel will be even nicer! Louise and her associates at the front desk were extremely helpful, and made the small frig there available to us. Breakfast of coffee, croissants and fresh-squeezed orange juice at the cafe downstairs became a habit, and the shops and restaurants in the neighborhood provided some great meals and gifts for those at home. Transportation to anywhere in Paris is easy from the hotel, whether by bus, metro or Velib (bike rental). It is a short walk to the Marais for amazing felafel or a longer stroll to Notre Dame and the Left Bank. All in all, it was a wonderful stay and I will surely be back on my next trip to Paris.

Room Tip: Just let Louise know what you need. She picked the perfect room for us.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family