“cheap for Paris”

Hotel Relais Bergson
Ranked #1,412 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 24, 2013

clean, no lift and no porter offered. nice small dining room. Mostly friendly staff, who spoke English.
One of our two rooms was very small, the other not large, both had fairly basic amenities, en-suite bathrooms (with shower but no bath). Good location with easy walking to 2 Metro stations, close to local kosher restaurants etc

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Linda S
There are newer reviews for Hotel Relais Bergson

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with a friend for 4 nights while visiting Paris.
I have nothing bad to say about the hotel other than the fact that the wifi wasn't the best.
The location was superb, only a short walk from Jaures metro station and literally 10 steps from Bolivar metro. It was very easy to find, you just come. Up the stairs from Bolivar, look behind you and it's right there. :)
The price was excellent, we got more than what we paid for, surprisingly good at a peak time in a great location in one of the most popular cities in the world.
The rooms were spacious, very clean, cleaned every day. The showers were excellent, plenty of hot water and great power.
Sleep quality was great, not woken up once during our stay, the area was fairly quiet at night, but like I said, only a metro away from the lively parts if you wanted to go out. We even walked back one night from about 30 minutes away and even for us, 2 young girls, it was safe to do. You can get anywhere from there on the metro, but it stops between about 1am and 5am. A taxi wouldn't have been expensive and I'm sure there's probably buses too, but we weren't bothered.
Overall a very pleasant and reasonable stay in a lovely clean hotel. Would definitely return if I was in Paris again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed with a friend and we found the rooms very clean and equipped with everything you might need. We used Jaures metro a few minutes walk away as a gateway to the sights of Paris. About 20 minutes into the centre. It makes sense to buy a day pass for the metro as this is such a quick and efficient way of getting round and there can be queues for tickets if you don't already have one. Anyway we were very comfortable here although we both found the traffic and other noise from the street very loud at night, I suggest you request a room at the back of the hotel. We didn't have breakfast here, we found a boulangerie round the corner where we bought coffee and fantastic fresh croissants for 2 euros each.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back there is a lot of street noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank leicestermancunian
Reviewed September 2, 2013

me and my girl friend were there 2 weeks ago for about a week...quite a nice place, great value for money. a pretty important thing is that the location is 5-6 min walk from jaures metro station (less than 1 min from bolivar metro, but dont count on this station because its small and you'll have to take a "7 bis metro" from bolivar to jaures if you wanna get anywhere. our rooms was really clean all along the week. didn't try the breakfast (though we saw it, it seems nice and basic). the staff is really nice, and most of them know english. the overall location is pretty good though not amazing - there is a really great boulangerie next to the hotel, and a supermarket which is really convenient, though not much more (a few coffee places and few restaurants, but non of them worth a visit). overall it was a good experience, and good value for money!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank assaf s
Reviewed November 19, 2012

If your on a tight budget and just need a clean place to stay........THIS IS YOUR PLACE!!
I took my high school daughter to Paris just for the weekend. It was a last min trip and money was going to be tight. I read all the other reviews and decided to stay here. I was SO glad we did.
We arrived in from a red eyed to the hotel around 10:30am. It was too early to check in but the lady at the front desk found us a room we could take early.
The room was small but clean! If your use to living in the city then the street noise wont bother you. We were on the second floor and the noise was fine to me.....but Im use to the city noises. The walls are thin, but I was never waken by anyone. There isnt a lift....so make sure you are able to carry your luggage up the stairs.
Right next door is the subway. Make sure and get a tourist daily pass at the airport. It will save you a lot....just dont lose your ticket!
About a block up the street is a market. If your on a budget its a great place to buy food. We bought stuff to make sandwiches, snacks and candies to bring back.
Next time I go back Im staying here!!

Room Tip: I was in a corner room 18 that faced the street. I liked this room but if noise is an issue you may...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sweet2blea
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and myself stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights last year, although the hotel is a bit scruffy and tacky, the location more than makes up for it. Situated nearly next to Bolivar metro station, getting into the centre of Paris is quick, easy and inexpensive. There are plenty of shops and cafes and bars nearby and even a McDonalds a few minutes walk away. One of the nicest parks in Paris, Parc des Buttes Chaumont, is just a few minutes walk away. I would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Parcdelagrange
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Clean hotel, good customer service, close to several metro stations.
I stayed with my wife and 22 month old son and had a good sleep in a quiet room.

Room Tip: "no lift available"
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family