“Good location & Friendly owner”
Review of Hotel Baudin

Hotel Baudin
Ranked #1,395 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Easy to find the location. Near Ledru-rollin & Bastille metro and also can reach by bus. The owner was very kind and friendly. She really help us how to get metro from here to Gare de Nord and a few attractions places.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rose_Dowsen
There are newer reviews for Hotel Baudin

Reviewed April 14, 2012

What an amazing place. The location was great, right by the Bastille and walking distance from the train station, Notre Dame, and the Seine. We stayed in both a renovated room and an older room but were charmed by both. The place is secure, the rooms all have balconies and lare French windows that let in beautiful light. The place is close to Rue de Lappe where we went every night for food, live music, and bars. Rue de Roquette is a street that connects you to the Bastille that has great food and nightlife. The hotel was in a trendy, affordable part of town and we were able to get around very easily. The staff was amazing and did everything they could to make sure we were comfortable and enjoying our stay. The internet was a bit spotty but that got us out and about. There is a Starbucks downt eh road with free internet if needed. Finding this place reminded me of staying in Paris when I was young and I would recommend it to anyone that wants to really experience the charm of Paris right in a busy, lively area that leaves you wanting for nothing.

Room Tip: The renovated rooms have much better showers and only cost a little more.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kelsey N
Reviewed December 30, 2011

i stayed in that hotel almost one month and i recomend to everyone, i was really well receveid by the staff, the hotel staff is a familly and they are all very kind, sympatique and always ready to do something for us, of course is not a 5 star hotel but have all the accomodations, private toillet, tv, internet... the hotel is situed in centre of paris in a safe zone, you walk in every hour the evening without any problems, i have been in several hotels in that area and for me that one is absolutely the best

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Tiago C
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Back from our lovely trip in Paris! I was so amazed by the city. We lived in Hotel Baudin, a homely hotel situated in the heart of Paris: only 5 mns walk from the lively Bastille, 10mns from Gare de Lyon, 30 mns by bus from Chatelet…The building is a typical Parisian architecture. The hotel is in process of being refurbished; so the carpet in the corridor is a bit old-looking, but it was ok. They offered us to visit the rooms before, so that we could choose either a renewed room or an old one. We finally chose an old one, the blue room. It was cheaper (65€ for a couple) and so charming! And People were lovely, always there when we need them. We definitely recommend it. Here are some pics I took at our arrival. (I am a photos addict ☺, I took tons of pics of the city specially the monuments)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mayail
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I do work in the cruise industry, therefore I travel all year long extensively world wide
I visit Paris France approximately every 4 to 6 months for both vacation and business
I discovered Hotel Baudin 2 years ago, before Easter Holidays and enjoyed the hotel for the following reason:

This is a delightful, small and charming old building hotel near the Bastille area.
The new management company is in the process of renovating the whole building and rooms within is original Style and decoration.
I have always stayed in my favorite room # which is very spacious, with high selling, old classic fireplace with marble top
I usually spent 2 to 3 weeks every time accordingly to my schedule.

The location is great, very near the heart of Paris, le marais, chatelet; rue de Rivoli, the seine river and the Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral.

The hotel price is of excellent value, compared to other hotels of the same class range (especially from the other side of the town
Left bank, west side district, probably 30 to 40 % higher prices).

The place is very international; I have encountered guests at the front desk from different European countries

The Hotel Owner at the reception desk is a charming lady, very accommodating and always very helpful.

I highly recommend the Hotel Baudin to Anyone. I would definitively stay there again

Room Tip: there is no lift, climbing the stairs is a good fitness exercise
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank louischalus
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for the weekend. This is a beautiful hotel, however, they are going through major renovations and therefore it´s all a big construction site. But even then, the lady working in the reception was so kind and hospitable and caring that it´s hard to say something negative. She showed me 4 different rooms and I could choose which one I would like to stay at.

The room I stayed in was one of the older rooms with older bathroom (which I had chosen myself), and it was therefore cheaper. It had fantastic big doors to the big balcony. The rooms was def. old but since they are going through renovations I am sure it will get better soon.

The location was also central and close to metro stop. Also, if you do like to eat Fondue (which I love) there is a place in a few minutes walk (Le chalet savoyard).

I guess my advise is: if you don´t mind that they are going through major renovations (pr. sept 2011), and therefore floors are dirty, this place is a nice and affordable place to stay at. If you do mind, then for now look for something else, but make sure you check back because I think after they have made improvements, this will be a really nice place.

Bon voyage.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank RezaS75
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The hotel is located in an old building, there are 6 floors, no lift! It's been refurbished, so there is noise during the day and dust and paint everwhere, but nothing too bad.

We paid 75 EUR for a renewed room with a big terrace overlooking the rooftops. Wooden floor, fireplace, big French window.
It was very clean, though I did get bitten by the usual bed bugs....
The owner said it was not usual and gave us a discount and said they usually call the pest control company everytime this happens. I know there can be bed bugs even in the poshiest hotels, so I was not too annoyed, and I've seen a lot worse than that, unfortunately.

The hotel is 2 minutes away from rue de Lappe, with loads of bars, restaurants and funky boutiques. The street below is noisy, better to have earplugs.
Free wi-fi, which worked fine.

I think it's a very charming budget hotel, with very helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple